The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

Users who are viewing this thread

Visiting the UK in a few days on an exchange (ish) program. Could some forumites here from the UK recommend to me nice places to visit while there (not London)?

I was reading up on Shetland btw and it sounded interesting, what with the extant Nordic traditions, the hilly vistas and the remoteness of the place in general. Would it be worthwhile to plan to visit the place?

on you dreyvus

hehe

Arghhh UKVI, they could not correct the error they had made on my visa in 7 whole days so now I’ll have to cancel my tickets and book new ones when I get news of my visa.

Pachinko said:
Visiting the UK in a few days on an exchange (ish) program. Could some forumites here from the UK recommend to me nice places to visit while there (not London)?

I was reading up on Shetland btw and it sounded interesting, what with the extant Nordic traditions, the hilly vistas and the remoteness of the place in general. Would it be worthwhile to plan to visit the place?
I found Canterbury very nice.

York/chester/Canterbury, depending on where you'll be in the country these are all basically the same. Then I would visit either Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester to experience a bit of industrial heritage.

Then go to London because you've ran out of things to do.

Pachinko i literally just got back from a trip to the Shetlands, it was very cool and I would recommend checking out the Up Helly Aa festival if you have time but I wouldn't recommend heading there if you are only here for a short while, lots of travelling and you could get stuck if the weather is bad. The isle of Skye and the west coast of the highlands in general is incredibly beautiful however and well worth a trip if you like mountains and nature and stuff. IF you are still a pimp and a poonhound then I hear Newcastle is a fine party town.

Back
Top Bottom