The ? thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I dislike the revolver. I usually charge the enemy and only have time to shoot 5 rounds before I run out of the fray. My rifle perfectly compliments this, since it is accurate, does a LOT of damage (more than twice the damage my revolver does) and reloads quickly.

When I'm out of rifle bullets I would have to switch to my revolver and try shooting up my other enemies. I quickly run out of bullets and get pretty much massacred. The rifle/sword/throwing knives combo works best for me.

It is useful to have at least one firearm with multiple shots. If you like to use the single shot, high powered and accurate rifles, a pistol sidearm is great. If your main is a repeater/revolver rifle, the pistol will add little - but sometimes just looks cool, so you can wear it without extra ammo. LeMat is ideal for that with 9 shots, but anything works.

Are military campaigns bugged? My general (Ulysses S. Grant) has called me to battle 2 times already. I reported to him twice (once yesterday, just now today). He told me to follow him both times. The first time he didn't move from El Paso at all for about a week until the quest to follow him disappeared. This time he isn't moving as well. Other castles, towns and cities seem to be getting under siege just fine (though I have never seen one myself).

Also, how do you rob a bank? When I click "Take hostile action" there's only the option "forget it".

You have to basically be a bandit to do it. You have to have a negative relationship with the owners. And easiest way to do that is be a bandit. Not one of the faction bandits, but act like one.

photon_man62 said:
Are military campaigns bugged? My general (Ulysses S. Grant) has called me to battle 2 times already. I reported to him twice (once yesterday, just now today). He told me to follow him both times. The first time he didn't move from El Paso at all for about a week until the quest to follow him disappeared. This time he isn't moving as well. Other castles, towns and cities seem to be getting under siege just fine (though I have never seen one myself).

As far as I know, this code wasn't modified from native.  However, the resulting effect may be different because of the reduction in town centers.

Sometimes i experienced same thing with native:
dull waiting for a main guy, doing nothing.
Never managed, however, see what happened after a week, as got bored and went off :razz:

Hi.

I've been playing the homestead defense quick battle both on my laptop and on my computer at home and it is by far my favorite of the quick battles. Anyway, the first times i had a revolver and after killing all the bad guys and completing the battle a few times i now start with a rifle that has to be reloaded trough the front after every shot (Western guns isn't exactly my best subject). Does your starting weapon automatically change when you complete it a few times to make it harder?

Also does anyone have any tips on how to win the battle with the rifle? I can usually pick off the people on foot but the mounted ones i have trouble hitting while they are moving around, unless they stray to close to the building. Also sometimes one of the bandits will attack you from behind and its hard to defend yourself in a knife fight.
I usually shoot from the opening where you start, and then hide behind the wall while i reload.

Love the mod.

Rifle, being accurate enough to pick the guys off their saddles, i guess need more practice.
Usually on moving targets consider relative speed and distance of target.
First for how much you swing forward shooting them and the distance for judging how high you would have to aim.
Also distance affects to the swing calculation. i.e.: a mounted guy moving at 100 yards
will not require the same forward swing than other moving at same speed at 25 yards, last probably swing next to none.
Other factor is the relative angle to you , and the relative direction he's going to.
A closing mounted guy will take less swing than a going away target, as the thing is,
you have to calculate where to bullet would be when you shoot, and where the target would be at the moment the bullet crosses its path.

All of this sounds difficult but once you get the feeling becomes easier.

In a normal battle try to kill unmounted targets, walking perpendicular or so (this is 90º, across of you), and you'll start to see the difference between far and near and the angle issue as well.

In homestead quick battle, which i like a lot, usually try to get two of the mounted guys first, as they're
getting near angle is not difficult, just aim higher, well above their heads and sure you can saddle one off.

Simulation of bullets, though a bit fast to my taste, is admirably well done  :mrgreen:

*Horses are easier to hit than riders.
*Not always the guy from the back comes in.
*Sometimes somehow they come from behind over the wall :razz:
*Usually when horses passed the front entrance , I go up stairs and check if there are anyone at the back door and shoot him in the face :grin:
*Knife may seem crap enough but faster than their blades.
*Also you have the long arm of a broom, use it :razz:
* From time to time , once horses passed, run to the nearest body and check, sometimes you'll find marvelous things  :wink:

Uncannily enough, once I played "the man with no name" quick battle and AFTER the homestead scene,
farmer appears with Clint gun and skills ! That makes it much easier.
I reported it as a bug before.  :roll:

im having some trouble downloading this module can someone help me? it said "installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact installer's author to obtain a new copy."

im having some trouble downloading this module can someone help me? it said "installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact installer's author to obtain a new copy."

Have you tried redownloading the mod?

Where is the San Casteabro graveyard because it doesn't appear to be in San Casteabro.

This is San Casteabro as I see it:
lamfeaaco.jpg

And here is the map, where I do see 2 graveyards, but is very very different from the city when I "take a walk around the streets":
lamfhaaco.jpg

I've run around the map 100 times, and I don't know where the hell the graveyard is. It must be right under my nose or something. Can someone tell me how to get to the graveyard?

Back
Top Bottom