The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

Users who are viewing this thread

kurczak said:
Gasset said:
I am from Barcelona ^^ I guess I'll have to change from euros to whichever currency they have. I have no idea how prices will change, I guess it'll be cheaper?

A lot of places accept Euros, but they will give you a terrible rate, so you will effectively pay more that way. So do get some Crowns, just make sure the exchange doesn't charge any fees and give you at least 25 Kc per Euro these days. It's been some time since I used exchanges, but I used to like this one this one

Thanks

Berlin surprised the hell out of me, didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. We did a few hours of touristy stuff, the Brandenburg gate and the Riechstag, but quickly got bored. We probably only spent about 3 hours in West Berlin.

The nightlife and culture is amazing, we were staying near Ostbanhof station. The bars, restaurants and clubs were great. One thing that surprised me when we were in the bars and clubs was how friendly Berliners are, we found this one little club underneath a railway viaduct just south of Alexanderplatz, probably only had a capacity of 200. Noone was on their phones, everyone was chatty and it didn't shut till 1pm the next afternoon :lol:

Oh, and there was this flea market/festival thing at Mauerpark in the north which had an incredible atmosphere, would absolutely recommend to anyone thinking of visiting Berlin.

EDIT: I feel as though my trip was made much better by actually meeting and getting recommendations from the locals, as opposed to just going to the tourist traps.

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
placenik said:
I hope there is someone from Turkey here- anybody knows when is traditional climb to Mt Ararat?
I couldn't find anything on 'traditional' climb, but most people(if not all) seem to climb in august.

I got info from some years back that Turkish Mountaineering Federation is organizing big traditional climb every year, but couldn't find any info on it. It seems it doesn't exist any more...
Thanks for help!

PS: Actually all there is in northern hemisphere is climbed July/August :smile:

So two weeks until I move to Osaka. First time I've ever done serious long term abroad, so kind of just checking if anyone has any suggestions for items to pack that I probably won't have thought to pack but which are a pain to get/any other long term advice.

Also, on the off chance anyone knows any good pubs in the Suita area, but that's just so I have somewhere to deal with the culture shock.

Yesterday I came back from my trip to Prague. Astonishingly beautiful city and interesting people. I totally recommend it.

I'm going to Dublin in April. Anybody knows any nice restaurants or pubs?
I'm going to Budapest in April. Anybody knows any place that sells food that doesn't taste like ****?

Come on over, I will cook for you.
And you will ****ing eat it and say nice things about it, jerk, if you want to ever leave this ****ing country.

I do wholeheartedly believe that there is not a single person in Czechia Poland Hungary that actually wants to be there. Can you imagine rising to power just to come to the realisation that you are in Hungary? Poor Orbán.

Back
Top Bottom