The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

Users who are viewing this thread

Looks tasty.

This is also tasty
vlpxa.jpg

Which museum would you recommend in Berlin? I'm mainly interested in arms & armour from the early middle ages to late Renaissance.
Also what else to do in Berlin?

Taking sick selfies by the Holocaust monument is a must.
I've never been to a museum with old arms/armour in Berlin.
But I can recommend the Technikmuseum (Technology museum). It has old steam engines and trains, planes, cars etc.
Several war planes too. You can even ride in an old train from the 1930's or 40's, but I missed it.

Also, it looks really cool.
CgA8w.jpg

jt6KG.jpg

I will be going to France and Spain for a full month with an interrail pass. I'm more interested in natural landscapes that can be enjoyed by train journeys, hiking, walking and cycling. Any recommendations?

I'm also interested in movies, documentaries and books that I could look into beforehand to get a better perspective and enhance my travelling experience.

That's a very big area to cover.
Speaking of landscapes I've travelled in sourthern Spain, roughly the Seville, Granada, Gibraltar triangle, including Malaga, Cordoba and the tourist favourite Ronda. It's beautiful.
I was mostly driving, though, but took some long walks in the Sierra Nevada mountain area. Stunning.
Spain has very good train connections between the larger towns - Madrid-Barcelona e.g.

I just saw this and it's probably very late :smile: I moved to Catalonia about 5 months ago and some of the nature here is very nice, with lots of hills, forests and a great coastline (especially in the Girona province). Nice region to visit if you come to Spain besides just going to Barcelona.

The weather is pretty good, most people are relatively well off, and Catalanes are not really as hostile or angry as the media makes them out to be.

Also: If you go to France, Strasbourg is a great city to visit as it's the perfect blend of Germanic and French cultures and it's often overlooked. I lived there for my uni exchange back in the day and it's always been my favorite European city.

Monday I'm vacationing in northern France for 2 weeks. Rouen, Caen and St. Malo.
I also hope to see the famous Mt. Saint-Michel. I understand it's a long walk to get there. Anyone been there?
I loved Mt. Saint-Michel, I don't think there are any tips and tricks about how to do it right, I just wish I arrived earlier(I think I spent around 3 hours) and could spend more time staring at the scenery.

Back
Top Bottom