The Ultimate Introduction to Modding | Starting out? Read this!

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't get the python setup properly  :sad: I get the typical ''can't recognize as internal or external thingy'' I have followed you're instructions aswell as the help page you linked. I have also tried to look at youtube tutorials and googled. I have read the comments in this post but nothing seems to work. Could you take a look on this screenshot and see if I set it up properly or if I did something wrong?

h.ttps://gyazo.com/7bddc1fac9c3099b135b49b026aef95a    [Remove the ''.''after the ''h'']

kalarhan said:
Lokameister said:
I can't get the python setup properly

you are missing a "\" there

reinstall Python 2.x and select the option on setup that will add the path for you. No need to do it manually.

It did not give me that option in the installer. Anyway I installed a newer version (2.7.5) where as previously I took 2.7.0 to follow the guide more exactely.

And it worked for some reason! I set up the path manually the same way. I've been struggling with this for hours and im so fricking happy im shaking :grin:

the option is there, just turn OFF (don't add path) by default. It is also sort of hidden unless you go looking for it.

btw not that will matter to your case, but Python is 2.7.14, not sure where you are doing your download from

:arrow: https://www.python.org/
[/quote]

Well that part works now so i'm satisfied, thank you for the information.

Since you seem to know what you're doing I was hoping you could help me with another problem? I am trying to get Swyters Cartography to work. I get this message everytime I try to run the cmd file: ''Oops, looks like we have a bug over there :smile:
Press any key to continue . . .''

my ''build_module.bat'' file works as it should (according to the screenshot in the guide) so this should mean that my modsys points to the right module folder right? Have I made the path correctly?

msysparties = "C:/modsys/Module_system 1.171/module_parties.py"

Any information would be very appreciated :smile:

Im wanting to transfer a few sounds from the sound file from a warband mod into native and other mods... Do i just simply copy and paste them into the other sound files and it should work? also would it work for VC aswell if i try adding the sounds into that sound file too?

PS for some reason im not able to play all of the sounds in the file, the ones that work automatically play through 'groove' but i cant even find that on my computer to play the other ones from. they keep trying to play through windows media but not working.

Hello all. I am new to Warband modding and I have run into an issue. I have things working and have been following a tutorial I found on the forum. The problem I am running into is that whenever I build my module, instead of putting my new files in my mod folder, it puts them in modules. This on its own wouldn't be such a big deal, but it adds the name of my mod to the beginning of each file as well so it looks like "modvariables.txt" as opposed to just "variables.txt". It is getting annoying having to rename and move files each time I compile my mod. I am thinking this could be a permissions issue, or maybe this is just how things are. I have not seen it mentioned on the forums.

* That's actually a lie. If you're familiar with Python, you're free to re-write the Python "compiler" that the ModSys uses, and thus convert it to Python 3.

Guys, if you were kind enough, maybe you could tell me how to do this? I know how to work with python only inside python, and I suck at all this setup stuff. Thanks.

Is it possible to modify already finished mod like ''Sword of damocles warlords''. I wish to modify that mod for my personal use. My problem is that when i run build_module it changes all the mod files to native so i can't access the mods files.

RonZo51 said:
Is it possible to modify already finished mod like ''Sword of damocles warlords''.

you need the mod source code (modsys), not the one from Native (which only works for Native). Search the mod forum/thread as it will have the information about it. It will be either closed source (no download available) or open source (you can download and modify it). The mod creator (and only him/the team behind it) makes that decision.

I have Python set up all and well.
Done the pathing as said in the tutorial.
But when I Build_Module.bat, all I get are errors, errors, and yes, errors. :sad:

Vellenth said:
I am certain that I followed the instructions but I'm still getting this error:

"python: can't open file 'file name here' : [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

I have tried almost everything that I can think of. I have full admin rights. I have both my Warband folder and the Module folders in places that are easily accessed (Desktop, Games, etc.), but I am still getting the error. Am I missing something here?

First off - hats off to Lumos for a concise, informative tutorial. Cheers, mate. This is the first time any tutorial has actually let me get off the ground with any attempt to mod, on any game. Many thanks for that. :grin:

So, I've been tearing my hair out over this . . . I'm having the exact same thing happen when trying to compile the modsys, and I've gone all over the forum searching for answers but haven't come across any solutions for this. The build_module.bat gives this error for all of the process_* files and then says "Could not find C:\Windows\system32\*.pyc"

So what does it sound like I did wrong? Why is it searching for this elusive "C:\Windows\system32\*.pyc"??? :???:
I do know that .pyc files are something to do with the compiler... but ... does that mean it's searching for a file that doesn't exist?

Can anyone spare the time to help a complete newbie? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have plenty of ideas for tweaks and mods but so far can't bring any of them to life. Thanks in advance!  :party:

Back
Top Bottom