The troops limit on big armies is so dumb

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
I had a faction ally party of 90 troops join my 240 troops army against a 500 troops army. The battle begins and I get only 100 of my troops in bad percentages of different formations as I needed more cavalry, the ally party charges like idiots, get slaughtered and I don't even get my entire army as I want.

So, dumb. Funny thing is this happens because another party joined, I had bigger armies stay fully intact as long as other parties didn't join.

Have you put the battle size up to 1000? If you can, you should be able fit that many in battle.
However yeah it can still come up with even more parties joining or even bigger armies.

I kinda wish they woulda had armies Cap at close to 500 (or something) and balance the game around that if 1k is the functional limit.
Those reinforcement waves often spawn in unfortunate places too.

The number of troops you get in the battle also depends on your tactics level vs the tactics level of the opposing commander.

Agreed. When there is battle size limit, each side should start with a percentage. Like if you have 1000 troops and they have 3000 troops, you should start with 100 while they start with 300. This way it still feels like they have a larger army.
I remember playing Thermopylae Map and I put 300 vs 5000 with a battle size limit of 2000. I got like 50 troops. I should get my 300 and the rest for ai.

When there is battle size limit, each side should start with a percentage. Like if you have 1000 troops and they have 3000 troops, you should start with 100 while they start with 300. This way it still feels like they have a larger army.
I'm pretty sure that's how it works now.

OP is complaining that when you are size-capped due to allies, you get a goofball mixture. And yeah, it is annoying to get a completely bizarre number and force mix of your own party whenever allied parties show up to your battle.

It does prioritise your forces at the top of your party list... so if you want more cavalry, make sure they're high up the list...

Anyone tried to remove the 1000 man limit somehow and see if their system could handle greater battles?
I played using 1200 battle size with Kaoses Tweaks. I can empathize with OP but I personally don't have this issue. It is also something that I believe would be difficult to balance for TW.

I'm not certain, but with the removal of the battle size slider, maybe they intend to make different tactics and behaviours based on these predefined values.

Back
Top Bottom