There is definitely something wrong with the matchmaker, at least for American servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
You can start a search with "10 people searching your same criteria" and you still won't find a game for like an hour. I really don't think it's doing a good job of getting everybody into games. Before this last update you could find MP games any time, now you can't get one even if you try both the east and west coast servers.

BTW people should be able to search for both east and west in America... would definitely help.

I'd really like to know what "searching with your criteria" means. Does it mean they have all the same boxes ticked? Or just some of the same modes activated? That would explain why you can jave 10 people searching with your criteria but not get a match. Could also be that the matchfinder hopes to get enough players going for a siege.

Would be much easier if each mode just had 2 notifications:
1. Players searching for this mode
2. Players in game
Maybe a "Total players searching" note for all modes combined.

I'd really like to know what "searching with your criteria" means. Does it mean they have all the same boxes ticked? Or just some of the same modes activated? That would explain why you can jave 10 people searching with your criteria but not get a match. Could also be that the matchfinder hopes to get enough players going for a siege.

Would be much easier if each mode just had 2 notifications:
1. Players searching for this mode
2. Players in game
Maybe a "Total players searching" note for all modes combined.
I'm fairly sure it's exact.

Iirc in the beta this is removed anyways for an average wait time which is not useful with the current playerbase but sure.
(This is not useful as there are rotations of games so the average says nothing basically)

Iirc in the beta this is removed anyways for an average wait time which is not useful with the current playerbase but sure.
(This is not useful as there are rotations of games so the average says nothing basically)
They are probably changing it so you can't see how broken the matchmaker is when there are like 30 people searching same criteria and it still can't find a game. It's sad but this is honestly how they fix things in this game, straight sweeping **** under rugs.

"Oh the economy is broken and towns go bankrupt? Uuuuuuuuhhhh we'll just have the towns create money if they don't have any... that way we never have to actually make the economy function properly."

"Oh the AI lords will just keep coming back with armies of recruits after they die? Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh we'll just have them spawn with higher tier troops... that way we never have to make them have any intelligence with their war and peace decisions and everyone can just constantly be at war all the time with zero repercussions."

It's like.... how are you supposed to have a rich immersive rpg experience with a game that functions almost entirely on shoestring and bubblegum fixes.

You can start a search with "10 people searching your same criteria" and you still won't find a game for like an hour. I really don't think it's doing a good job of getting everybody into games. Before this last update you could find MP games any time, now you can't get one even if you try both the east and west coast servers.

BTW people should be able to search for both east and west in America... would definitely help.
I was under the assumption if it hadn't taken you into the warm-up with 6 or more searching your criteria then some players are in a 4+ party queing. So it won't trigger a game until there are 8 or 10 or 12 players (if there is a 6 man party queing).
Of course this is just my assumption. In saying all that it does do some very random things and it certainly doesn't like it when the searching criteria number goes over 12... 13+ is cause for a meltdown

Back
Top Bottom