SP - General The Ultimate Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I am truly amazed because i agree with literally everything recommended here.

From my side big thank you as it is truly constructive, well thought and expressed.

Maybe some world events then? Like a random invasions or non playable factions, famine, plots etc

Good post overall!
The Faction dilemma

Where to start with all the possibilities in Bannerlord? This is truly an epic game so I will start with the factions. The factions are nice but I believe you should break up the factions first and foremost. What I mean by that is not every culture should be a single faction. The way the Empire currently is fine, but factions like the Battanians should mostly be smaller separate clans with the main Battanian faction having a few clans sworn to them because that is the High Kings faction. Now this would be a little different for each faction for example the Vladians could have a couple of independent Duchies (duke as a leader) that are not part of their Kingdom and so on and so forth.
I have to say, it won't work. Not with the current map, it's just way too small, even the smallest of villages are continents apart, there are on average a pathetic number of 5 "towns" for each faction. For me, even the existing factions feel too small but otherwise I agree. They just need to make the map feel a little bigger, like a continent as it is claimed to be maybe?

Diplomacy

Diplomacy is pretty important to portraying and presenting a believable experience. War should not be taken lightly and major wars should have some escalating events that take place that maybe could give the player the option to push for war or deescalate the situation. These events would grant possible Casus belli which would give your faction the right to wage war without consequence. To go to war for no reason would cause a major hit to diplomacy with the possibility of factions forming a coalition against your faction. The current all war system that appears to have to rhyme or reason and feels pretty gamey. It needs some dress to make things a little more interesting.
Advanced diplomacy, basically. Your suggestions are pretty vague so I suggest you link to a thread specifically discussing this issue, plenty of them around.

Faction Structure and Titles/Peerage

Faction structure needs serious work and titles should be a HUGE part of Bannerlord. Titles could even be tied to your clan rank. For example for the Vlandians you could have something like this:

Clan Tier 0 Squire
Clan Tier 1-2 Knight (Knighted when you join the faction with maybe a small ceremony of being knighted)
Clan Tier 3-4 Barron
Clan Tier 5-6 Duke

*Robber Knight and Robber Barron could be used for independent land grabs if your tier does not allow you to be a Kingdom. The faction leader would get the title of King regardless of clan rank. Also titles would vary for each culture for example the Battanian king would have the title of “High King”.
That doesn't really make sense in a SP context. If I start a playthrough as a brigand, why would I be named a squire?
Plus not all lords were knighted, maybe you could ask your lord to knight you (i know..), serve under him for a while, gain his trust, become his advisor, be appointed for governor and keep rising to higher power from there.

As MP titles though, sure, depending on your achievements or amounts of victory with a certain faction you could earn their specific titles, that would be neat.

Secret societies and mercenaries

Mercenaries should function more like the companions in Skyrim where they have a base in a town and you can join them and be part of their faction and recruit troops from their troop tree. Maybe even becoming a free lancer in one of their armies. It would be cool to have more options with Secret societies like being an assassin and doing contract kills for them and eventually lead up to bigger jobs.
I don't agree. Why would a mercenary company set up a base in a city? Unless it's a free city state which we don't have in Bannerlord, it doesn't make sense or add much for them to settle in cities. A much more authentic approach would be for them to have a place of gathering when they're not on march in settlements. These could be mercenary taverns, barracks or training grounds, camps, permanent / temporary outposts / fortresses etc. But you should also be allowed to move into their camp or approach their army on march and request to join, still not the most realistic way to do it but what the hell.

I agree with freelancery though, in fact I made a suggestion post on how it could be implemented in a bit more detail(https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-common-soldier-in-an-army-suggestion.420293/)

Also agree with more options for a rogue-ish and unsavory playstyle.

Scrap defecting Lords to other cultures

This is one of the worst features in the series and should be scrapped for the most part as it ruins late game immersion when your see factions full of defeated lords from other cultures. If a faction needs a new lord for conquered lands then they should simple recruit from within the faction and have some randomly generated noble of the same culture raise a banner. Defecting lords should be very rare from other cultures and only if they have a certain trait. The current system ruins late game and destroys faction hegemony.
Not in favour of scrapping the idea but it truly is unrealistic and bothersome when a single lord can lose a faction great deal of their strength, no one lord would usually have that much influence and that's why it's so frustrating.

Player Homes (Not castles or Towns)

Player should have the option to buy a house in a settlement where they can store things, as a merchant character you probably won’t be taking a castle any time soon so player homes should be an option. With maybe a average house and a mansion option for rich merchant type characters. What these homes could use to make them interesting and to add to immersion.

Chest – make an interactive chest that the player can interact with from in the house
Bed – Be able to lay down on bed to pass time and heal
Servants – These could be part of the mansion
Book case – These are where the books would be stored
Weapon rack – A place to display a few weapons

Not everybody wants to own land and these would fill that role for traders and rogue type characters.
Big yes. They don't have to be expensive either, maybe even just some hut in some backwater village with only a chest and a bed. You could work your way up from that to mansions, would greatly contribute to the sense of progression which is severely lacking right now.

And please add readable books! Each page read would increase skill by 1 or whatever but imagine if you could pick up a book in one of those beatiful isolated rooms in castles, sit on a chair and ACTUALLY READ A HISTORICAL BOOK WITH MURAL DRAWINGS. I'd happily take some time off from running around the continent and just read. Would as you said lso greatly contribute to the sense of immersion which is also severely lacking.
Castle Storage

A place to store things is a must, I can’t tell you how many horses I have lost from being caught after a battle but it is probably 500-700 so far. You should be able to store horses in your stables because you don’t want to go to war with 80 horses as a baggage train. Also castles have no stash either which sucks because once again stuff in your inventory gets lost if you lose a battle, it would be nice to be able to store them somewhere safe. Maybe it is just a missing feature but it would be nice to be able interact with the chest that is in your bedroom.

Ai Battle Tactics

Currently they pretty much suicide charge, I would take a page out of the historical writing of De re military for inspiration on how armies fight. The attacks should always start off with the skirmishers/archers engaging, and then followed with infantry with the cavalry held in reserve to be use as flankers or to take out the other factions’ cavalry.
Completely agree with both of these suggestions.
Ai Companions

I would be nice if at least Ai faction leaders had a few companions in their ranks, or at least a champion/hero in their army to flesh out Ai parties a bit more. It feels weird that only the player can get companions and gives the player an advantage.
At the very least they should have: Advisors, generals (to run around, patrol, collect taxes and enforce law and order for them while they feast in their castles- as lords do), commanders / sergeants (should be the two fellas standing behind him in the dialogue screen). This also opens up more options for the player as he can now replace those advisors and generals, become one of them for example.

Perks

From what I understand perks is something that is being done, I looking forward to see what you guys do but it would be nice to see some perks in the leaderships or tactics line the improves your troops fighting in formation . Viking conquest have some pretty cool traits that you could unlock at level 13 like berserker, warcry, and tough. Here are some perks I would like to see added:

Rally – Be able to rally routing troops if you are close to them (leadership)
Infantry Commander – Infantry fighting in formation are 10% more effective in melee (tactics)
Sweeping Attack – Can hit multiple targets with two handed weapons (two handed)
Riposte – get an attack speed bonus after success blocking an attack with a one handed sword (one hand no shield)
Agreed, and many more of course. There is a lot of potential for perks and I hope the devs realize that.
Culture traits

While they seem nice they could use a little spice, the Battanian one seems pretty useless maybe it could be a bonus to combat in the woods instead or both movement and combat bonus in the woods.
Cultural bonuses should give at least 5 imo, one or two bonuses are pretty much insignificant in the bigger picture, as with most things here too can they take inspiration from Total War.

Trainers (for the player)

Skill trainers are a must in this game and would add to the immersion of the system. It would be cool if you could find a few masters around the map that can train with to boost up you skills. Skyrim had this this feature and it fits well with how skills upgrade.

Legendary Smiths

It could be nice if you could commission weapons from these artisans for a large amount of coin.

Famous weapons and armor

Bannerlord needs some weapons of legend like Excalibur or Gungnir that are shrouded in Calradian lore.
Yep, agree with the first two but the hell is the last one about. I agree the Lore could be expanded upon but not in the form of an Excalibur, please no.

Skill Books

I haven’t seen any yet, but they were a cool feature I hope they make a return. These are novelty pieces I like to collect for my wealthy characters.
yeees, and as I've said make them readable dammit, at least some of them, I geniunely want to feel like my character is learning the art of medicine or fencing or horsemanship or the politics of Calradia. Immersion!
Roads

The campaign map is beautiful and roads to would be a nice addition for AT LEAST the Empire factions.
Ah yes. To hell with barbarians who don't even have roads! Anyways I guess you're taking inspiration from Rome's advanced infraustructure which, sure, could give their roads a bonus but I don't see the slightest reason why an other faction wouldn't have them, except maybe in areas where heavy snow or sandstorms are common.

Looters/Bandits

There are too many of them and there needs to be a better way to implement them and control them. For example a group of bandits should be connected to a hideout (even looters), if the hideout gets destroyed then they stop respawning for a while. Hiring militia patrols should be an option to make the roads safer in your area. Looter should be tied to certain conditions like food shortage and low security. So once you resolve those issues they become less of a problem.

War horns and banners

Banners and war horns add a lot of immersion to the battle, it would be cool if one of the troops in your cavalry, infantry, or archer groups blew a war horn when you give them an order. It would also be nice if it applied to the Ai as well. As for banners they are not in the game without mods but it would be nice to see them back in as they look pretty cool.
Yes and yes.

Tournaments

Tournaments have always been a pretty popular feature in the series, but I think these three areas need to be addressed:

Prizes – Maybe some better gear can be offered once in a while depending on the prosperity of the town or something. Seems like I’m mostly getting the same mediocre mid-level prizes, also the cash prize diminishes as the game progresses.

Tournament Champions – There should be a few legendary champions that show up from time to time that are really good and who you truly compete with for the number 1 rank.

Ranking system – It would be nice to show how many opponents you have beat as well and maybe the total amount of tournament you have competed in as well.
And higher level tournaments where only renowned fighters and nobles can take part.

Training troops

It would be nice if training troops was expanded a bit so that there are a few companions that you can recruit to help speed up the process the character Lezalit from Warband. One could be a veteran officer from the Empire, one could be a Vlandian mercenary captain, and maybe one could be a slave master that trained mamelukes. These would be some of the best companions in the game and would help the player get more T3+ troops. Also it would be nice to train them like you could in Warband to speed up the process to T2 units.
And more ways to train your troops other than chasing looters and completely passive ones, active drills maybe, taking part or at least supervising your training units yourself? Spending time in training grounds etc.

+1 for an actual thread with "constructive" criticism. I wish more would do this instead of rage post/demand a complete game.

I agree with much of your suggestions and have a feeling a few of them are actually already in game and are just locked...especially the skill book suggestion.

Zydrate said:
Good post overall!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and being a gentleman!

Zydrate said:
I have to say, it won't work. Not with the current map, it's just way too small, even the smallest of villages are continents apart, there are on average a pathetic number of 5 "towns" for each faction. For me, even the existing factions feel too small but otherwise I agree. They just need to make the map feel a little bigger, like a continent as it is claimed to be maybe?

I understand your concerns but there have been mods and official content that have pulled this off well like 1257AD and of course Viking Conquest! This would work if diplomacy was tuned for it, for example factions would focus on internal politics at first to resolve clan disputes and attempt to unite the culture before more ambition wars of conquest. This would provide so many awesome opportunities for the player like being able to capture and recruit troops from internal clans wars and be able to get culture related loot.

Zydrate said:
Advanced diplomacy, basically. Your suggestions are pretty vague so I suggest you link to a thread specifically discussing this issue, plenty of them around.

What I meant and I will add to diplomacy is clans should have a Diplomatic Attitude, for example the Battanians could have an isolationist attitude with occasional raids but mostly focused on internal politics and clan rivalries/disputes kind of like the story of Ireland when they were in between High Kings.

Zydrate said:
That doesn't really make sense in a SP context. If I start a playthrough as a brigand, why would I be named a squire?
Plus not all lords were knighted, maybe you could ask your lord to knight you (i know..), serve under him for a while, gain his trust, become his advisor, be appointed for governor and keep rising to higher power from there.

I just used that as an example but a peerage system could work and have worked in mods, it is just a matter of working out the details. The peerage system would really only matter/be in effect if you belonged to a faction.

Zydrate said:
I don't agree. Why would a mercenary company set up a base in a city? Unless it's a free city state which we don't have in Bannerlord, it doesn't make sense or add much for them to settle in cities. A much more authentic approach would be for them to have a place of gathering when they're not on march in settlements. These could be mercenary taverns, barracks or training grounds, camps, permanent / temporary outposts / fortresses etc. But you should also be allowed to move into their camp or approach their army on march and request to join, still not the most realistic way to do it but what the hell.

I agree with freelancery though, in fact I made a suggestion post on how it could be implemented in a bit more detail(https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-common-soldier-in-an-army-suggestion.420293/).

I agree, when I posted that I was thinking about the Companions in Skyrim and Jomsburg. I think we are on the same page a place, but basically a place where you can find them and interact with them. For example the Skolderbrotva in Bannerlord are basically the Jomsvikings and I would love to be able to join them as a mercenary maybe fight as a freelancer in one of their armies but eventually raise up in the mercenary ranks and lead my own band of Skolderbrotva and eventually even the leader of their group.

Zydrate said:
Not in favour of scrapping the idea but it truly is unrealistic and bothersome when a single lord can lose a faction great deal of their strength, no one lord would usually have that much influence and that's why it's so frustrating.

I wouldn't scrap it all the way but the way it is now is broken and ruins the game in the end for me at least. Lords of honor should fight to the death and stay loyal to their faction until it is destroyed. I'm ok with a few dishonorable pond scum lords jumping around but the dog pilling of lords moving around is unrealistic. Basically a faction will never really be overextended if defeated lords flock to them which tips the scale in their favor even more which as we all know is part of the whole snowballing effect.

Thanks again for the reply you brought up some valid points!

Ooh I've never thought of having a home in M&B games, but it would totally make sense! One huge gaping hole that I felt in warband was how we never see the characters going about their lives. Towns are dead, and we only get to see our troops in battles. We need to be able to set camp in fields/settlement exteriors to have a place where we can walk around, see the troops you lead, train skills with them, boost morale, and COMMUNICATE.

Combat-wise... I can't really feel it much different from something like Skyrim.
You can have a tiny sword swung very fast by a skinny man, and a bastard sword swung two handed by a beast of a guy. But guess what? An everyday bandit will block both of them all the same, no sweat.
When you have a quick weapon, you should be able to overwhelm slow enemies or less skilled ones by attacking open areas. Got a huge weapon? They should cause a stagger with the amount varying according to the weight of the weapon, length, stats of the striker and the defender.

I love this series of games and don't regret supporting the devs one bit. But if these things aren't improved upon, I would have a hard time really enjoying this game since it really isn't much more than a graphics patched and modded warband(altho gameplay is currently lacking/with unimplemented features).

Yeah a non-settlement style player house would be pretty sweet, Viking Conquest had a pretty cool option with the hideout you could build and upgrade. I would return to it to drop off loot and pick up my hunting gear to go hunt for boar once in a while.

A player house that you could buy in a town like what you could do in Skyrim would be really nice, there needs to be a place to store wealth so you don't have to carry it all around. Damn forest bandits are the babe to my merchant character and have gotten some massive tolls from me because I carrying 100k on my 30 man caravan party.

I can definitely see the influence of your Skyrim game time in some of those suggestions (player homes, bookshelves. Hell I spent way more that I should have sorting out books in Skyrim myself :smile:). I am not entirely sure that things like that would fit the general spirit of Mount and Blade (but then they added board games so... who knows). I really like the faction infighting idea.

Ai Battle Tactics

Currently they pretty much suicide charge, I would take a page out of the historical writing of De re military for inspiration on how armies fight. The attacks should always start off with the skirmishers/archers engaging, and then followed with infantry with the cavalry held in reserve to be use as flankers or to take out the other factions’ cavalry.

Spear Formations

A phalanx/spear wall formation should be added that allows multiple ranks of spears to fight! At least 2 would be a good start where the second rank uses the overhand attack to attack over the first rank.

Infantry Collision

Melees currently are a spastic blob of instant death, it looks like a combination of troops moving too fast and lack of collision. I would look at Wolin Festival Viking battles for inspiration on shieldwall clashes and improve formation vs formation battles to where melee stalemates can occur creating a no man’s land between formations making flanking a more viable tactic.

Ai Companions

It would be nice if at least Ai faction leaders had a few companions in their armies, or at least a champion/hero in their army to flesh out Ai parties a bit more. It feels weird that only the player can get companions and gives the player an advantage. It would be awesome to be able to slay the enemies king's champion in battle!

Morale

When a Lord or King goes down in battle it would be nice it had an impact and some kind of notification system like a sound and a message who went down. Even a little bit of a morale loss would be nice if it isn't already there.

War Horns And Banners

Banners and war horns add a lot of immersion to the battle, it would be cool if one of the troops in your cavalry, infantry, or archer groups blew a war horn or cultural appropriate instrument when you give them an order. It would also be nice if it applied to the Ai as well. As for banners they are not in the game without mods but it would be nice to see them back in as they look pretty amazing. The trappings of war such as banners, horns, and drums are great for immersion and are awesome to see in battle in single and multiplayer.

Nice ideas, I agree with most of them, but especially the parts related to the battlefield. It would be amazing if skirmishers went out and fought ahead of the armies before the main battle lines joined. It would be incredible if the front ranks of opposing shield walls would lock up with each other while the second ranks stabbed over them. Each side's cavalry prevents the other from attacking their exposed flanks. Its a grinding fight between two great machines, when suddenly a hole opens up and one side pours through, dividing the other side into pieces that cannot hold. The cavalry charges as their line breaks...

Adding king's champions is a great idea. It would be awesome to see the king fighting, surrounded by his royal guard, giving a morale boost to his soldiers as they try to break through. You could even challenge the champion to a duel before the battle begins.

I wanted to wait until I had about 200 hours in the game before posting this, but I have been taking notes and consider myself an avid gamer. Between Warband and Skyrim I clocked in over 5800 hours and have experienced about every major Warband mod. I am also an experienced modder with projects that spans almost 20 years and have been invited to studios like the Creative Assemble that does the Total War Series. I have a lot of experience and believe Bannerlord is THE game, but I feel it is missing the mark even for EA. I have BETA tested 7-10 major projects and I feel I may have something to contribute. While I recognize and appreciate the love and passion the devs have it is easy to get overwhelmed in an extensive and complex project like Bannerlord. That said with the greatest respect to the devs here are some suggestions and feedback for Bannerlord.

The Faction Dilemma

Where to start with all the possibilities in Bannerlord? This is truly an epic game so I will start with the factions. The factions are nice but I believe you should break up the factions first and foremost. What I mean by that is not every culture should be a single faction. The way the Empire currently is fine, but factions like the Battanians should mostly be smaller separate clans with the main Battanian faction having a few clans sworn to them because that is the High Kings faction. Now this would be a little different for each faction for example the Vladians could have a couple of independent Duchies (duke as a leader) that are not part of their Kingdom and so on and so forth.

Why this would make superior game play?

This could provide a much more diverse experience within a faction that would allow the player to experience low level conflicts while the King’s faction struggles to unite the clans or even form alliances with them. The current system while it was cool in Warband has ran its course and needs to evolve to where every culture is not a united faction. The good news is with the clans you already have a system in place which make this a viable option and would transform the continental massive wars to low level conflicts in the early stages of the game. This would be the single biggest improvement to Banner lord and buy the player some time to develop before the major culture vs culture wars kick off.

Diplomacy

Diplomacy is pretty important to portraying and presenting a believable experience. War should not be taken lightly and major wars should have some escalating events that take place that maybe could give the player the option to push for war or deescalate the situation. These events would grant possible Casus belli which would give your faction the right to wage war without consequence. To go to war for no reason would cause a major hit to diplomacy with the possibility of factions forming a coalition against your faction. The current all out war system that appears to have no rhyme or reason feels pretty gamey. It needs some dressing up to make things a little more interesting and believable.

Each faction could have a diplomatic attitude and ambition which would determine how they act on the campaign map. For example the Battanians would have the attitude of isolationist and their ambition would be to raid rather then expand. Each faction could have an attitude on how they act and ambition as far as what they want to accomplish. The way it could play out is the Empires would continue the civil war and the other faction would attempt to unite the clans. As the dominate factions rise from the chaos you would then start to see the clash of cultures but this would be mid game rather then the opening stages giving the player a chance to get establish.

Faction Structure And Titles/Peerage

Faction structure needs serious work and titles should be a HUGE part of Bannerlord. Titles could even be tied to your clan rank. For example for the Vlandians you could have something like this:

Clan Tier 0 Squire
Clan Tier 1-2 Knight (Knighted when you join the faction with maybe a small ceremony of being knighted)
Clan Tier 3-4 Barron
Clan Tier 5-6 Duke

*Robber Knight and Robber Barron could be used for independent land grabs if your tier does not allow you to be a Kingdom. The faction leader would get the title of King regardless of clan rank. Also titles would vary for each culture for example the Battanian king would have the title of “High King”.

Secret Societies And Mercenaries

Mercenaries should function more like the companions in Skyrim where they have a base in a town and you can join them and be part of their faction and recruit troops from their troop tree. Maybe even becoming a free lancer in one of their armies. It would be cool to have more options with Secret societies like being an assassin and doing contract kills for them and eventually lead up to bigger jobs.

Scrap Defecting Lords To Other Cultures

This is one of the worst features in the series and should be scrapped for the most part as it ruins late game immersion when your see factions full of defeated lords from other cultures. If a faction needs a new lord for conquered lands then they should simple recruit from within the faction and have some randomly generated noble of the same culture raise a banner. Defecting lords should be very rare from other cultures and only if they have a certain trait. The current system ruins late game and totally destroys faction hegemony.

Economy

While there is some really cool progress that has been made, there is not a kitchen sink to throw all that wealth at once you buy up the best weapons, armor, and enterprises. There needs to be a way to buy influence with money and to be able to leverage wealth. Some other options could include a banking system that allows you to place money in a guild and earn interest kind of like the Iron Bank in Game of Thrones.

Trading is way too easy and you should have to join a guild to obtain a trading charter or you will be subject to tolls. However there could be a black market if you are in with the right people and there is already a pretty cool quest that is in the game that could tie into the rogue aspect. Maybe some of the Looter hideouts could act as a black market.

Player Homes (Not Castles Or Towns)

Players should have the option to buy a house in a settlement where they can store things, as a merchant character you probably won’t be taking a castle any time soon so player homes should be an option. With maybe an average house and a mansion option for rich merchant type characters. What these homes could use to make them interesting and to add to immersion:

Chest – make an interactive chest that the player can interact with from in the house
Bed – Be able to lay down on bed to pass time and heal
Servants – These could be part of the mansion
Book Case – These are where the books would be stored
Weapon Rack – A place to display a few weapons

Not everybody wants to own land and these would fill that role for traders and rogue type characters.

Castle Storage

A place to store things is a must, I can’t tell you how many horses I have lost from being caught after a battle but it is probably 500-700 so far. You should be able to store horses in your stables because you don’t want to go to war with 80 horses as a baggage train. Also castles have no stash either which sucks because once again stuff in your inventory gets lost if you lose a battle, it would be nice to be able to store them somewhere safe. Maybe it is just a missing feature but it would be nice to be able interact with the chest that is in your bedroom.

Ai Battle Tactics

Infantry Formations Marching

First thing I would like to see is when infantry is in formations like shieldwall they march like they do in siege battles which looks amazing. Infantry formations need some work and need to stop cavalry a little better.

Spear Formations

A phalanx/spear wall formation should be added that allows multiple ranks of spears to fight! At least 2 would be a good start where the second rank uses the overhand attack to attack over the first rank.

Infantry Collision

Melees currently are a spastic blob of instant death, it looks like a combination of troops moving too fast and lack of collision. I would look at Wolin Festival Viking battles for inspiration on shieldwall clashes and improve formation vs formation battles to where melee stalemates can occur creating a no man’s land between formations making flanking a more viable tactic.

Ai Companions

It would be nice if at least Ai faction leaders had a few companions in their armies, or at least a champion/hero in their army to flesh out Ai parties a bit more. It feels weird that only the player can get companions and gives the player an advantage. It would be awesome to be able to slay the enemies king's champion in battle!

Morale

When a Lord or King goes down in battle it would be nice it had an impact and some kind of notification system like a sound and a message who went down. Even a little bit of a morale loss would be nice if it isn't already there.

Perks

From what I understand perks is a massive work in progress, I looking forward to seeing what you guys do but it would be nice to see some perks in the leaderships or tactics line the improves your troops fighting in formation. Viking conquest have some pretty cool traits that you could unlock at level 13 like berserker, warcry, and tough. Here are some perks I would like to see added:

Rally – Be able to rally routing troops if you are close to them (leadership)
Infantry Commander – Infantry fighting in formation are 10% more effective in melee (tactics)
Sweeping Attack – Can hit multiple targets with two handed weapons (two handed)
Riposte – get an attack speed bonus after success blocking an attack with a one handed sword (one hand no shield)

Culture Traits

While they seem nice they could use a little spice, the Battanian one seems pretty useless maybe it could be a bonus to combat in the woods instead or both movement and combat bonus in the woods.

Trainers (For The Player)

Skill trainers are a must in this game and would add to the immersion of the system. It would be cool if you could find a few masters around the map that you can train with to boost up you skills. Skyrim had this feature and it fits well with how skills upgrade in Bannerlord.

Legendary Smiths

It would be nice if you could commission weapons from these artisans for a large amount of coin kind of like you could in With Fire and Sword.

Famous Weapons And Armor

Bannerlord needs some weapons of legend like Excalibur or Gungnir that are shrouded in Calradian lore and ledged. These would be treasures that could be linked to mini treasure hunt quest to obtain them. They should also be some of the best weapons in the game.

Skill Books

I haven’t seen any yet, but they were a cool feature in Warband and I hope they make a return. These are novelty pieces I liked to collect for my wealthy characters.

Roads

The campaign map is beautiful and roads to would be a nice addition for at least the Empire factions. Your could do paved gravel roads for the Empire kind of like the Roman highways and other factions it could be traveled dirt paths.

Looters/Bandits

There are too many of them and there needs to be a better way to implement them and control them. For example a group of bandits should be connected to a hideout (even looters), if the hideout gets destroyed then they stop respawning for a while. Hiring militia patrols should be an option to make the roads safer in your area. Looter should be tied to certain conditions like food shortage and low security. So once you resolve those issues they become less of a problem.

War Horns And Banners

Banners and war horns add a lot of immersion to the battle, it would be cool if one of the troops in your cavalry, infantry, or archer groups blew a war horn or cultural appropriate instrument when you give them an order. It would also be nice if it applied to the Ai as well. As for banners they are not in the game without mods but it would be nice to see them back in as they look pretty amazing. The trappings of war such as banners, horns, and drums are great for immersion and are awesome to see in battle in single and multiplayer.

Tournaments

Tournaments have always been a pretty popular feature in the series, but I think these three areas need to be addressed:

Prizes – Maybe some better gear can be offered once in a while depending on the prosperity of the town or something. Seems like I’m mostly getting the same mediocre mid-level prizes, also the cash prize diminishes as the game progresses.

Tournament Champions – There should be a few legendary champions that show up from time to time that are really good and who you truly compete with for the number 1 rank.

Ranking system – It would be nice to show how many opponents you have beat as well and maybe the total amount of tournament you have competed in as well.

Training Troops

It would be nice if training troops was expanded a bit so that there are a few companions that you can recruit to help speed up the process like the character Lezalit from Warband. One could be a veteran officer from the Empire, one could be a Vlandian mercenary captain, and maybe one could be a slave master that trained mamelukes. These would be some of the best companions in the game and would help the player get more T3+ troops. Also it would be nice to train them like you could in Warband to speed up the process to T2 units.

Future Content

Nord Incursion – This is the obvious candidate for future content that adds the invasion of the Nords at some point in the campaign. It could add a new culture to join, new weapons, new companions, and ships with naval combat added. This would also be a good opportunity to add sea trading where the player can own trading ships that act like caravans. Own ships in general was a very cool feature IN Viking Conquest and I hope it is add to the main campaign of Bannerlord at some point.

Hunting – The ability to hunt bears, boar, and deer. This could also provide a way to harvest furs and meat and maybe some rare claws and teeth trophies. This could also add dangerous animal encounters like bears, wolves, and leopards that attack the players party if it is small. There could also be quest from the villages to hunt wolves that are attacking live stock from one of the notables.

@armagan I don't know if you will ever see this thread but if you do thank you and your team for all your hard work!

+1 , I have a post here that has some interesting ideas that are similar and that you could use in your post.-> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...my-infrastructure-recruiting-policies.420919/

With your dev/test experience you could probably visualize better how some of my suggestions could be implemented

The thread has been moved to the "Feedback & Suggestions" section, and put in the Top Activity Feedback & Suggestions list.

? Congratulations on being added to the Top Activity Feedbacks! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

Diplomacy is severely lacking in Bannerlord, that much I agree with you. However, you are also asking for a "diplomatic attitude" which although would make the game less monotonous, could also make the game "set" in a way that on your next play-through it is likely you'll experience kingdoms doing the exact same thing. "Sturgians always losing first" and "Khuzaits are strong" are the first things that comes to mind. After all this, I still agree with you. I've seen diplomacy as a feature in other games, it does not excel here in Bannerlord.

Last edited:
I think the player, once he is established with a kingdom, should be able to offer proposals to another kingdom which they are able to either accept or reject.

Once players who enjoy the approach to play as a band of mercenaries tire of accumulating wealth/renown or the role-play elements of being a mercenary, they can experience a full-fledged diplomacy system by joining a kingdom or starting his own, unlike its current system which lacks foreign policy. Each kingdom has a reputation and suffers a penalty for declaring war on a kingdom with a high reputation - making a player's people more likely to rebel and more susceptible to bribery. Diplomatic actions include making war, requesting for peace, proposing an alliance or friendship treaty, exchanging information/secrets, requesting/demanding/offering tribute/aid as a separate function, forging trade agreements (caravans only trade with kingdoms you have a trade agreement with) and forging trade embargos.

The player can now increase relationship points through diplomatic actions.

Finally, a ranking system of all the kingdoms allows each kingdom to gauge the relative military and economic strengths of their allies and enemies, making alliances against the stronger kingdoms a natural option.

Last edited:
The player, if king, can make domestic and foreign proposals (trade agreements, friendly agreements, alliance agreements, request aid, etc.) without the necessary influence points at the cost of loyalty of his/her settlements. Now the player can play as an actual king/ruler, however, complete loss of loyalty in a settlement results in a rebellion.

Ideas I have came across which I agree with and hopefully the devs will find something to agree with:

Diplomacy

Diplomacy has different types of overtures and benefits, resulting in friends or foes.

Relationships​
There are kingdom relationships such as a binary of war or peace. Then kingdoms can be in a tense relationship after a declaration of war and conflict, but if no fighting between the kingdoms happens for a while, it will change to neutral which is a nation relation of zero. At the beginning of the game, kingdoms will be neutral to each other. Kingdoms can benefit from trade with each other with trade treaties then promise not to attack each other with friendly treaties. Finally, kingdoms may enter alliance treaties and support each other in war against common foes. Note that diplomacy ties in with reputation and relation levels change according to responses to your enemies and friends.​
Economic​
A trade treaty supports the economy, but kingdoms may augment their economy with a request for aid from a friend or demand tribute from an enemy. It is also possible to support a kingdom by selling food to others, or if a kingdom doesn't have food itself, there is an option to spend money to augment food reserves.​
Military​
With an alliance treaty, kingdoms have the option of waging economic war by requesting trade embargo against their enemies. There are more violent options from allies such as requesting a declaration of war and even requesting military aid on an offensive or defensive front.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom