SP Fantasy The Wutai War, 0.5 Released!

Do you prefer small frequent updates or large, hugely converting, but rare updates?

• Frequent but less content.

Votes: 81 41.3%
  • Rare, but more content.

Votes: 115 58.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

yeahchris said:
Sheriff-murder said:
Please tell me if you find any more bugs.

I think there might be a bug with the shinra officer uniform. But it could be just me, so please tell me if you notice anything about it.
For me the Shinra officer uniform is about 3 or 4 times the size of the person wearing it, so it looks like a giant suit of armor running on top of free floating hands, a head, and a pair of feet.

Ah, I'll have to fix that then, for some reason BRFedit was mixing the files up.

I'll upload a patch correcting the item prices and that armor soon.
I'll also rename the white chocobo into golden.
I also realized that none of the mercenaries has any of the new equipment, I'll fix that as well.

QuailLover said:
Did you set the RGL settings on the Shinra Helmet?

I am actually not sure what you are talking about  :razz:

Edit: Patch 0.4b uploaded, it should work correctly now.

It looks like there are still some hitches with the lords continent awareness scripts that needs some cleaning up. Just so you know.

If you get any errors, bugs or other anomalies, please report them. Screenshots would be appreciated.

Added another screenshot:
mb45.jpg

Also,
Feel free to make things on your own.
For example, if you feel that this mod needs [insert missing armor] feel free to contribute.
Or maybe you'd like to do some generic modeling?
Pretty much anything goes for the 1st class SOLDIERs.

I installed the mod, patched it up and then encountered a crash to desktop.

So, when starting up the game starts loading, at the point shown in the first screenshot it freezes and I get an error sound in the background;

part1.jpg

On alt-Tabbing I get this error message;

part2-1.jpg

As with all RGL errors, clicking ok shuts down Mount&Blade.

Any advice?

Seems like i did a mistake with the last patch, so i have updated it. Thanks for the feedback.

Here: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=1424

That should fix the error.

OK, that worked, so thanks for your quick reply!

And let me just say, although this mod is far from completed, It is one of the most enjoyable and interesting mods I have ever played.

You probably already know these, but here are a few suggestions and things I noticed;

-I was not able to find a way back to the Eastern continent.
-The caravan guard units are dressed like Shin-ra soldiers for both sides, but I assume this will be changed in the future so each faction has there own caravan guards as well.
-I don't know if this was intentional, but I couldn't find any baton's or shields on the markets.

These are in fact the only gripes I have at the moment, placeholders are to be expected as well.

A few suggestions;

-Make the Shin-ra Uniform slightly lighter blue, just a little bit!
-Either increase the amount of villages (Hard if your trying to remain faithful to source material), make the villages give out more recruits or make some other sort of recruitment system (Maybe buying them from towns and castles?)
-Minor fixes to geography of world (Not overly important)
-If you were already planning it, then a materia system similar to the magic mods that are kicking about, but only a few simple ones. (Cure, Fire and maybe one that temporarily reduces the targets agility(slow))

If anything sounds retarded or obvious then forget I said anything  :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the music for the most part is excellent and fits in nicely with the mod, however some of more rock/acoustic ones are a bit jarring, so I think going with the orchestral songs would be a good Idea, maybe keeping the others for battle music (speaking of which, battle music is missing I think).

Oh yeah, first time I won a battle the Fanfare music played, and it was awesome, so if it is not already the case then maybe it could be scripted to play if you win a battle.

Of course this all has to remain within the realms of what is acceptable by copyright standards and what not.

Suspect-Device said:
You can travel back through Costa del Sol.
Suspect-Device said:
-The caravan guard units are dressed like Shin-ra soldiers for both sides, but I assume this will be changed in the future so each faction has there own caravan guards as well.
Ah, i didn't notice in the hurry to get patch 0.4b up. The reason for this is that all factions share the same caravan guards. I will fix this for the next version.
Suspect-Device said:
-I don't know if this was intentional, but I couldn't find any baton's or shields on the markets.
For some reason, they are very rare. I have coded them to be extremely common, but the game hates them  :???:
I will hopefully be able to fix it some day.
Suspect-Device said:
-Make the Shin-ra Uniform slightly lighter blue, just a little bit!
I will probably do that.
Suspect-Device said:
-Either increase the amount of villages (Hard if your trying to remain faithful to source material), make the villages give out more recruits or make some other sort of recruitment system (Maybe buying them from towns and castles?)
I am intending to make it possible to recruit neutrals that can be upgraded into either faction from the myhtril mines, as well as increasing the amounts in general.
Suspect-Device said:
-Minor fixes to geography of world (Not overly important)
I know the western continent is very incorrect, if that is what you are aiming to.
Suspect-Device said:
-If you were already planning it, then a materia system similar to the magic mods that are kicking about, but only a few simple ones. (Cure, Fire and maybe one that temporarily reduces the targets agility(slow))
Implementing magic for the time being is too complicated, i want to put the mod together in a playable state before i start experimenting with such things.
Suspect-Device said:
Oh yeah, first time I won a battle the Fanfare music played, and it was awesome, so if it is not already the case then maybe it could be scripted to play if you win a battle.
It already does  :wink:

I think a system for buying recruits for either faction from cities would be a good idea. Especially for Shinra. Makes more sense getting Shinra recruits from the Midgar than getting them from the chocobo farm. Chocobo farm should, like, sell chocobos instead.

I also think it would be a good idea to eventually have vendors in Wutai and Shinra cities that will reliably sell their respective faction equipment. I always thought it was silly in native and other mods that I have to scour the entire continent in order to find all of the standard gear for X unit of X faction. The normal merchants could perhaps sell mostly gear that is not faction specific, and only a little bit that is?

Just a few things I noticed while playing;

-At the betting screen in the tournament menu, it still says "20 Denars" for one of the betting options.
-After a while the messages start getting all screwy, and in battle the notifications of what are going on don't appear. (Damage taken, orders etc)

And a couple more suggestions;

-The Shin-Ra rifle seems a bit too short, I don't know if this is a placeholder.
-Is Junon going to get a gun mounted on it? because I think that would add character.

And I would just like to say that the Turks look hilarious.

Suspect-Device said:
-At the betting screen in the tournament menu, it still says "20 Denars" for one of the betting options.
Yeah, i keep forgetting to fix that. But i managed to get it now.
Suspect-Device said:
-After a while the messages start getting all screwy, and in battle the notifications of what are going on don't appear. (Damage taken, orders etc)
There are still some errors with the lords traveling scripts, which is being combed out.
Suspect-Device said:
-The Shin-Ra rifle seems a bit too short, I don't know if this is a placeholder.
It's a placeholder.
Suspect-Device said:
-Is Junon going to get a gun mounted on it? because I think that would add character.
At the time i made junon, i wasn't skilled enough to make the gun (i can probably do it now). So it is somewhat of a placeholder and will probably get one in the future.
Suspect-Device said:
And I would just like to say that the Turks look hilarious.
No, you!

yeahchris said:
I think a system for buying recruits for either faction from cities would be a good idea. Especially for Shinra. Makes more sense getting Shinra recruits from the Midgar than getting them from the chocobo farm. Chocobo farm should, like, sell chocobos instead.
I am currently working on something like that.
yeahchris said:
I also think it would be a good idea to eventually have vendors in Wutai and Shinra cities that will reliably sell their respective faction equipment. I always thought it was silly in native and other mods that I have to scour the entire continent in order to find all of the standard gear for X unit of X faction. The normal merchants could perhaps sell mostly gear that is not faction specific, and only a little bit that is?
There is not enough equipment in it yet, but once there is, merchants will sell faction specific gear as well as some independent armors and weapons (none yet).

I recolored the shinra armor, but i think i went a bit over the top  :razz:
(It's much more glaring in-game.)
mb46.jpg
mb47.jpg
mb48.jpg

Graylord said:
Suspect-Device said:
I had this too. The travel to Junon option was not there.
Graylord said:
Suspect-Device said:
I am intending to make it possible to recruit neutrals that can be upgraded into either faction from the myhtril mines, as well as increasing the amounts in general.
That, or you could make lords and castles have fewer troops. I mean, it makes more sense for there to be less soldiers, than to invent new areas just to fill the quota. Especially when you consider that in the game, their idea of a town is quite tiny, and it doesn't make sense for these small communities to churn out dozens of recruits every visit. Yep, it would pretty much be better just to scale the armies down. I know it's fun to have ridiculously huge battles, but is that really what one hopes to get from a FFVII mod? I know it never crossed my mind when imagining a FFVII mod. When I heard of this mod, I was looking forward to taking a sword to some rifle wielding Shinra troops, essentially. I can imagine that preferences on this will be split, so a way to set whether you want big or small scale armies in your game would be good, though I don't know if that would be possible. Perhaps in the character creation, there could be an option like this?
Graylord said:
Suspect-Device said:
Implementing magic for the time being is too complicated, i want to put the mod together in a playable state before i start experimenting with such things.
Yep, but if it ever becomes feasible, it could show in the inventory with circular slots. :3

Okay, so bugs. Only ones I've had that haven't been mentioned, is finding large, insubstantial blue barrels in the towns and scenes. Also, when I enter a town or scene, some of my troops are stood, lined up next to the entrance. This bug, if it is a bug, did give the idea that your companions could follow you if you walk around towns. Just an idea.

Locke said:
Graylord said:
Suspect-Device said:
I had this too. The travel to Junon option was not there.
That's odd, it should be the very first option.
I can imaging some issues if you go to war against wutai though.
Locke said:
Okay, so bugs. Only ones I've had that haven't been mentioned, is finding large, insubstantial blue barrels in the towns and scenes. Also, when I enter a town or scene, some of my troops are stood, lined up next to the entrance. This bug, if it is a bug, did give the idea that your companions could follow you if you walk around towns. Just an idea.

The barrels was fixed with the first patch. (Now included in patch 0.4c)
Make sure that the .rar extracted properly, that they didnt go into .../modules/The Wutai War/The Wutai War or something like that.
As for troops following you into the town, i haven't heard of that before. Was it a specific town?

Just want to tell you why nothing has happened here lately.
I just moved and i am still getting settled, so i do not have time right now.
I will pick the mod up again after a week i think, more or less.

Cool, I was getting a tad worried with the complete silence in the thread.  :lol:

Yo guys. Just started on the SOLDIER armors.

soldierarmor.jpg

3rd class armor.
It turned out better than thought it would, but I'm not all too with it pleased really.
But it will do for now.

I also got a Wutai Halberd model from Brudelas which i will have to do some minor changes to, then texture and position.

I don't know if you have seen this stuff already; (Probably)

3rd Class
SOLDIER_3rd_Class.JPG
2nd Class
SOLDIER_2nd_Class.JPG

As you can see, the 2nd class has smaller gloves and the 3rd class has the longer gloves you were talking about, at the moment I think the only thing that needs doing is the belt being made a bit higher and rounded.

Also, the helmet is going to look awesome in game.

Back
Top Bottom