The Wedding Dance (Beta Download v.92)

Would you like an option to 'lock' yourself to the chariot?

• Yes...I fall off too often

Votes: 233 22.5%
  • Yes, but include option to turn it off.

Votes: 647 62.5%
  • No.....I like the freedom of movement

Votes: 155 15.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

For God's sake, give Rosha a chance to finish this thing, without sniping about how long it takes.  Fooling about with the code to make it do things Armagan did not intend for it to do is a massive amount of work, and being conscientous enough not to release a mod until it is de-bugged is also a good thing, you know.  Neither Rome nor good mods were made in a day.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
For God's sake, give Rosha a chance to finish this thing, without sniping about how long it takes.  Fooling about with the code to make it do things Armagan did not intend for it to do is a massive amount of work, and being conscientous enough not to release a mod until it is de-bugged is also a good thing, you know.  Neither Rome nor good mods were made in a day.

Hear hear!

Wu-long said:
NinjaKiwi said:
Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
Neither Rome nor good mods were made in a day.

That's because they didn't ask me to build Rome. :cool:

WEll Second Age has requested your service in rigging  :mrgreen:

I actually meant it as a joke,

but i would have helped Second Age if i could, because i'm a supporter also. Only problem is that i can't rig because vista won't let me...

NinjaKiwi said:
Only problem is that i can't rig because vista won't let me...

Lame answer honestly.

Anyway, back on topic, what happened to the "few days till beta release:

Rosha said:
It's a few days away from a beta release.  Just didn't have much in the way of new to add....will update features n tips soon.

Rosha

:?:

Anyway, back on topic, what happened to the "few days till beta release

Life happened, as it sometimes does.  I am very close to a beta release....I do however need some advice.  I've never released a mod so I'm not sure how to exactly.  I understand I need to pack up my folder with winrar, but does anyone know the rest of the process?  Will the repository allow me to upload it or is it just a link to a download?  I don't mind searching for the answer, but as people seem anxious and I am as well, if someone has the answer I'll take the easy road :smile:

While I'm here I'll post some beta tips/ info.

Tips: 
-  Start a new character (Most quests are level based and you'll miss out on much of what's new if you import a character)
-  Try to keep at least one inventory space open at all times (Characters will give you items, and quest rewards are sometimes items.  I'm debugging this, but for beta keep a space free whenever you talk to someone)
-  Hire scouts in taverns (You can only have a limited number of them, so keep em safe)
-  Many quest locations are hidden on the map, so deploy your scouts to help you find them. (talk to them in party window to deploy)
-  Rewards for the arena and tournament have greatly increased (maybe too much lol)

Know Issues:
-  For some reason the fortune teller attacks you as well as bandits when there is a bandit attack at night. (She's not too dangerous lol)
-  If you use the back button while creating your character, you may get stuck in the intro scene, just finish your buisness and save and restart.
-  Texts are unfinished.
-  completely untested with battle size changer (not recomended, as some items are higher poly count, having said that, your welcome to try)
-  Only tested on my computer (dual core, vista, 4gb of ram)

Things I'd like from Beta players:
-  Balance issues (It shouldn't be much of a problem with factions, and the Black Cathedral faction is supposed to be very hard)
-  Item prices and stats (I've added tons of new items and have been a bit sloppy with my pricing and imdb_bits, so if you see something too cheap or a rusty cloth hat please let me know)
-  Try to have fun, but do things that I may not have anticipated (Try switching factions etc)
-  Please write down your thoughts and any item problems as well as what you think of my quests (too hard, too easy, etc)
-  Try to be constructive (99% of the items and textures are made by me, some are quite good and some are horrible lol)
-  Feedback feedback (I know what I like, what do you like?)

-As I've stated earlier, everything I've made will be free use, but please wait until I've released the first version before you do thanks.

Couple of screenshots:
25irw3l.jpg

30vdhjq.jpg

Rosha said:
Anyway, back on topic, what happened to the "few days till beta release

I understand I need to pack up my folder with winrar, but does anyone know the rest of the process?  Will the repository allow me to upload it or is it just a link to a download?

What do you mean? You upload your mod to the repository then give the link out and people go to the link and download it.

I've followed this mod pretty much since it was announced and I think you've consistently shown quality work.  I am very much looking forward to this mod.  The last couple of screenshots look very interesting and quite different from Native.

Good luck with finishing the mod. 

Cheers. 

Rosha said:
You upload your mod to the repository then give the link out and people go to the link and download it.

Great!  I was hoping it would be that easy....thanks.

Rosha
You do have to request upload access before hand however (But that isn't a big deal)

Back
Top Bottom