SP Fantasy The Wutai War, 0.5 Released!

Do you prefer small frequent updates or large, hugely converting, but rare updates?

• Frequent but less content.

Votes: 81 41.3%
  • Rare, but more content.

Votes: 115 58.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Locke said:
What, just a tin?
But... It's tapered !

Locke said:
Then again, I guess the Condor won't have arrived yet.
Correct.  :razz:

Update: Also done modeling the Gold Saucer.
Rocket town, Junon, Cosmo Canyon and Cave entrances remaining.

Update2: Highelf allowed me to use his Chocobo's  :grin:

There already are new troops, going to start on items once i i have finished the map icons.

Update: The Chocobo's are in!  :grin:

I also noticed that the same music plays at ALL ambushes, i'll do something about that.

I've found some bugs with this mod so far

1.  even with small parties (less than 5) the game tries to charge me around 20 K for wages, even though party screen says only 24 gil

2.  the village next to cosmo canyon was registered as Feif and payed me taxes, even though i don't own them

3.  I receive a message when fighting near the gold saucer area that a random desert object doesn't work

4.  it isn't possible to reach neiblhiem

5.  I tried to enter a tournament, it automatically eliminated me from the tourny I never even got to compete other than that it seems to be running fine

Could be an old bug, I'm not sure if I d/led it before of after you'd fixed some of them. Choosing Junon would send me to Costa Del Sol.

Ooh, Chocobo's!

Edit: This, my 600th post, becomes silly and redundant. :sad:

@Locke: Yeah, that bug was fixed.

JC_Phoenix said:
I've found some bugs with this mod so far

1.  even with small parties (less than 5) the game tries to charge me around 20 K for wages, even though party screen says only 24 gil

2.  the village next to cosmo canyon was registered as Feif and payed me taxes, even though i don't own them

3.  I receive a message when fighting near the gold saucer area that a random desert object doesn't work

4.  it isn't possible to reach neiblhiem

5.  I tried to enter a tournament, it automatically eliminated me from the tourny I never even got to compete other than that it seems to be running fine
1. Tried to replicate this, but did as it should, do you have any more details?

2. There is no village next to Cosmo Canyon, if you mean Wutai Defences South (Castle), it's owned by Checkov.

3. No native meshes has been modified, this is an error with your native game files.

4. Fixed.

5. Do you know what town the tournament was in?

Also, i have completed the sea travel script, and it works perfectly now. (Thanks kt0)

There is also an issue with the chocobo's, i think they are rigged after the old horse animations and thus very twitchy. Until i learn to rig (i only know how to rig inanimate objects) or someone offers help with it, it will have to stay like that.

(I also just realized i have spelled Defenses wrong, despite using it about 7 times  :razz:)

I really gave you all the info that i had about the wages bug... the party screen said that the weekly wages were only 25 gil, but at the end of the week it charged me 20 k

I do believe that it was the Wutai defense south that registered as fief and gave me taxes

the random desert object may be a problem with my native files, but i don't get it while playing native

the War City (patch didn't change the name to gold saucer) was the city that eliminated me from the tourny without competing

I'm starting to think that maybe I had a bad patch download or something, I'll try to redownload later

by the way if you still find your having trouble with transportation between continents... there are a number of boat mods available,  using these could possibly allow you to travel to other places easier (such as Mideel)

JC_Phoenix said:
I really gave you all the info that i had about the wages bug... the party screen said that the weekly wages were only 25 gil, but at the end of the week it charged me 20 k
I really have no idea on this, if i get any more reports of this i'll have to try to figure it out.
JC_Phoenix said:
I do believe that it was the Wutai defense south that registered as fief and gave me taxes
This is also weird, when i'm testing it, it's working as it should.
JC_Phoenix said:
the random desert object may be a problem with my native files, but i don't get it while playing native
Then again, native doesn't use the desert tiles.
JC_Phoenix said:
the War City (patch didn't change the name to gold saucer) was the city that eliminated me from the tourny without competing
Hmm, it should have changed, the whole city might have been bugged if you got a corrupted download.
JC_Phoenix said:
I'm starting to think that maybe I had a bad patch download or something, I'll try to redownload later
Make sure you got the 0.1b patch instead of 0.1a.
JC_Phoenix said:
by the way if you still find your having trouble with transportation between continents... there are a number of boat mods available,  using these could possibly allow you to travel to other places easier (such as Mideel)
Already fixed that.

I have done a lot of changes to it, but i want to do a lot more before i release it. At least add some items, finish the map icons and troops.

Added victory fanfare (obligatory, of course).

I have added Fort Condor and Gold Saucer and a lot of changes has to be made to the chocobo, so I'm going to remodel it.
Then I'm starting on Junon, the mako cannon will take a while. IF i can confirm it was built back then.

Edit:
Junon is finished, with exception of the mako cannon. I must say the ground was the hardest part.

Screenshots are in the OP.

Locke said:
Gold Saucer and Junon are ****ing brilliant. Bravo.
Junon's control tower is a bit tall, ill fix that.

Locke said:
Fort Condor's base should be wider, I think.
It looked better before i put it on the map, i think ill just remove the lower part and place it on an actual hilltop.

Sheriff-murder said:
Locke said:
Fort Condor's base should be wider, I think.
It looked better before i put it on the map, i think ill just remove the lower part and place it on an actual hilltop.
That'll work.

I'm wondering how you're going to do Junon. Perhaps do the slums beneath, and have the elevator door lead straight to the lord's hall?

I was thinking more of doing the classical junon street, but it may include way too much work.
ff7ccscreen17rn4.jpg

On another note, i have remodeled the chocobo:

Original:
chocobo.jpg

Remodel:
chocobo2.jpg

(The wing's texture is not as stretched as it looks)

But it's being a real ***** to rig.

This looks nice cant wait until the real mod is released.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

if u use soundtracks from the original game Final fantasy i will make your mod more .... dunno how to say that in English  :lol:

Someone finally volunteered to rig the chocobo, or at least try.

In other news, i will be working on the textures, making it fit with the new model.
Also, i will make at least a black and gold/white chocobo. Red, green and blue looks a bit odd, but i could add them if people want me to.

Edit: I also found the previous desert object error, and i am working on it.
Edit2: Fixed, it's a bug with all natives, since native no longer uses desert and desert objects have been removed from the game.

Back
Top Bottom