The War Z

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish I could say I was surprised... but I'm not. Their last game was pretty awful too (honestly the only reason I even knew it existed was it was one of the first F2P games on Steam.) For me at least, I think DayZ was something special because it was built on a simulator game. WarZ might be more game-like, but that simulated aspect of DayZ is what I really came there for, not the zombies, not the pvp.

Sartek said:
Their community is horrible so far.

Their main dev publicly bashed other zombie survival indie games and everyone sucks up to him. Really professional devs. :neutral:

Both the DayZ community and WarZ community are pretty horrible, both of the forums are just sucking up to Rocket or the WarZ devs  :smile:
Also, can I have a link to this public bashing?

Sure, I will find it in a minute. Will modify my post

EDIT: WarZ forums are a bit ****ty, to be honest. Unable to load the thread. You have to wait a few more minutes.

EDIT2: Managed to load the forums now.

Thread by a developer. Dev only has two posts in that thread, both very very negative. Most bashing is done by users. Most of them just jumped on the bandwagon

Second TDL thread on that forum
Same game, same forum. This time started by community members, and feedback is almost entirely positive.

So... The forums were **** and so it seems is the game...

It was recently released in Steam as a "foundation release" which probably means it's an unpolished piece of ****.
I know only one person who was stupid enough to buy it and he warned everyone else not to.

Here's total biscuits preview on it (And surprise surprise, it looks like ****):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

Also no surprise there the game's steampage is full of false advertisement:
http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg?1

I was lead to believe back when it was announced that it's going to be a quick cash-in to ride on the success of Dayz's popularity and so far I haven't been lead to believe otherwise.

I played it, it wasn't that bad but doesn't capture the mood that DayZ does. The world is nowhere near as large as Chernarus, movement speed is horribly slow to emphasize a fake sense of scale.

I got a refund through a credit card charge back (Back in November), I always knew this was going to be bad and I'm glad I got my head out. Never touch this thing, if you want a game like Day Z, get Day Z standalone when it's released.

They're immature, deceitful developers.

Friendlyfyre said:
just gonna leave this here if it hasn't been posted yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXKu5lV69V8

As much as I agree that WarZ is a POS, I think Mr. Crunch himself isn't a very mature individual either. I mean seriously, making fart noises for a couple of minutes in a row?

Huh? Wasn't there strong indications that it was going to be **** from the get go?
See the video above for example. Most of that info was available from the beginning. Heck, the timing alone was iffy and I can't imagine that anyone ever believed their **** about "in devlopment for years".

It's fairly obvious they're ripping off Day Z. Hokay. I'm more interested in how well they're gonna do it, because my computer doesn't really run ArmA 2 well.

Totalbiscuit provided the answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

I have never seen TotalBiscut as biased as in that video. At one point he whines after running right next to a zombie and getting hit and then dying while being on low health. Afterwards it takes him two minutes to find the quit button. He keeps doing silly mistakes just to make the game look bad. He also rants on about the things that are bad without even talking about some of the good stuff.

Now, this game is actually decent. I have had a lot of fun and I have experienced some pretty intense moments in it. I don`t see a big problem with the game really, it is not a finished product, but according to the devs they are gonna fix bugs and add new features for at least half a year, if not more. Now this is where the problem with this game is. The devs... The devs are basically digging their own grave. They tell about wonderfull things, but these wonderfull things are always just put on hold. A lot of features were promised for the foundation release, which was on Monday, but only a few of them were actually delivered.

TL;DR TotalBiscut made a biased video. The game gets a lot of hate that is not deserved. The devs are dickheads.

Pfft, please. The simple fact that you have a 1 hour cooldown for respawning makes 0 sense and is just a major nuisance. Especially since you can just make another character and hop right in... Pretty much doesn't encourage any sort of character development. Noone wants to wait 1 hour to play their main. Not to mention buyable melee weapons are rather terrible, clearly.

Movespeed is ludicrous, too, and they certainly have to include swimming and remove half hp loss from falling 1 meter.

Yep, the game does have bugs, big suprise. It also lacks some features, but a lot of the hate the game gets is because of the shady ways of the developers and because of youtubers like Rhinocrunch and TotalBiscut. At this moment, if you try to look at the game from a neutral perspective then the game is not that bad. It needs improving, but it can still be a lot of fun. At least if you play with some friends.

When I bought the game, I had no idea about all the drama going on about it. When I heard about it I was quite stunned. I quickly saw how immature the devs were, but no matter how much I had read about how crappy the game I still knew that I had been enjoying the game quite a lot. I can understand that WarZ isn`t everyone`s cup of tea, but saying the game is crap because famous people says so and because the devs are dickheads is pretty naive.

Try the game out for yourself or watch a unbiased review before saying it sucks.

Wellenbrecher said:
Apsod said:
Now, this game is actually decent.
You can buy food and ammo for a survival game with real world money.
Case closed.
Food and water is never a problem anyways (I think food and water should be more rare and should also be taken out of the store, but atm people often don't even bother to pick up food and water, so if buying it wont help you out). You can run out of ammo pretty quick, especially for 9mm pistols since their mags are so small, but luckily 9mm mags are not available in the store. Also, the melee weapons that you can buy in the store is pretty crap. The spiked bat and metal bat are okay, but the real weapons such as hatchet and pickaxe are only lootable. Also, the hammer, which I find to be better than the spiked bat and metal bat is very commonly found.

I might sound like a fanboy, but keep in mind that I was playing this game without knowing about all the drama untill recently. I am just trying to tell you guys that the game ain`t that bad.

Amontadillo said:
Frankly, I don't give a **** if it can be improved. It's an alpha (at beast a beta) being sold as a full game with blatant false advertising on the steam page.

**** that attitude.
Like I said, the devs are digging their own grave with these rather retarded ways of dealing with the community. Anyways, the steam page got updated a few hours ago. It is also not being sold at the full price, at least not their planned full price. They have stated that the full price will be 30 US.

Back
Top Bottom