Resolved The Typo Thread - post typos here as you find them

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Description of a village: "...being reclaimed by weeds, for lack of hands to sew it."

Should be "sow".

You know, I keep seeing that one, and I mean to add it every time I see it but I never do, so thanks for the reminder.

Wrongly put space

When I got a quest to deliver a herd to Baltakhand, the text reads:
... They've put together a herd of 42 cow i nBaltakhand, ..
Should read:

... They've put together a herd of 42 cow in Baltakhand, ..

Got it, thanks.

Has anyone seen any typos fixed in a recent update? I haven't had a chance to play recently. Actually I haven't had a chance to do anything but work recently. In fact most nights I don't even eat dinner because I don't have time.

I'm playing the latest stable version e1.4.1. I found two NPCs with the same name: Dhashwal of the Jawwal. Duplicate first names are fine, but not if its their full names. Perhaps make one of them plain Dhashwal.

The Jawwal are the Aserai mercenary company. The mercenary NPCs are, as far as I can tell, randomly generated the same way Wanderers/Companions are. I have had this happen in my game a time or two. The problem is that there is a small pool of names for the character generator to pick from, and no check for already-used names. If an NPC has a name without "the [Whatever]" (for Wanderers/Companions) or "of the [Whatever]" (for mercenaries) then that means they are pre-made vassals or rulers of the various factions (at least the faction and clan leaders are pre-made, I have seen one of them with two sons who had the same name so maybe family members are randomly generated? I have no idea). It would be better to just make sure that there are no duplicate names.

I think the solution for this is to either expand the pool of names, or implement a check so that each name is used once until after all names are used, or both.

Last edited:
The Jawwal are the Aserai mercenary company. The mercenary NPCs are, as far as I can tell, randomly generated the same way Wanderers/Companions are. I have had this happen in my game a time or two. The problem is that there is a small pool of names for the character generator to pick from, and no check for already-used names. If an NPC has a name without "the [Whatever]" (for Wanderers/Companions) or "of the [Whatever]" (for mercenaries) then that means they are pre-made vassals or rulers of the various factions (at least the faction and clan leaders are pre-made, I have seen one of them with two sons who had the same name so maybe family members are randomly generated? I have no idea). It would be better to just make sure that there are no duplicate names.

I think the solution for this is to either expand the pool of names, or implement a check so that each name is used once until after all names are used, or both.
I agree. (y)

In the case that raiding a village will trigger a war with a neighboring faction, the dialogue says "Raiding this village will cause a war with ."

OK, not exactly a typo, but I haven't seen this called out. The tool-tips you use to see what is in another warband are unable to discern some type of troop. Note the arrows in this pix.

1viSYiH.jpg

In the town management window, aquaduct should be spelled aqueduct.

Added. Thanks.

OK, not exactly a typo, but I haven't seen this called out. The tool-tips you use to see what is in another warband are unable to discern some type of troop. Note the arrows in this pix.

I have been including these, because it is text displayed on the screen. It's added now. Thanks.

The past tense of strap is strapped, not straped. In the Riding skill tree, Well Straped should be Well Strapped.
Main version e1.5.0.

Another one:
In the Athletics skill tree, there is Having Going. This does not make any sense. Do you mean Having a Go or Having a Go at?

I've been playing through the latest update with a new character, and a lot of the typos have been fixed. I'm editing the first post in this thread to show which ones have been fixed as I find them. If anyone comes across one I missed, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom