The unit grouping is not very nice, bring back the old roman numeral system :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Bishiba

Recruit
Hello!

I love this game, with some 500 hours in warband and some close to 200 hours in Bannerlord, I am a true fan. And I am not looking to flame... But I truly wish that you could group units the way you want. At least this should be an option.

For example, I have a quest which is to train "borrowed units". And so I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to put them in a separate group.
And I stumbled upon this tutorial for how to do it, spent a bit of time(~10 minutes) trying to get those numerals to be visible. Sadly I did figure out that now you have to do it with sliders and the grouping in the actual battle scene.

I just ask, from the bottom of my heart, to give freedom to us players to play it in the way we want.
Naturally, some will enjoy this new system, so I ask, only, for the option to use the other system :smile:

Best regards,
Bishiba

i feel nowadays "Game Developers" want players to watch the game that's being played by the AI rather than play the game themselves. here's let's make all the decisions done by ai so you can just sit back and relax enjoy the show. lol

This game already has a ludicrous number of options. There's this problem in software development, called "Feature creep," where you keep adding another feature and another and then it becomes too much to maintain and manage for development. While options are good, there is such a thing as too many, where it is likely to create more bugs and more problems for development.

All of the units for the unit training quest should be the same kind, so this is only really an issue at all if you already have troops of that kind. Really the priority right now should be bug squashing.

The comments here make this out to be some kind of huge issue. But it's a mountain being made out of a molehill.

yes, preaching to the choir , we all know how bad it is but have developers actually played BL and used this option ?

(1) Obviously NO system testing is happening
(2) I Doubt any unit testing has happened on this feature.

Maybe they expect us to do all the above.

1.7.2. will tell us if we are dealing with Putins. ....Ooooooops.

If it were not for mods made for the 1.7.0 + versions, I would be back to 1.6.4 as soon as I could press the download button. The new system ist simply crap. The meagre advantages it offers could have been achieved very easily with some small additions to the old system (group building on the battlefield for example was also possible with the old system), without removing it's advantages.

I ignore the new system and suffer the consequences, less tactical and immersion possibilities.

This game already has a ludicrous number of options. There's this problem in software development, called "Feature creep," where you keep adding another feature and another and then it becomes too much to maintain and manage for development. While options are good, there is such a thing as too many, where it is likely to create more bugs and more problems for development.

All of the units for the unit training quest should be the same kind, so this is only really an issue at all if you already have troops of that kind. Really the priority right now should be bug squashing.

The comments here make this out to be some kind of huge issue. But it's a mountain being made out of a molehill.

Good point. People think 'the more Options the Better!' But thats not always the case. Imagine if I created the game of Chess and made the options of Flying Kings, Invincible Pawns, horses that lay Mines of Manure that can move anywhere at anytime etc... you no longer have a fun, calibrated game but a mess. It also gives the Developers an out -"hey we just giving yall the toys, make your own balanced scenarios..."

I ignore the new system and suffer the consequences, less tactical and immersion possibilities.
because of the new system i have gone back to the HORSE ARCHER ONLY ARMY because i can't bother dealing with the stupid formations changing without my command. i used to run 8 distinct formations every field battle with actual tactics and role for each. now i simply cannot even assign the right troops to the formation i want.

Good point. People think 'the more Options the Better!' But thats not always the case. Imagine if I created the game of Chess and made the options of Flying Kings, Invincible Pawns, horses that lay Mines of Manure that can move anywhere at anytime etc... you no longer have a fun, calibrated game but a mess. It also gives the Developers an out -"hey we just giving yall the toys, make your own balanced scenarios..."
+1

i made a pause before 1.7 than i came back as soon as i recognized old party assigment system gone i literally quit the game. i know some guys did the same thing.

This game already has a ludicrous number of options. There's this problem in software development, called "Feature creep,"
I don't think the problem is that there are too many features, I think it's that a lot of them are really clunky, inefficient, or missing.

Take smithing as an example - the game saves some of the weapons that we've previously crafted in a somewhat random, clunky fashion. That's not terrible, but replacing it with a player controlled recipe book would be far better. That's a 1-1 feature trade.

A messenger service that allowed us to summon vassals and communicate with lords without actually searching them out personally would be a massive improvement, so there's an added feature that we really need.

Regarding the topic at hand, the problem setting groups is that it's clunky and buggy and low on precision. It doesn't need a hundred new features, it needs an overhaul. The features that it already has need to be implemented better and a few features that we lost need to be restored.

The old system of assigning particular soldiers to groups was VERY flexible !! I suspect this was a WB quality feature ...It was replaced by a modern hard-coded slider console piece of junk.. just like the modern world, everything is made in China and it's CHEAP JUNK ! Globalisation has a lot to answer for.

I really like the new order of battle system IN ADDITION TO what we had before.

I still want the freedom to create a bodyguard formation, or to isolate specific units. For example, I like playing with crossbow units, they are not as good at range as archers but are far more versatile since they have shields and can soak damage as a "secondary" infantry line.

I can't do this now since crossbow and archers are all mixed in no matter what I do.

I haven't played Bannerlord for quite a few months and I'm pleased to say that, overall, the game has really improved and I'm enjoying my playthrough. But, PLEASE Taleworlds, bring back the old system of out-of-combat assignment of units to groups! Trying to get specific units into the groups by "suggesting" to AI and the sliders is NOT WORKING. It's horrible.

As OP said, we need/want EXACT ways to decide which units belong in which troop groups. Basically, I'd like some variation of the old, out of combat method. I really have no idea why they made this change but it's my biggest dislike on returning and makes troop management horrible and frustrating.

But, as I said, apart from this I'm really happy with how the game appears to be developing. Just bring back manual player controlled troop assignment and FAST, please.

UI/UX changes arent really feature creep. If people are having to find workarounds to get what they want out of a system, then the UI has failed to work as intended.

the battle order system was supposed to be like the pre siege set up. just placing troops where you want them. maybe split formations on the fly post party screen. but it was never supposed to replace the whole set up.

Back
Top Bottom