The weirdest lag I've ever had

Users who are viewing this thread

I've posted on like 3-4 IT forums and didn't receive any help, you guys are my last hope.

Built a new PC, bought original Win10 copy and it seems like Warband doesn't want to cooperate at all. Anytime I alt+tab, my game instantly crashes. This happens also when I change any of graphic settings. The error message is "Could not restart Direct3D device". I could stand it, but the worst issue is the lag. I can play cavalry, I can even run around, but anytime I raise my sword or try to swing, I begin to teleport, I've got that "swimming" effect as if I had 300 ping. My ping is about 25-35, 400+ fps, other games work just fine. I've checked my connection, it's stable, other PCs do not get that issue. I thought it's related to windows 10 - disabled all the potentially lag-causing stuff like Cortana, auto-update and so on with no effect. Reinstalled Warband, net framework, all the drivers, performed clean boot, verified files integrity on steam. Nothing helped so far. The last thing I could do is rolling back to Windows 7, but I really want to avoid doing that.

I would appreciate any tip, any kind of advice where to search for a solution.

My PC specs:
I5-6600
GTX 1050Ti
H110M-HDS
8GB RAM
Win 10 64-bit

Did you configure your graphics card properly? Because I recently also built a pc (with a GTX 1080) and I can tell you that games won't function well unless you configure the card properly.

Snazzelicious said:
Did you configure your graphics card properly? Because I recently also built a pc (with a GTX 1080) and I can tell you that games won't function well unless you configure the card properly.

What do you mean by configuring?

EDIT: Alright so after a few more hours of research, I've somehow fixed the crash that happened when I alttabbed. Deleted the intro file. It also stopped to lag in the way it did. My ping somehow jumped from 40 to 100-150 once I fixed the direct3d thing. What is weird - all the speedtests show stable, low ping. Every server lags though in-game, but if I ping it via console, ping is normal. Any ideas?

Sorry man this is beyond me, but I just felt to say sorry that the community has not been a big help recently. If it's for all games maybe post on hardware forums?

Vallixx said:
Sorry man this is beyond me, but I just felt to say sorry that the community has not been a big help recently. If it's for all games maybe post on hardware forums?

Hardware forums couldn't help me either. I've rolled back to Windows 7 with no effect. The issue is either the old HDD I have or the motherboard. I've only found one person having in-game lags similiar to mine, the only thing we had in common was the motherboard.

EDIT: Woah. The fix seems far more than weird. It's the most bizzare thing I ever seen. I just lowered the fps limit, from 999 to 120. No more lag, smooth af.

Back
Top Bottom