The ? thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a question? You can ask them here. I decided to make this thread because this mod is not like any other. So many cool things have been implemented.

As for my question(s): How do you bring a companion to a village? How do you start a gunfight in a village?

A gunfight with a random person? You can't I think. Gunfights happen in certain situations (mostly quests) only. A companion follows you to certain places only (towns, hunting for example).

Why would anyone wanna trade 5 whiskey or 5 deerhides for 1 firewood with the guy in the cabin? Firewords DIRT cheap.

What's the purpose of the mine?

Highlander said:
A gunfight with a random person? You can't I think. Gunfights happen in certain situations (mostly quests) only. A companion follows you to certain places only (towns, hunting for example).

For "hunting" bandints you can speak with Sheriff, if you found that bandit he will call you in a duel.

Medkirtys said:
What is Double-Barrel shotgun is placed in El-Paso tavern for? Except ppl killing

el paso will be restricted to guns and tavern brawls will take place there, but not in beta version

the gun is there because, bar fights will happen in el paso and there won't be any weapons allowed inside, so you may pick up the gun but no ammo. Also you can break the tables or chairs to hit someone.

Bar brawls are not active yet.

The mine will be related to some sort of quest in the future.

You seem to forget this is a beta release. It is not complete.

Are you going to implement the Civil War in the mod and the France-Mexican wars? Because It isn't activated in the Beta version.

Thanks  :smile:, great mod BTW

NacroxNicke said:
Are you going to implement the Civil War in the mod and the France-Mexican wars? Because It isn't activated in the Beta version.

The Civil war has already ended in 1866. Not sure, if we put some French raiders in or something later.

snacker said:
Why would anyone wanna trade 5 whiskey or 5 deerhides for 1 firewood with the guy in the cabin? Firewords DIRT cheap.

What's the purpose of the mine?

The dialog hints that Buckskin Bill will train you when he likes you enough.  He'll like you more for every quest you complete for him.  Save up the deer hides and whiskey bottles you find for when you are traveling near him, and you'll get some skills out of it.

The firewood isn't the real reward.  It's meant to be a joke...kind of like when your grandma gives you some paltry reward for doing something.  A nickel may have been worth a lot in her day, but not anymore...

Highlander said:
NacroxNicke said:

The Civil war has already ended in 1866. Not sure, if we put some French raiders in or something later.
The French-Mexican wars were still going strong in 1866, but it was happening well to the south of our mod's location.  The game talks about the wars in the starting character dialog, but you won't see France as a faction.  The Mexican troops do have more French weapons however.

OKey, I don't know much about EE.UU history because I'm south american (Chile), and the Starting Character's descriptions (American Union soldier, etc) made me think on the Civil War, and the French-Mexican wars were on the mod  :smile:.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying your mod, good work! Keep it up!

Which revolver is recommended for most rounded/most powerful? I'm currently using the Chromed Colt Army, Starr Single-Action Army and the Remington New Model Navy. Also, I'd prefer if the revolver recommended sounds loud, deep and sharp.

Venitius said:
1851 Navys? For some reason I can only find rusted ones, making them not so good.
There are also good Navys. You just had bad luck.
Colonel_Ryan said:
how the hell do i hunt, i didn't find anything in the Camp menu :?:
Find a herd of deer on the map.
Venitius said:
Which revolver is recommended for most rounded/most powerful? I'm currently using the Chromed Colt Army, Starr Single-Action Army and the Remington New Model Navy. Also, I'd prefer if the revolver recommended sounds loud, deep and sharp.
We tryed to give different revolvers different advantages. There is not one great revolver. I personally like the Colt Walker, even though it's pretty slow.

Back
Top Bottom