Theories on why Americans don't like this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Actual reason on why americans don't like the game? Nah, they watch NBA, and black people like 2K games, that is definetly the cause even though it's quite stupid and racist and literally based on stupid stereotypes!!! ???

They're still angry over 9/11.

Also, they think Turks did 9/11.
We tried take down The Twins by horse-archery but building stood strong, seems like arrows doesn't affect the building that much. Guess what? Arabs came up with a much better idea.
giphy.gif

In fairness if Taleworlds did 9/11 they would have announced it ten years beforehand and when they did it everyone would be too jaded to care.
Btw your signature is interesting.
'Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination.' -Steve Negus

TW? Imagination? The entire game is based on medieval things and names. Find something unique in this name and I will... I will... whatever.

Btw your signature is interesting.
'Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination.' -Steve Negus

TW? Imagination? The entire game is based on medieval things and names. Find something unique in this name and I will... I will... whatever.

Creativity and imagination doesn't need to be unique. You'd struggle to find anything unique in most games. Calradia is quite imaginative for a low fantasy setting. Other than that you'd have to ask Steve.

we don't even have a normal performance server. where do we get the population?

I feel like this game only develops for the local environment. Then that's why any minor network delay causes the async bug.

For the casual players, many American casual players would play Warband for the GK TDM or GK Siege experience rather than play Warband just to play. Our community was also much more heavily divided between modules, so the lack of those modules means that many of those communities have not carried over. It especially doesnt help that many of those communities were focused on gamemodes that revolved around persistent, meaningful gear customization (Persistent World and CRPG) and the current Bannerlord class system is the complete antithesis of being able to customize your gear.

For the Competitive and Esports, most of the "Native" NA communities like wK, TMW, bKs, POM, Balion etc were very very adamant that Battle mode was what kept them around. It doesnt get much more cut and dry than
#nobattlenobks
Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. I am sure I will have fun in the single player as I have enjoyed it since before Warband's release, but MB Warband's multiplayer was what kept me playing for >5k hours; specifically the competitiveness of battle. There are a dime a dozen medieval 100+ player zerg team death match/death match games on the market right now but none of them have what MB Warband battle had. Suffice to say, I'm beyond disappointed with the omission of battle and duel modes along with several notable changes that I will spare the length of this post on. Long live the hoboknights.

There is also the whole case of the game being basically unplayable for West Coast players at launch due to the block delay that was present for the first 6 months being excruciating for anyone with 80+ ping. Block delay has since been fixed and West Coast is FINALLY getting some servers, so that entire half of the continent might start to trickle in now.

For me personally, I would love to play, but XBOX Gamepad support still isnt fully implemented. Playing just isnt worth the tendonitis I get from Wasd at the moment.

Last edited:
Couple of reasons:

-MnB multiplayer is pretty reliant on a good internet connection, and swathes of the US have dreadful internet, and the distances involved make it a struggle for those even with good internet. Compare to EU which is smaller and the poorer nations actually have better internet, by and large.

-The competitive scene in NA has always been smaller because of some crap decisions early on in their community, and also the premiere team up and leaving because archers got dropped shields.

There is also some cultural reasons just due to proximity e.g. as Turkey is in, or right next to Europe depending on who you ask, it's much easier for EU to have that base level pop of players to ensure the MP scene doesn't die, since there's always going to be some guy called Ataturk playing on TDM.

Why nobody is talking about the game is pretty common amongst British? Because they love medieval times unlike Americans. They like to play NBA while eating tons of greasy fast food.
what killed NA is it’s the ****ty servers and the decision for a ****ty server location, bs hit boxes and no custom servers

You say this like medieval games haven't reached their highest popularity ever here in the states.
Proportionally, interest has plummeted worldwide:

Middle Ages, Medieval Game, Medieval Online Game, Fantasy Game, Fantasy Online Game - Explore - Google Trends

Chiv/Mordhau/M&B have always been niche and are becoming increasingly more niche. The internet is increasingly good at organizing niche communities and making them feel larger than they are, but the medieval genre isn't popular and is becoming less popular.

The game forces casual players to fight agains world's top players in the 6v6 Skirmish.

It's crazy no one wants to play. Must be cultural thing. Or fantasy fatigue. Greatest mistery indeed!

Sadly in the minds of your average NA, history begins with gunpowder and bayonets. Swords and castles are like dinosaur bones: fossilized trickery planted by those who would turn you away from the righteous path.

The game forces casual players to fight agains world's top players in the 6v6 Skirmish.

It's crazy no one wants to play. Must be cultural thing. Or fantasy fatigue. Greatest mistery indeed!

Because the playerbase is so low there is no opportunity for the rating system to place people in balanced teams.

I said it when it came out, it's a waste of time trying it now, it should have been there on release where even average competitive players like me were stomping lobbies with 20 kills and no deaths.

Back
Top Bottom