The Turkish Army in Syria 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Eichorst said:
Private forums are not free from domestic law of that country or international law. Denying so-called genocide is free speech in booth Turkish and IL.

Free speech laws protect citizens from the government infringing upon their right to speak freely. They don't protect citizens from being able to say whatever they want without any consequences, and they certainly don't prohibit a free corporation's right to allow or deny certain types of speech on a platform that it pays for.

This thread has, predictably, gone pretty far offtopic. If you want an in depth discussion of the Armenian genocide, make a thread for it or post in one of the many such threads about it that already exist. As for freedom of speech, that doesn't exist here, on a privately owned forum. We've been proudly denying it since day one, and shall continue to do so until this forum becomes public property.

Back to the thread topic please.

Cpt. Nemo said:
This thread has, predictably, gone pretty far offtopic. If you want an in depth discussion of the Armenian genocide, make a thread for it or post in one of the many such threads about it that already exist. As for freedom of speech, that doesn't exist here, on a privately owned forum. We've been proudly denying it since day one, and shall continue to do so until this forum becomes public property.

Back to the thread topic please.

Then, ban.

I could understand if this privately owned forum decide not to permit any discussion about 1915 events in Ottoman Empire. But I am struggling to understand warning a forum member like this:

kurczak said:
Flirting with genocide denial is not a good idea for any forumite, least of all those on probation.

After discussion, we've decided that isn't against the rules, but it *is* offtopic for this thread. He hasn't received any official warning for it, nor has anyone else for their opinion of the genocide.

kurczak said:
Flirting with genocide denial is not a good idea for any forumite, least of all those on probation.

Hahhahahaa

I think you forgot the nationality of Taleworlds !
If there was no freedom of speech in this forum about the topic, I believe it would be on YOUR disadvantage not ours.
But naah, we dont do what French do or Swetch used to do(until Dogu Perincek laid it on the table :grin:)
Considering the fact that only 1% or sth in Turkey believe in it(libtard apologists), if what you said was the case I am pretty sure you would have to ban the devs too !  :lol: :lol: :lol:

KhergitLancer99 said:
kurczak said:

Hahhahahaa

If there was no freedom of speech in this forum about the topic, I believe it would be on YOUR disadvantage not ours.
But naah, we dont do what French do or Swetch used to do(until Dogu Perincek laid it on the table :grin:)
Considering the fact that only 1% or sth in Turkey believe in it(libtard apologists), if what you said was the case I am pretty sure you would have to ban the devs too !  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is not right way to comminicate with people. Forget genocide or the current topic on hand, if you wanna convice someone about something, this is not how you do it. I am pretty sure this is harmfull to what you have said in this thread.

Bjorn The Hound said:
KhergitLancer99 said:
kurczak said:

Hahhahahaa

This is not right way to comminicate with people. Forget genocide or the current topic on hand, if you wanna convice someone about something, this is not how you do it. I am pretty sure this is harmfull to what you have said in this thread.

No matter what we say we will always be the deluded Turks. I think you didnt understand what he said, he is talking about banning me for denying the so called genocide. You should first cricise him. This is not about the topic.

I honestly think that you are a moron now, KhergitLancer. You left the ranks of Turkish forumites making sense in this thread and joined the ones that are actually detrimental to efforts of posters like Cioss Julius U.X. trying to have a somewhat civil discussion.

Do not look here said:
I honestly think that you are a moron now, KhergitLancer. You left the ranks of Turkish forumites making sense in this thread and joined the ones that are actually detrimental to efforts of posters like Cioss Julius U.X. trying to have a somewhat civil discussion.

I was putting heavy effort on running a civil conversation but being threatened with ban for expressing thoughts ? If you are also criticising me for changing the color of  this arguement what can I say ? Likewise.

There is this letter that Trump wrote is going wild on the internet since last midnight. I have mixed feelings about this.
EHBmdVLW4AIk3IT

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-pkk-worse-isis-191011229.html

Well, also there is this thing. So many thing is going on at the same time, I can't read his real intentions at all. Obviously his political agenda is on the top priority, there is this thing with impeachment and all. But there is also stuff with Syria. He gives the opportunity for the Turkish operation but at the same time he threatens Turkey if they do anything. He admits that U.S. allied with YPG/PKK and PKK is worse than ISIS but at the same time he is planning sanctions for Turkey. I just can't.

Don't be a fool, I will call you later. :lol:

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I'm a bit annoyed by all those Nationalist idiots. In this case, they're Turkish, but insert x nationality at any other occasion. Basically, they support a war in their home territory, or very close to it, a war that might result in them fighting and dying. And they say bravo. Regardless of any ideological reasons I have to resent them, this behavior is sheer idiocy.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/turkiyeden-abdye-mektup-yaniti-teklif-reddedildi-mektup-cope-atildi-41352400

Best translation as a whole: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=tr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hurriyet.com.tr%2Fgundem%2Fturkiyeden-abdye-mektup-yaniti-teklif-reddedildi-mektup-cope-atildi-41352400

TLDR: They throw that letter to garbage and initiate the Peace Spring Operation. :lol:

Antonis said:
Maybe a bit off-topic, but I'm a bit annoyed by all those Nationalist idiots. In this case, they're Turkish, but insert x nationality at any other occasion. Basically, they support a war in their home territory, or very close to it, a war that might result in them fighting and dying. And they say bravo. Regardless of any ideological reasons I have to resent them, this behavior is sheer idiocy.
Exactly. Although I think these kind of warmonger type of nationalist are low in numbers this time. Donald Trump directly threating Turkish economy, our nationalists just going full rage over how can our army easily invade Washington, New York or at least even he destroys the economy, they say it will mean nothing etc. Just like I said before, I believe this time around I heard leass bull**** like this. I was expecting anyone of them with a internet connection raiding every corner of the internet etc. but it was quite the opposite. Turkish Redditors in r/Turkey put some really tough effort to explain things to foreign persfectives.

Lol. Khergit Lancer deleted a post where he basically said the invasion was just an anti-terrorist operation, not a war, because war happens against another state or nation(disregarding the fact that Syria IS another state or nation). Also, he proclaimed his worship for Kemal, quoting the great leader and said that if I don't believe PKK are terrorists(missing entirely my point), I should listen to Ash Carter and believe. And some other bull**** I don't remember, probably. :razz:
Just FYI

Back
Top Bottom