SP - UI The Troop Screen should have the number of troops on the banner not buried in the scroll-down list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Every time I manage party sizes in my army, when scrolling down the lists to select troops to remove or add, the party size numbers get buried in the scroll. They should remain at the top, visible at all times to reduce the number or times I scroll up and down to complete a task. That number should also do the math for you so we are not constantly adding healthy + wounded to get a number that we then have to mentally calculate to figure out how many troops we can transfer into or out of a party. This would simplify party and army management immensely.

This was already mentioned before... @emrozdemir if could take a look at old posts, many have some good feedback and suggestions! :lol:
In the current party menu you have numbers displayed as : 134+31W(wounded) / 197 (party limit) . When after a battle I can chose some freed troops to join my party I have to calculate every time the healthy + wounded to see how many I can take. It's just boring. It would make more sense if it went like 165/197 (134+31W). Also the number of not wounded is immediately visible on the campaign map which is great because you have to know before you attack an enemy how many are available. The party interface works on managing the numbers in your party and I think in that sense is better the way i suggest.

Also it could be better to have capacity of troops going up to tenths of soldiers. I mean why 197 and not just 190 or 200 or 210. It is easier to figure out numbers and calculate. I don't mean by that that leveling should be harder but in the sense of not loosing focus on complicated numbers to keep in mind when the player should focus more on more immersive strategy issues.

Thanks for your kind attention.
The Limits (Prisoner and Party Limit) are shown as "x+x/y". This should be amended when the only thing that is relevant directly after a battle are the overall sizes.

I know, individually doing the maths on "ready+wounded" soldiers isn't much of a chore, but it's an annoyance that just doesnt need to be there. Show it as "x/x,50 wounded" so you can see at a glance how many units you can recruit. If you want to go overboard with QoL you could also show the number of free slots, so we don't have to do any manual calculation.
In the troops screen, display the total number of troops in your party, in addition to displaying the number of healthy and wounded troops.
Also, it would be great to have it display a running total as opposed to active troops + wounded. I don't want to constantly have to do arithmetic to determine how many prisoners I can recruit or if I should pick ups some troops in a city. Instead of displaying as "Troops: 186 + 24w" it would be great if it was a total with wounded in parentheses: "Troops: 210 (24w)"
You know like how in Excel, you can freeze certain rows so that you always have access to information from that rows. That's convenient, right? Surely people working with computer would know that, right? So why do I keep having to scroll up to see how many more troops/prisoners I can add without going over the limit???

Not to mention all the jumping, for example when you upgrade a unit and add a new stack of troop so the whole list would jump causing your next click to miss and most often click into the transfer troops slider. You know how annoying that is? I feel like I'm on the shady part of the internet and being assault by pop up ads.

The party management UI is a mess, frankly. Tons of blank, unutilised space, while information is being obscure and hard to access, not to mention an overall lack of functionalities. Modders already publish some pretty good fixes so it's not something that difficult, I don't know how you guys can consider the current UI acceptable to ship out..

At least make a post say that it's on radar for improvement or something..
I agree your idea, this panel should be freeze for easier viewing. And please add total number of normal troop + wounded troop be like: (96 + 18w) 114/125

I remember this. Haha. It was like a year ago. I can't believe they haven't added it yet, but there are bigger fish to fry, I suppose (game crashing for people).

Back
Top Bottom