The Ultimate Introduction to Modding | Starting out? Read this!

Users who are viewing this thread

killer110 said:
I looked up javaw in the search bar in the start menu. I opened up the file location of the first thing that came up which was javaw.exe. Hypothetically, if I set the path to C:\Windows\System32, would my computer break?

Of couse not. Just append it. Never replace.
Code:
C:\Windows\System32;C:Python27\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin

MadVader said:
You don't know what else was there - better do a system restore.
Yeah... sure... whatever.
It isn't like I'm completely certain that that fixes the problem entirely.

System restores are evil and particularly useless, from idea to implementation.
If you use them, better learn to repair by yourself. Just my humble opinion.

Swyter said:
killer110 said:
I looked up javaw in the search bar in the start menu. I opened up the file location of the first thing that came up which was javaw.exe. Hypothetically, if I set the path to C:\Windows\System32, would my computer break?

Of couse not. Just append it. Never replace.
Code:
C:\Windows\System32;C:Python27\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin
This solution worked well. After implementing that text and testing Eclipse I haven't had any problems so far. Thank you for helping me out of this problem.

manekemaan said:
thanks a lot for the tut, helped me to get python running once more.

one note tough, you might want to tell people to get the installer (www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.3/python-2.7.3.msi) and not one of the other things) I had the wrong one first :p
I thought 2.7.3 don't work with Warband? I'm confused now.

Is this what I should download?

SvenssonHD said:
manekemaan said:
thanks a lot for the tut, helped me to get python running once more.

one note tough, you might want to tell people to get the installer (www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.3/python-2.7.3.msi) and not one of the other things) I had the wrong one first :p
I thought 2.7.3 don't work with Warband? I'm confused now.

Is this what I should download?

Basically the big diferences are between Python 2.X and Python 3.X, they are separated branches with some major syntactic changes.
Any Python would do the trick, it's pretty easy to convert the msys to Python 3.X if you try, mostly parenthesis around prints.

Hello guys

I have a problem, and I don't know what I'am doing wrong.

So basically I only added ;C:\Python27 at the end of the path.

pathd.jpg

And my ModSys looks like this (shown in the next spoiler/picture), keep in mind I live in Denmark, so the Windows 7 64-bit is in Danish. Would that be a problem?

modsysreading.jpg

What do you guys think i did wrong?

I got it working now =), in danish it is called "Programmer" But I still had to write "Program Files"

I am certain that I followed the instructions but I'm still getting this error:

"python: can't open file 'file name here' : [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

I have tried almost everything that I can think of. I have full admin rights. I have both my Warband folder and the Module folders in places that are easily accessed (Desktop, Games, etc.), but I am still getting the error. Am I missing something here?

Hi, Do not know if you will reply to this but i'm still having a problem with pretty much the start i have re-read this so many times and be all over the forum trying to figure it out... but when you tell us to do this:
http://s12.postimg.org/fshrg8n64/****.jpg
I have pretty much the same thing put in this is what i have in..
http://s23.postimg.org/gtpkv5tzf/****1.png
And this is what comes up when i try to to run the .Bat
http://s13.postimg.org/exdmlbet3/****2.png
I have went on to so many threads i just cant figure it out help! it just wont work for me! :s

I got notepad ++ but its not letting me edit module_info
I clicked open, found module_info, opened it, then when i typed nothing happened. i highlighted wots, clicked replace, and tried to replace it with mountblade warband, but then it told me its view only. Please help

DEATH TO KERGITS said:
I got notepad ++ but its not letting me edit module_info
I clicked open, found module_info, opened it, then when i typed nothing happened. i highlighted wots, clicked replace, and tried to replace it with mountblade warband, but then it told me its view only. Please help

Limited writing permissions at Program Files. This helps:
Code:
http://superuser.com/questions/33373/how-do-i-get-permissions-to-save-in-a-folder-that-windows-7-denies-me-from#33377

Or, instead:
Code:
http://superuser.com/a/196347

Thanks for helping!  :grin:
I fixed that original problem by switching to regular notepad instead of notepad ++, but now it doesn't give me permission to save in the mod system folder.
Do you know how to fix that?

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it. I switched back to notepad++, right clicked on module_info, clicked properties, then unchecked read-only.

I tried to follow the instructions but i couldn't figure out how install it, i downloaded the bzipped file and unpacked it but i can't find an install button. please help

Back
Top Bottom