The Travel Advice Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Bulle

Count
Now, I am going to Eindhoven for one day/night on Monday, and I wonder if there is anything nice to see, or any nice restaurants or something like that?

This thread can be used for other people that are travelling somewhere and want some tips on what to see and stuff like that.

I don't know. Their train station isn't bad, but cold. That's all I've seen of Eindhoven. :grin:

You could check this, though. Why are you going there?

It seems like a big list, I want people to say what's good or bad or what they recommend! I have a connecting flight there, the next day. Which means I have a lot of time to kill. I already booked a room in a hotel, which seems nice.

Just walking around the city center should be fun, having a drink on the plain in a cafee...
Just relax...

Carry a knife and stab any stranger who comes within 5 feet of you.

We are here now and Eindhoven is really pretty. The girls are pretty but the boys are rude. The hotel is nice and clean and soon we are heading out to explore the city!

Eindhoven is a really pretty place, the architecture is fantastic with a nice mixture between old and new. We ate some amazing gourmet burgers and took some beers at a "tasting room" around the corner. I think the rudeness I first experienced was just that, the initial impression but people seem quite nice anyway. But they do seem to like Alanis Morissette a lot here. A lot.

@Bulle, beats me. :grin:

@Tuckles,  "bruin café" is mostly a café for old people. :razz: Sort of with lots of brown wood and intended to look a bit old-fashioned. I've never heard of brown coffee shops, really.

Dryvus said:
Luxembourg has some really good donair places, and being so close to Belgium, great waffle stands.

Wrong country. :razz: Eindhoven is in the Netherlands and while close to the Belgian border she'd need to go through a large part of Belgium to reach L'burg.

Tuckles said:
I thought those were called brown coffee shops or something like that?

You're probably thinking of a brown café (bruin café) and the only one of those I know of is in the old folks' home my grandma lives in. Wikipedia says it's a cozy pub or summat.

I too don't know why a coffeeshop is called a coffeeshop. You probably can't get coffee. A café is actually a bar in the alcomohol sense btw.

EDIT: OH, and if you DO try stuff in a coffeeshop don't go all-out and try everything at once. Drug-tourists killing themselves in a stupid stupor cause a lot of whining.

AWdeV said:
Dryvus said:
Luxembourg has some really good donair places, and being so close to Belgium, great waffle stands.

Wrong country. :razz: Eindhoven is in the Netherlands and while close to the Belgian border she'd need to go through a large part of Belgium to reach L'burg.

Bulle said:
This thread can be used for other people that are travelling somewhere and want some tips on what to see and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom