The Ultimate Introduction to Modding | Starting out? Read this!

Users who are viewing this thread

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
You need to give more details if something is not working. Always provide the codelines which you are using and always tell what the error message is. I cannot look into your brain and I also won't ask anymore the next time.
The errosr message is still the same, "Could Not Find C:\Users\Bartek\Desktop\Viking_Conquest_Source_2044\*.pyc"

And my question is still the same: How does your code line look like?  :razz:
Also, did you create a copy paste folder of Native with exactly the same name as 'Viking_Conquest_Source_2044' next to the Native module?
And why are you compiling towards the desktop and not to a path inside the game?

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
And my question is still the same: How does your code line look like?  :razz:
Also, did you create a copy paste folder of Native with exactly the same name as 'Viking_Conquest_Source_2044' next to the Native module?
And why are you compiling towards the desktop and not to a path inside the game?
Nope, I copied the Viking Conquest folder and changed it name to "mod". Also i created in modsys folder empty file with ".pyc". When I opened the "build module" bat file in modsys folder only thing that pops out in cmd is:
"Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . ."
Soo the problem now is that the modsys isn't exporting any files as it should do

I found the solution :grin:. The problem was in the  enviromental variables. I had the ";" sigin at he beggining of the python line, removed it and works fine. Thanks for help  appreciated it !

I accidently removed the original "Path" when I tried to get the Python string on it.
Atleast I got rid of the "Could Not Find C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Warband Modding\Module_system 1.171\*.pyc", but holy cow, that was a scare.
I thought I destroyed my PC for sure :xf-oops::xf-cry::ROFLMAO:

I am trying to set up module system but when i double click the build_module.bat the command console gives error and says

python: can't open file 'process_init.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_global_variables.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_strings.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_skills.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_music.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_animations.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_meshes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_sounds.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_skins.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_map_icons.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_factions.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_items.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_scenes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_troops.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_particle_sys.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_scene_props.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_tableau_materials.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_presentations.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_party_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_parties.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_quests.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_info_pages.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_scripts.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_mission_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_game_menus.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_simple_triggers.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_dialogs.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_global_variables_unused.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_postfx.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Could Not Find C:\WINDOWS\system32\*.pyc

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. .

I did most of the things The Ultimate Modding Guide wanted. I might have missed something, but i dont think so. I would be very pleased if someone helped soon.

I ran the build_module.bat and the application claims that all the global variables are compiled. However, I couldn't find the compiled files. Where are the compiled files? For more context, I'm trying to modify a pre-existing mod called "paradigm worlds". Am I supposed to turn the files into .py files then run the build_module.bat?

DId you compile the Native module system? Or the one of the mod for which you want to make a submod? And how does your file exp dir now look like?

I'm trying to compile a mod I'm trying to make a submod out of. And I think the file exp directory looks like this:

export_dir = "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Paradigm Worlds - Rotrules' Edit - Copy"

However, when I run build_module.bat, the module system didn't convert the .txt files into .py files. Am I supposed to relocate or modify the .txt files before compiling?

Edit 1: It turns out that the module system doesn't turn the .txt files into .py files. It overwrites them. I though the module system could turn the .txt files into .py files that I could understand and edit.

Last edited:
Yes, but do you have the module system of that mod (aka source code)?

No, I don't think I have the source code to the module. Unless you mean the .txt files such as scripts.txt.

Edit 1: I've just learned that the source code of modules is hidden from the users so that people don't steal the source code for their own mods. I was trying to figure out how to modify the doomsday mechanics of Paradigm Worlds with the intention of removing a mechanic where every doomsday cycle subtracts attributes from characters.

Last edited:
If the source of the mod hasn't been released, that's the end of the story unless you reach out to the author(s) and request their sourcecode. There will, however, be mod creators that do not wish to share their code or see their vision changed, and you've got to be respectful of their wishes

EDIT (Just read the above message):
For that you could possibly edit the txt files to change the doomsday trigger to never go off, but it's not going to be very straightforward I fear.

Where can I find the .py files of a given module? Because I couldn't find the .py files of the module I'm trying to edit.
I'll assume you have a deadly disease and have days to live, so deserve any help you can get - please don't make me a liar.

This is how to fix yout txt files to remove attribute decrease.
The problem code is probably in simple triggers, scripts or triggers .txt files, but it could be in game_menus or elsewhere too.
Here's the sequence to look for:
troop_raise_attribute,<troop_id>,<attribute_id>,<value>)
- troop_id is probably 0, which is you, the player
- attribute_id is 0-3, that are codes for str, agi, int, cha in that order
- the value is a negative number, that's how you lower attributes
- troop_raise_attribute code is 1520
So if for example your strength gets decreased by 2, the .txt sequence will be: 1520 3 0 0 -2
- 3 here is the number of arguments of the operation, it's always 3 for troop_raise_attribute, so it's always 1520 3 something
- the player number might not be 0, but some very large number if a variable is used, just don't panic when seeing one, it might refer to the player

So, how to fix this most easily?
Look for the "1520 3" sequence in all mod text files. There should not be too many. Concentrate on those that end with negative numbers, that's where someone's attribute is lowered. If you think you found a sequence where the player gets punished, simply replace the negative number with a zero, so that troop_raise_attribute does nothing.
Be sure to make backups of every file you change and be very careful when changing anything - it's easy to break the game and make it unplayable by making mistakes with direct edits like this.

I wish you gaming joy in your last days.

I'll assume you have a deadly disease and have days to live, so deserve any help you can get - please don't make me a liar.

This is how to fix yout txt files to remove attribute decrease.
The problem code is probably in simple triggers, scripts or triggers .txt files, but it could be in game_menus or elsewhere too.
Here's the sequence to look for:
troop_raise_attribute,<troop_id>,<attribute_id>,<value>)
- troop_id is probably 0, which is you, the player
- attribute_id is 0-3, that are codes for str, agi, int, cha in that order
- the value is a negative number, that's how you lower attributes
- troop_raise_attribute code is 1520
So if for example your strength gets decreased by 2, the .txt sequence will be: 1520 3 0 0 -2
- 3 here is the number of arguments of the operation, it's always 3 for troop_raise_attribute, so it's always 1520 3 something
- the player number might not be 0, but some very large number if a variable is used, just don't panic when seeing one, it might refer to the player

So, how to fix this most easily?
Look for the "1520 3" sequence in all mod text files. There should not be too many. Concentrate on those that end with negative numbers, that's where someone's attribute is lowered. If you think you found a sequence where the player gets punished, simply replace the negative number with a zero, so that troop_raise_attribute does nothing.
Be sure to make backups of every file you change and be very careful when changing anything - it's easy to break the game and make it unplayable by making mistakes with direct edits like this.

I wish you gaming joy in your last days.

I've found the script containing the line that reduces the attributes:

ketele_punishment -1
54 21 1 1224979098644774912 22 1 1224979098644774913 2322 2 1 1224979098644774912 2173 2 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774912 2335 2 2 1224979098644774914 2133 2 72057594037927949 1224979098644774913 4 0 2149 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774912 2108 2 1224979098644774915 8 1529 2 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774915 3 0 4 0 2107 2 1224979098644774913 -2 1520 3 ...

Where the line "-2 1520 3" is changed to "0 1520 3".

Thanks for the help!

Don't do that! That -2 is not part of the 1520 operation, but a previous multiplication op (2107). It may work by luck or it may break your game.
As I said, this is what the sequence looks like "1520 3 0 0 -2", that's 1520 FOLLOWED by 4 numbers. The last (fourth) number should be changed to zero.
This is why people don't want to help with editing txt files, no one follows instructions.

Don't do that! That -2 is not part of the 1520 operation, but a previous multiplication op (2107). It may work by luck or it may break your game.
As I said, this is what the sequence looks like "1520 3 0 0 -2", that's 1520 FOLLOWED by 4 numbers. The last (fourth) number should be changed to zero.
This is why people don't want to help with editing txt files, no one follows instructions.

I've managed to reverse the change. However, I'm unable to find the sequence of numbers that reads "1520 3 0 0 -2".

Changing the line "-2 1520 3" to "0 1520 3" prevents the attribute loss upon doomsday but also prevents mutation increase upon doomsday.

There's got to be some other way to prevent attribute loss upon doomsday besides the one line I could have change. Otherwise, I may decide to bring back the line change despite the risk of bugs.

Back
Top Bottom