The unit grouping is not very nice, bring back the old roman numeral system :(

Users who are viewing this thread

the battle order system was supposed to be like the pre siege set up. just placing troops where you want them. maybe split formations on the fly post party screen. but it was never supposed to replace the whole set up.
That's what happens when TW "game designers" don't actually play the game or look at how people play the game.
I think it is very plausible that the team working on the game is quite fatigued about the game itself and barely play it "for fun".
The "for fun" part is important, because it is where you find out which gameplay elements are working as intended or not.

Instead we have this "vision" from TW that does not align at all with the vision from the people that play this game most.

This is not a uncommon problem. CK3 forums are currently flooded with similar sentiments, with how that game has turned into a meme generator rather than the grand strategy game it was meant to be.
The main difference is the PDS is infinitely better at communicating with its player base than TW is.

Guys, I don't think I've completely got my head around what their intent with this change was but after using it a little more as part of an Army (consisting of multiple parties) I think I can kind of see the logic behind what they're trying to do. I might be wrong but it does appear to make mass assignment of non-personal parties easier to manage. It kind of works better and makes more sense when you have multiple parties in an army.

The problem is that with this new approach they have also removed our ability to easily control (precisely) which of our units get assigned and where.

I really don't want to tell TW that this change is TOTALLY bad because, after playing with it a little more in the context of a very large multi-party army, I can see that there's some value in organizing massive amounts of troops using the new method.

I think they understand what we basically all want here (fine control when we need it). They just need to rethink things a little, and definitely bring back the absolute assignment we had previousely...so that we have fine control over our smaller more personal party comps. As I said, after playing with it a little more, I now think they just need to strike the right balance between what we have now and what we had before and I think the new stuff could work well.

I would be embarrassed to be a manager at Taleworlds. This stuff that we are requesting is amateur. It is obvious.

Someone said "take groups out of the game" and some manager said "yeah, that's a great idea". So stupid.

I cant understand why they want me to mix units! Its mandatory now! If i want to have a group made up of spears only i cant because the option will put in some shielded units in that group by default!! I mean who is coming up with these features? How is this a better experience for the player?

I dont know if this is happening to anybody else but when defending in a siege, i divide units into separate range and melee groups so that i can cover all the different spots around the castle/town, give them their own commander and as soon as i start all of these groups merge into one huge melee group and one huge ranged group.. WTF!

Back
Top Bottom