The Village RolePlay - NW heavy TownRP server. @The perfect mix of RP & [email protected]

Currently viewing this thread:

Cray-Z

Recruit
Best answers
Steam group
The Village RolePlay
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TV_NW_RolePlay​

Introduction

Greetings everyone, and welcome to The Village RolePlay's server forum thread. I'm glad that you reading this text and maybe already interested. Let me tell you a little about this server and convince you of its quality.

To begin with I will say that the server is planned to be hosted with WHITELIST, so, ideally, to play you have to apply for whitelist. Perhaps, if the players will not like the idea of a whitelist, or if it will affect the server's population (online), then the server will become public, but of course pre-announced to whitelist players will receive sort of reward (such as an unique role).

[*] The Village RolePlay is a heavy TownRP server on Napoleonic Wars module, which is not online yet, but will be soon.

Getting started | Rounds system

[*] Now, about the server's systems. The game is divided by rounds. Every round default time is 2 hours, but at the end of round there will be a poll announced, so players can continue the round for 30 minutes more. The poll will be hosted for 4 times every 30 minutes, so players can continue the round maximum for more 2 hours, and then it will end.

[*] At the round start every player either choosing a role for themself, or, if the role is unavailable OR they just don't know what role they want, a role will be given randomly.

[*] So, round started and you spawned with a job title. Now it is up to you, to play with that job, doing all sorts of tasks. Each job has endless replay value.
EACH round will have some sort of antagonist whose job it is to cause you problems. These antagonists usually have objectives which range from stealing a specific item to the assassination (Or even the blowing up something, but it’s only if admin is on). Different antagonist types have different ways of doing this. By antagonists we mean Maniacs, Gangsters, Mafia, Revolutionary, Hostile Mercenaries, Bandits, Traitors, etc.

Roles & Tasks

[*] Not every role has clearly defined tasks. For example, if you play as an engineer, you will be given a specific, active task, such as "Repair the ship", or "Craft the door" (wtf?)

[*]But, also, there is a passive task, like "Follow orders of the chief and watch the integrity of town. Repair the broken."
[*]When playing as doctor, you will be given a task of treating patients (since you are a doctor).
[*]When playing as a blacksmith, the example of the task will be "Craft a sword," or "Craft 2 knives."

[*]When you perform your active tasks (or no hehehehe), you can either go to PASSIVE tasks, or you can do something yourself (Rest, walk, Roleplay your job, get problems, etc.). The main thing is not to violate the rules of the server and create a nice RolePlay atmosphere.

Features

[*] Working Economy . Money will work with chat commands. Type /balance or /money to check your economy status. /mgive or something like that to give money (near staying players only, ofc)

[*] Local IC (*In Character) and OOC (* Out Of Character) chats. So, no more cancerous global chat roleplaying. You have local chat, so only nearby ears will hear you.

[*] Lot of commands and things for creating RolePlay atmosphere. /roll, /dice, /me commands. Burning system, poisons, food.

[*] Crafting. (??????????)

[*] I don't know what to tell more, there is so much unique things so I can't focus on the certain ones.

There is some examples from ruleset, if you like:
Antagonism as Non-Antagonist role

[*]Conflict is acceptable, even if you are not an antagonist, but it needs to be believable, and meet roleplay standards. The average Joe will not simply decide to blow up their workplace one day.

[*]Only escalate conflict in a realistic manner - some characters might overreact, but you would not realistically go berserk or attempt to kill someone if they stole your prized pen, for instance.

[*]Killing in self-defense is NOT preferred.

[*]Metagaming is not allowed (Always). Metagrudging is whenever your OOC opinions of a player or their character negatively affect your IC interactions with that character. (For example, you don’t like someone in real life, so that's why you go and kick him in game)

On being antagonist

[*]Being an antagonist does not exempt you from any server rules. Being an antagonist is meant to give you easier access to character motivation with which to generate roleplay, and access to certain tools to assist with that as well, and not killing everyone on street like [email protected]

[*]Only resort to killing if it makes sense or drives a story. Randomly killing someone because you’re a traitor will get you removed right quick. This also means that murder for the sake of murder is punishable.

[*]No ganking. While antags will sometimes kill, it is expected for you to provide interesting roleplay to your targets first, if your goal is assassination. This does not mean that you need to monologue your opponent before killing them, but try to make it interesting, epic and pretentious.

That's not all!

Of course, that text above is not EVERYTHING I want to tell you, it's only the main and general information. I'll post information regarding the server as often as possible, and will try to release at least beta version asap on the steam group.
The Village RolePlay
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TV_NW_RolePlay​

Erminas

Section Moderator
WBNW
Best answers
Cray-Z said:
Erminas said:
Moved your thread to NW section of forum. Best of luck :wink:
But why, I though guildhall is a place to advertise servers?
Guildhall is for Warband servers yes. This is clearly meant for Napoleonic Wars DLC, no?
So you are likely to find interested players here in NW section of forum.

Cray-Z

Recruit
Best answers
Erminas said:
Cray-Z said:
Erminas said:
Moved your thread to NW section of forum. Best of luck :wink:
But why, I though guildhall is a place to advertise servers?
Guildhall is for Warband servers yes. This is clearly meant for Napoleonic Wars DLC, no?
So you are likely to find interested players here in NW section of forum.
Well sure, thank you!