Theories on why Americans don't like this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Because the playerbase is so low there is no opportunity for the rating system to place people in balanced teams.

I said it when it came out, it's a waste of time trying it now, it should have been there on release where even average competitive players like me were stomping lobbies with 20 kills and no deaths.
If there were custom servers without this forced matchmaking - competitive dudes would organise themselves to fight each other, and us normal people would hang around sieges/TDM's, where skill is negated by numbers and we can have our casual fun. Just like it was in Warband. It's crazy how much fun I got there as a casul, and how much mental energy it costs me to play Bannerlord.

Well pointing this out, the only warband mutiplayer module that is popular with Americans is Napoleonic Wars. The NA NW playerbase rivals the NA Bannerlord playerbase. I even think the NA NW comp scene is bigger we have a groupfight draft league ending and immediately after a new one is starting back up. We also just like having custom servers you know. Plus the rivalrys between regiments. Also the servers not bring Central really sucks **** for anyone west of the Mississippi. Honestly Bannerlord just spilit the already small Na community on warband native.

Horrible balance. The MP is bad and boring plain and simple. In warband there was a certain rhythm when you were having a good fight, bannerlord on the other hand is like a busted accordion. Unintuitive stance system, chambers not working correctly, double swings, combo spamming to glitch animations, broken crushthrough (fixed now), absurdly broken cavalry that has been been OP since Beta that will glance every single swing then one shot you out of nowhere cus sound is broken, floaty animations that have no weight to them ( poor physics ).

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, from a very non-scientific point of view, that there seems to be a difference between US players and EU players when it comes to some gaming philosophy. It seems to me that EU players consider realism equally or even more important than gameplay balance, while NA seems to be more focused on gameplay balance rather than medieval recreation realism. I myself fit very well in the NA category where i do not give a crap about true realism as long as the game feels fluid, rewarding, balanced and fair. Whenever i point out any of these issues, there often is a EU player denying them by defending Taleworld's realism choices. Most of the time i get pissed off because it makes literally 0 sense to me that a game should become broken and unbalanced for the sake of recreating authentic realistic medieval battles. Then again, the sample which im basing this on is very small (forum users) and i could be wrong about my assumptions about users being NA or EU, but most of time i seem right when i assume that the "realism" preachers are EU. NA players want a good game, not perfect medieval recreation and simulation. Then again, i could be way off with this theory.

I am the best NA player and I love bannerlord, wat ur talking about

I love Bannerlord too, im just way bummed out that all NA are playing in the most ridiculously poorly designed and braindead mode out there while they could all just jump on the Siege servers which are basicly barely ever crashing anymore. On EU its one siege after the other and it crashes once every 5 to 10 matches, or even not once for the whole evening. I will never understand what the hell do NA players find attractive in Team Deathmatch, its beyond any understanding for me. The mode is dumb as hell with the worst possible spawns, the maps are massively cavalry and archer oriented, literally unplayable for Infantry. On the other side we have Siege, which is basicly the same god damn thing, except we dont spawn randomly surrounded by 10 ennemies, we always spawn in safety and we all move in the same direction towards the fight.

I love Bannerlord too, im just way bummed out that all NA are playing in the most ridiculously poorly designed and braindead mode out there while they could all just jump on the Siege servers which are basicly barely ever crashing anymore. On EU its one siege after the other and it crashes once every 5 to 10 matches, or even not once for the whole evening. I will never understand what the hell do NA players find attractive in Team Deathmatch, its beyond any understanding for me. The mode is dumb as hell with the worst possible spawns, the maps are massively cavalry and archer oriented, literally unplayable for Infantry. On the other side we have Siege, which is basicly the same god damn thing, except we dont spawn randomly surrounded by 10 ennemies, we always spawn in safety and we all move in the same direction towards the fight.
As much as I agree that more NA players should play the siege mode, its important to take into account the other opinions from this thread and how they interconnect. NA players in my opinion want to recreate the "pickups" 8v8 from Warband they got so used to. Where individual skill and teamwork mattered more. The ability to pick and choose the weapons and armor your class used provided for more strategy on the team end. It also allowed casual players in servers like GK TDM to choose custom outfits and loadouts with the GK Modpack they developed. NA really liked these changes, especially since they came at a time where Warband was beginning to lose interest due to its age. When Bannerlord Early Access released, more NA players expected more of the same type of team-style combat that made Warband so special. I was not apart of the competitive scene but as someone mentioned I really picked up on the mods Warband has that Bannerlord is still not able to host on its platform. The development of this game seemed to take 20% of the things that made warband good and the other 80% were thrown in the trashcan.

Also there was not even an option for guns. Warband native had the "firearms" skill! Lets not forget about the flintlock pistol. These small bits and pieces made Warband an even more special game for me and having to choose from a predetermined class system with perks is just not how I expected bannerlord to play. Bannerlord is the finest example of the term Expectancy Violation. The NA scene was misled by not being informed rather than having all the information that the devs collected from their primarily EU alpha testers.

Do not get me wrong, I will continue playing bannerlord because it is basically crack cocaine for me. I just wish the devs make changes to multiplayer without ruining the singleplayer that the EU base loves so much. I do not even tell my friends IRL about bannerlord because I do not want them supporting what I consider to be a dev team that grifted an entire continent out of their money. The various teams at Taleworlds (marketing, development) really failed at their jobs in the pre-development stage of Bannerlord and we are simply seeing the effects of that today.

forumwarrior post over, time to go kill noobs in skirmish for that sweet sweet serotonin

As much as I agree that more NA players should play the siege mode, its important to take into account the other opinions from this thread and how they interconnect. NA players in my opinion want to recreate the "pickups" 8v8 from Warband they got so used to. Where individual skill and teamwork mattered more. The ability to pick and choose the weapons and armor your class used provided for more strategy on the team end. It also allowed casual players in servers like GK TDM to choose custom outfits and loadouts with the GK Modpack they developed. NA really liked these changes, especially since they came at a time where Warband was beginning to lose interest due to its age. When Bannerlord Early Access released, more NA players expected more of the same type of team-style combat that made Warband so special. I was not apart of the competitive scene but as someone mentioned I really picked up on the mods Warband has that Bannerlord is still not able to host on its platform. The development of this game seemed to take 20% of the things that made warband good and the other 80% were thrown in the trashcan.

Also there was not even an option for guns. Warband native had the "firearms" skill! Lets not forget about the flintlock pistol. These small bits and pieces made Warband an even more special game for me and having to choose from a predetermined class system with perks is just not how I expected bannerlord to play. Bannerlord is the finest example of the term Expectancy Violation. The NA scene was misled by not being informed rather than having all the information that the devs collected from their primarily EU alpha testers.

Do not get me wrong, I will continue playing bannerlord because it is basically crack cocaine for me. I just wish the devs make changes to multiplayer without ruining the singleplayer that the EU base loves so much. I do not even tell my friends IRL about bannerlord because I do not want them supporting what I consider to be a dev team that grifted an entire continent out of their money. The various teams at Taleworlds (marketing, development) really failed at their jobs in the pre-development stage of Bannerlord and we are simply seeing the effects of that today.

forumwarrior post over, time to go kill noobs in skirmish for that sweet sweet serotonin

I can understand the desire to get more customization, but how in the hell does Bannerlord's TDM provide that in any shape or form ? If anything its way easier to play all classes in Siege than it is in TDM, since you dont die from bad spawn locations. The worst that can happen is a bolt headshots you before you get to the castle, but more often than not it doesnt happen and you manage to either kill someone or get some assists to keep your class. In TDM its just a bunch of peasants running around and defending themselves from Cavs.

tdm is faster and you can respawn as much as you like unlike skirmish, and siege requires you to cap points and deal with archers on walls more often i can see why its not as popular for the casul. I still play the sunday siege and its very fun, although almost impossible to win as attackers on the last point if the defenders have the right faction and teammates. for casuls, it takes like a team of 3 players to run behind and cap G and the game is over in 5 minutes. this is why the mode needs reworking as well.

tdm is faster and you can respawn as much as you like unlike skirmish, and siege requires you to cap points and deal with archers on walls more often i can see why its not as popular for the casul. I still play the sunday siege and its very fun, although almost impossible to win as attackers on the last point if the defenders have the right faction and teammates. for casuls, it takes like a team of 3 players to run behind and cap G and the game is over in 5 minutes. this is why the mode needs reworking as well.

At least you know the archers are in front of you, not in some weird 360 degree crossfire while having cavs running at you from all angle. Then again, i dont understand the appeal, at all.

The reason most NAers don't play siege is because it sucks. You see, not everyone enjoys playing cav, and even less people like being lanced in the back while trying to defend a gate or running to defend a point. At least in TDM nothing matters and you can run around like an idiot until you get bored.

But, back to the original topic, in cRpg mod Europe had about twice the numbers as NA did, and had some incredible players who could play on NA servers and still get top scores. But their gameplay apparently was cancerous. Far too many archers apparently. And in Strategus they all just captured the lands they wanted, then never fought again while NA would go to war as fast as they could build half decent armies.

I think it has a bit to do with national pride, as Eu cRpg had a lot of Russian players who tended to stick together (probably because so few speak English), and we know much eastern europeans love their medieval combat as seen in Battle of Nations.

Taleworlds is not a American company.

Regarding the talks about the NBA game. Living in the Detroit suburbs I have come to understand the most prestigious and widely celebrated black holiday is "2k Day." Every black man takes off school or work on the day of release of the new 2k game.
I heard that all americans no matter what ethnicity are always present at the opening of another mcdonald's around the street corner opposite to the burger king.

They stand up and sing and stuff, it's really amazing

Even during the days of Warband it was Europeans that populated the game and kept it alive, why is this? Is the learning curve too high for American population?

Bannerlord at peak has around 15 NA players in a TDM server.

- Updates that unbalance classes
- High level of bans for accidental TK's/Friendly Fire
- High level of censorship
- Private Servers will never come out
- Lack of updates for Multiplayer
- 1st Amendment is infringed upon by a Turkish Company
- 2nd Amendment is revoked we can't purchase firearms in game

Most of the NA community was looking for a game with more content than we got especially when it comes to MP. I personally spent most of my 3000+ hours from Warband in NW participating in Linebattles and Siege events where at one time Event hosts had to split the attendees between 2-3 different servers and in some cases the regiments were so large that 1 entire team was occupied by a single regiment. Alot of veteran players remember this with a sense of nostalgia including myself.

This is why we push so hard for a 1-life gamemode and public servers so that we can relive these experiences. Most of the old community never came to this game because they heard from the few who did that it is **** and doesn't have the features like a battlemode or private servers that people expected and wanted. Now they are leaving for games such as Holdfast, War of Rights, Battle Cry of Freedom, staying in NW or just leaving the genre completely. The only people who remain in NA MP are those with hope and the noobs who will soon realize their **** and leave without experiencing the true possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom