The Ultimate Introduction to Modding | Starting out? Read this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Best modding guide I've ever seen, you deserve a lot more than a mere cookie!!

Altough I don't really want to start modding this game I was interested in knowing more about how mods work in this game, specially the ones involving python, as all I've been doing so far are text file tweaks.  And also because I somehow managed to roam into this page :iamamoron: :oops:

This was a fun and educative reading, many thanks for that :grin:

I came across a useful guide to install python on windows 10. If modders on windows 10 follow your guide for installing the correct version of python (2.7.5) for Warband, and follow this guide if they need to locate their environment/system variables. The latter part is for eclipse and not needed.

https://www.londonappdeveloper.com/setting-up-your-windows-10-system-for-python-development-pydev-eclipse-python/

usnavy30 said:
I came across a useful guide to install python on windows 10.

the Python installer has a option for that, it is just off by default (for some reason). Select it and the variable will be set for you. No need for other manual configurations.

The guides on "how to to it manually" can serve as a backup plan

Hello, I'm new to the modding community and I'm looking for help tweaking a couple of things on Warband.
-Create a new troop & troop tree, only recruitable in specific villages/castles.
-Create more Ladies to put into some of the Lord's who have no family members eligible to be wed's family.
-Pick and choose who is the Lord of what fief and alter said fief's general income.
-Create new fiefs.
If you know how to do any of the above please drop me a PM.

how would one use the module system for an already made mod? Perhaps to finish it or make a few tweaks for personal use?

cwca said:
how would one use the module system for an already made mod? Perhaps to finish it or make a few tweaks for personal use?

each mod has its own modsys. For Native (Warband) you can download it from TW website.

For mods you need to check the forum/thread of that mod. Some are open source and allow you to download the source, while others are not. It is the decision of each modder to make it public or not.

Hello

I am looking into the resource file and I see sometimes "uni.equip.brf" and other uni files.

Do you guys have an idea what the uni files are and what they do?

MithrellaS said:
Hello

I am looking into the resource file and I see sometimes "uni.equip.brf" and other uni files.

Do you guys have an idea what the uni files are and what they do?
uni_equip.brf is one of many files that store the module's animations used in-game.
I would guess uni stands for universal as these are also animation files that are used almost, if not, universally in the CommonRes and were perhaps required/altered/left over for Native, Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest for their own Resource folder. (Ani_) named files are the other animation brf files. That, and for NW, mmanimations.brf is commonly used.

I don't know if anyone is replying to this anymore but i had a quick question.

I'm modding on top of the Diplomacy mod, I'm looking to change one thing about it and that is to add a player faction. I want to be able to select that as my kingdom's culture. Any ideas on where to start/ what to do?

Mr_Fantika said:
I don't know if anyone is replying to this anymore but i had a quick question.

I'm modding on top of the Diplomacy mod, I'm looking to change one thing about it and that is to add a player faction. I want to be able to select that as my kingdom's culture. Any ideas on where to start/ what to do?

you can try this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334271.0.html

I've been stuck in the module building part, as it kept giving me errors. The problem is that the ModSys thread has an outdated version of the mod sys, I suggest you to go to the Taleworlds official website, in the download section https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download

Ugh...  I am getting so frustrated that I'm about to give up before I even get started.  I'm stuck adding Python to the environment variables.  I've followed the instructions for this guide, followed the link provided for if you're having problems, and even spent hours Googling it.  No matter what I do, it will not work.  I've tried editing a PATH, I've tried adding a path, I've tried various ways people have said to do it on-line, and every time I'm greeted with " 'python' is not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

49RxFGK.png

BrOK527.jpg

FbMm1Sn.png

RiftZM2003 said:
I'm stuck adding Python to the environment variables

download the latest Python 2.x installer. Run it again. One of the steps has a option asking about the system variable. Mark it. Done. Restart your PC just in case.

OK, so I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and tried again.  The Installer [ v 2.7.13 ] didn't have an option to check or un-check anything for environment variables.  Still having the same issue.

I'm thinking I might know what the problem is.  Am I supposed to add it in both "Path" locations?
nVw95Fr.png

Just one?  Both?  Bottom only?  I've only been adding it in for the top one. 

Yay!  I got it to work, finally.

What I was doing wrong...
  • I was entering the C:\Python27 in the top box under "User Variables" instead of "System Variables."
  • Instead of simply adding "C:\Python27" in the "Path" line, I also needed to add "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages."  Instructions didn't say to do this.

Simply adding in C:\Python27 in the "System Variables" > "Path" field wasn't enough, for some reason.

DUM8CyZ.png

Back
Top Bottom