OSP 2D Art Thel's Facepack [Released]

Users who are viewing this thread

Thel

Thel's Facepack (2.0)
Download (MB File Repository)

Final (2nd) version weeeeeeh  :mrgreen: Maybe I'll texture hairs soon? PS. if this is in the wrong forum section, moveathon... Thanks.
Hello, this is my first upload here. I hope you enjoy.

I have always been unhappy with the default skin textures in M&B, and even more-so in Warband. I felt that they were dreadfully bland and old compared to other textures in MB/WB, and so "updated" them.

These are designed to be much smoother and brighter, with new eyes, lips, noses, tweaking, skin features (freckles, beauty marks, wrinkles etc). All lips and noses now fit the meshes, and hopefully are to your liking. Eyebrows should not fit most hair colours. Young characters look fresher, and aged ones look less cryptic-zombie. Aged characters have more placid expressions than their younger, spunky warlords/ladies :smile:

This replaces the female and male face textures, both young and old versions respectively. Backups are included, as well as screen shots.

Bodies are not included in this mod.
Should work in all Mount&Blade and Warband versions.

1. Unpack and paste the individual files directly into your /Textures folder.
2. Play

Please rate, comment and provide feedback so that I may improve .

Usage in Mods Etc.
Feel free to include this in your mods, but please link back and provide credit where it is due.
BOMBS AWAAAAAAAAAY.
Screen shots! (...Do these textures no justice! I implore you to test them yourself in-game.)
females.png

males.png

Well, well, Thel, Thel. It's a bit too sunny in here to properly see the pictures that already loaded, but I must say it looks nice. I wouldn't mind swiping them and adding them, not as replacement, but as extra faces. :smile:

The women's eyes are ****ing big, though. :eek:

Austupaio said:
They look good, but the blacks look a little odd. They just look like white people with dark skin.

I am sure that it is possible to generate a character with more ethnic features using the sliders in MB/Warband. All the textures displayed in the screenshots are on the same face :smile:

They look a bit too shiny and neat. Also anime-eyes. But I imagine the features regarding shape can easily be fixed. Nice job. :smile:

As I stated before - these new face textures are a great improvement and an essential mod in my eyes! :smile:

Although they are -not entirely- perfect...
As someone else already said: the palest face appears a bit too pale.

And I think the eyes are still a weak point.
Would be great to see even better, somehow... sparkling eyes. That would make the NPC's appear much more alive.

Thel said:
Maybe I'll texture hairs soon?

Yes, ma'am!
I'd like that, Thel.  :smile:

cheers!

lucky lancer said:
As I stated before - these new face textures are a great improvement and an essential mod in my eyes! :smile:

Although they are -not entirely- perfect...
As someone else already said: the palest face appears a bit too pale.

And I think the eyes are still a weak point.
Would be great to see even better, somehow... sparkling eyes. That would make the NPC's appear much more alive.

Thel said:
Maybe I'll texture hairs soon?

Yes, ma'am!
I'd like that, Thel.  :smile:

cheers!

Thankyou for the feedback (:
It is my first time ever texturing, so I may release a new and improved texture-pack soon, with the stuff I have learned making this version. Gonna sort out those eyes and make sure everyone has teeth and aren't vampires.

Wow, those are some nice faces :eek:! Warband can really stand for more faces.

Was wondering for future reference, what your preference on mods using your textures is? Most mods could benefit from more skins and faces, so just wondering.

Thanks for the good mod :smile:.

Wow, those are some nice faces :eek:! Warband can really stand for more faces.
Yes, know anyone who knows (or indeed, if you know yourself) how to add seperate new face skins to MB/WB? I would love to expand the selection of faces without replacing any. So much more I want to do.

Was wondering for future reference, what your preference on mods using your textures is? Most mods could benefit from more skins and faces, so just wondering.

I haven't thought about it, but I'm sure as long as credit is given and a link to the original forum post is provided, I would have no problems with people using these textures in a mod, whatsoever :smile:

Back
Top Bottom