The Turkish Army in Syria 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Free Kurdistan
Flag_of_Kurdistan.svg

Turkey got almost all it wanted from the US lol. No sanctions for buying Russian air defence as a NATO member, permission to attack former US ally. Turkish foreign policy hasn't been this successful with any other country. He has the exact opposite image of 'President Trump will make the Unites States look strong' over here

Se realistically what is the scenario? The US pull out of the area leaving a vacuum for the Turkish forces,
who can then fight back the Kurds who have gained a foothold in the area.
Will Turkey attempt an annexation of Syria, or simply prevent the Kurds from establishing a presence there?
Turkey is still in opposition to Assad and thereby also to Russia, right? So do they have more long term goals?
Will we see Turkish troops fighting pro Assad forces, or even Russian?

Turkey is a recent Russia ally and seems to be determined to keep being so. We also softened our position on Assad. The ideal scenario for Turkey seems to prevent YPG presence and agree on a power-sharing agreement that includes Assad and opposition supported by Turkey.  YPG will probably try to lend their support to Assad now but I don't know how it will end up. The main veto-player is Russia at this moment.

Erdogan sincerely thinks that the US is trying to take him down and tried to do so in coup attempt. So he drastically shifted Turkish foreign policy pro-Russia and we got more and more dependent. I am not saying there might not be conflicts because it hasn't been long ago that Syrian planes shot Turkish forces. But pro-Russia preference will probably outlast Syria as long as Erdogan is in power.

Interesting. Turkey used to cautiously consider Russia an opponent in their Middle East interests.
They had good/decent relations with Syria (despite Assad's (and his father's) ties to Russia), but that changed with the civil war.

National Founding Figure Respecter said:
Great, looking forward to hearing all about various war crimes they definitely won't commit.
I saw a report earlier this morning of three girls "at least 10 years old" that were taken, repeatedly raped, and then dumped out in the desert by Turkish troops. Didn't take long.

"at least 10 years old"

The US pulled out of north eastern Syria and just left the YPG at the mercy of the Turks, who will most likely brutally kill them for being "terrorists" when they were the most dependable local group in the fight against ISIL. :facepalm:

Orion said:
National Founding Figure Respecter said:
Great, looking forward to hearing all about various war crimes they definitely won't commit.
I saw a report earlier this morning of three girls "at least 10 years old" that were taken, repeatedly raped, and then dumped out in the desert by Turkish troops. Didn't take long.

"at least 10 years old"

The US pulled out of north eastern Syria and just left the YPG at the mercy of the Turks, who will most likely brutally kill them for being "terrorists" when they were the most dependable local group in the fight against ISIL. :facepalm:
Just prove it, these are just accusations without base. Turkish army is preparing to liberate the people of north eastern Syria from marxist terror group which has executed countless terror atacks and ethnicaly cleansed north east Syria from arabs in order to create fake kurdistan. I hope their fate will be the same as their cousins(armenians) if you side with westerners and tease Turkey when you have western support, we all know what happens when West is bored of their toy and leaves it. Thats when the fun begins.

Reuven said:
Where did you see that report? I've Googled it and can't find a thing.
He is bull****ting harf, Turkish army didnt even enter ypg held areas yet. I pitty western people Who Got brainwashed by social media. Now they will accuse me of being erdoganist because they have no clue. I hate erdogan for delaying this operation and using it for political purposes, I am a kemalist.

Modify a post instead of double posting.

I am not even certain I am a muslim, I am questioning. I would never be part of a religous fanatic cult

Back
Top Bottom