WB SP Totale The Veiled Stars Open Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

By way of thanks, The Veiled Stars: Men of the West Open Beta will be released on the 5th February 2014.

Let me make clear now that I set this not as a release date, but it allows me enough time to make the mod decently playable before I release the development build. The release of this open test version will allow me to gather a list of unfinished things, bugs, glitches, problems etc from the public.

Subsequently from the release, I will upload a new version of the mod every week until it is completed, whenever that may be.

Warning: The mod, in its state on the 5th February, is not a representation of how it will end up. You may be very disappointed. It is merely a very early development build. I intend to continue developing the mod alongside the help of its fans and supporters who have already helped so much through their kind donations.

List of major features which will be in the mod by the first development release:

1. Huge campaign map to play on, with properly named and placed settlements with custom map icons. Campaign map textures have been completely revamped.
2. Four factions: Gondor, Isengard, Mordor and Rohan.
3. Raider parties such as Haradrim, Goblins and Orc bands are available to be challenged in the early game. They are allied with evil factions.
4. Rangers patrol Middle Earth, allied with the good factions.
5. New races: Orcs, Uruk-Hai, Goblins.
6. A vast amount of weapons and armours to equip yourself.
7. Begin the game as a captain of the good factions. You can swear vassalage to either faction at the beginning of the game, or continue as a lone wolf, slaying the enemies of men wherever you go.
8. Completely new troop trees for all factions, including all troops with unique styles and equipments.
9. PLENTY of action. Seriously, the border between Gondor and Mordor on the Anduin is really fun to play - take it from me. Cair Andros is a slaughter ground.
10. New mercenaries.
11. New companions (though some of their dialogs might be Native)
12. New lords and their equipment.
13. Nazgul of Mordor are RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED MWAHAHA
14. New animations.
15. New ground textures.
16. Polished Landscapes (with LOD's, so not as much performance loss from this).
17. New UI

More will be added to this list as I think of them.

Here are a list of major features which are planned, but will not be added at the time of release:

1. Custom settlement scenes
2. Ents
3. Trolls
4. Many dialogues and conversations will be still Native
5. Some Native items may have escaped my culling.
6. NPC's still look, facially, like their Native counterparts.

More will be added to this list as I think of them.

Until the 5th February, my time will be spent building the new computer, and ensuring the mod is as enjoyable as I can.

I hope that despite the mod being released in an unfinished state for the time being, you still have fun with it and are able to continue supporting the development by feeding back directly to me!

NB: La sta caricando in questo momento! :mrgreen:

LINK: http://theveiledstars.thewolfstar.co.uk/index.php?topic=3793.0

...E' che nel tuo NB. avevo letto erroneamente:  "La sto scaricando in questo momento!"...

:roll:

EDIT:...postato or ora da Jarvisimo:...
Jarvisimo said:
Just got up this morning; mod's uploading as fast as my internet allows, which is painfully slowly, but steadily.

In the meantime I'm going to make the board for the beta on here and get the admin organised. Then I'll start working on a hotfix to be released tomorrow for some of the worst, most glaring bugs/unfinished stuff.

ciauz^^,
Jab

whirring said:
E' uscita!

http://theveiledstars.thewolfstar.co.uk/index.php?topic=3975.0

E' una pre pre alpha, bisogna aspettare molto prima di avere un prodotto "giocabile".

Una cosa che non ho apprezzato è il look dei soldati di mordor, sembrano degli alieni  :lol:
...Perche' dici che non e' giocabile...?
...quali bugs la affliggono..??

ciauz^^,
Jab

JabdiMelborn said:
whirring said:
E' uscita!

http://theveiledstars.thewolfstar.co.uk/index.php?topic=3975.0

E' una pre pre alpha, bisogna aspettare molto prima di avere un prodotto "giocabile".

Una cosa che non ho apprezzato è il look dei soldati di mordor, sembrano degli alieni  :lol:
...Perche' dici che non e' giocabile...?
...quali bugs la affliggono..??

ciauz^^,
Jab

Non è giocabile perchè manca tutto, le città sono quelle native, i nemici sono pochi e la loro qualità non si avvicina minimamente al lavoro che hanno fatto con l'altra mod su lotr (non so chi l'abbia fatta, ma i modelli di Full Invasion sono fantastici). Il gioco può crashare, soprattutto durante le battaglie, nella mappa tattica puoi bloccarti ai margini del fiume, con conseguente game over,armature invisibili ecc

Back
Top Bottom