The Turkish Army in Syria 2019

Watly

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Best answers
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/full-text-turkey-statement-northeast-syria-191017191203481.html said:
7- The Turkish side expressed its commitment to ensure safety and well-being of residents of all population centers in the safe zone controlled by the Turkish Forces (safe zone) and reiterated that maximum  care will be exercised in order not to cause harm to civilians and civilian infrastructure.
11- The Turkish side will pause Operation Peace Spring in order to allow the withdrawal of YPG from the safe zone within 120 hours. Operation Peace Spring will be halted upon completion of this withdrawal.
Could be just me, but reads like a massive knee-jerk of the US to Turkey. They essentially state that they are in favour of Turkey occupying part of Syria.

Hopefully, it prevents IS terrorists from escaping, but I'm sceptical so far.

Cioss

Archduke
Best answers
Watly said:
Well, YPG was the one who were releasing them anyway. Besides, what some escapist radical ex-terrorists and their families capable of doing at this point?

Watly

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Best answers
Cioss Julius U.X. said:
Watly said:
Well, YPG was the one who were releasing them anyway. Besides, what some escapist radical ex-terrorists and their families capable of doing at this point?
Given EUs policy on migrants:

Cross the mediterranean on the ship of a 'well-meaning' NGO, get 6 months of prison due to lack of evidence and then shoot up 50 people before getting put in prison as there "is no flight risk."

Cioss

Archduke
Best answers
That possibility was there since the beginning of the civil war anyway. Turkey has 4 million Syrian refugees now. We don't know who we let inside. Pretty dire situation, you can't tell which one is the homeless shelter-seeker and which one is the potential suicide bomber.

Cioss

Archduke
Best answers
They build a wall last year. Not the tallest one but better than being nothing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria%E2%80%93Turkey_barrier

galactic bum

Knight
WBNW
Best answers
How about some shotgun turrets loaded with a birdshot out there? Will stop the bravest refugee families right in their tracks.

Best answers

galactic bum

Knight
WBNW
Best answers
KhergitLancer99 said:
Hobeto13 said:
Why are they saying Allahu Ekber ? Who are they against ? What makes them unhappy ? Dont tell me these are the allies we used until making the deal.
Clearly they are just a hungry bunch of folks who are asking allah for some snackbars.

Why it's a vast majority dudes though? Don't they have hungry women too?

Cioss

Archduke
Best answers
Women have no right to speak on public. Especially when there are men. You have never seen Islam or Arab culture before?

Best answers
Watly said:
Cioss Julius U.X. said:
Watly said:
Given EUs policy on migrants:

Cross the mediterranean on the ship of a 'well-meaning' NGO, get 6 months of prison due to lack of evidence and then shoot up 50 people before getting put in prison as there "is no flight risk."
For all this whining you would expect Europe to be one of the main refugee destinations but surprise there is only one EU country among top 15 refugee hosting countries.

Best answers
Breaking news YPG just violenced the armistice.
Because of the fire opened with anti-tank gun by the terrorists Turkey has 1 martyr and 1 wounded. (another news of martyr from Hakkari, Turkey due to PKK attack)

Foreign affairs minister Mevlüt Cavusoglu says ''Despite the instructions of US they are opening harassment fire, obviously US should be seeing its wrong of trusting in terrorist organisations. They want Turkey to respond back, so can they do the black propaganda of it''.