Theories on why Americans don't like this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
Even during the days of Warband it was Europeans that populated the game and kept it alive, why is this? Is the learning curve too high for American population?

Bannerlord at peak has around 15 NA players in a TDM server.

Maybe because of the server locations and bad connections people have. Do we have data on how the singleplayer player base does compared to multiplayer in europe and the us respectively?

Could also be a cultural thing where europeans feel more connected to the middleages.

maybe because the server only caters to east na that and that most NA people like fps vs melee

A lot of WB players that geniunly dislike this game and constantly criticized it I know are European, so I dont know if this is only happening to Americans

I'm American, and I ****ing love this game. I've played since original Mount & Blade beta version 0.751.

Most of my American and European friends dislike Mount & Blade, and the reason why is how unpolished it is (and always has been). I love the feel of the melee system more than any other melee system I've seen, but the combat doesn't look as good as games with more fancy canned animations (but less player control). It seems that most gamers, regardless of culture, prefer games where the combat looks more lifelike, even if it feels less lifelike (that is, even if the player has less control and is more watching than doing).

And it isn't just combat, but the Mount & Blade series is rough-around-the-edges in general. I see it as a diamond in the rough, but I think most people just see the "rough" part and don't give it a proper chance.

All that said: I wouldn't be surprised if metrics showed that there were in fact a proportionately higher number of European players than American ones. My experience in hardcore flight sim-games (a high-difficulty genre) showed that there was a higher percentage of European players than American ones, and so I think there is something to the OP's suggestion that American gamers tend to prefer less difficult games than European gamers, on average. And while Mount & Blade does have options to reduce difficulty, the melee system is inherently more difficult than most game's melee systems. (That's the point of the game, isn't it?)

Last edited:
I live in the U.S and I like this game but I prefer to play single player instead of multiplayer. Most of my friends are waiting for it to be fully polished. I tried to connect to servers but I can't connect (I live east coast). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Why nobody is talking about the game is pretty common amongst British? Because they love medieval times unlike Americans. They like to play NBA while eating tons of greasy fast food.

1. Americans are without exception completely braindead.
2. Europeans are also braindead, but they instantly *** when they see armour from their crappy country's past in a video game.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reporting from Canada. I've said this multiple times, but the main reason I'm not liking Bannerlord in its current state is cuz TaleWorlds is taking the game to a direction I personally can't say I enjoy. Archers are WAY too good compared to other units and without much in the way of proper counters asides from playing archer yourself while having better aim, the better solution is "Play Warband because there's more honor to be had in that game". Also, it's apparent to me that TaleWorlds doesn't plan on changing the current faction balancing cuz Vlandia has been the best faction for the longest time while Sturgia and Khuzait continue to rot in the garbage bin.

I don't expect TaleWorlds to change their mind about how they should balance the game and i'd go as far as to think that Bannerlord multiplayer is a lost cause unless i see a sudden change in direction.

Last edited:
Taleworlds is not a American company.

Regarding the talks about the NBA game. Living in the Detroit suburbs I have come to understand the most prestigious and widely celebrated black holiday is "2k Day." Every black man takes off school or work on the day of release of the new 2k game.

Back
Top Bottom