The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

Users who are viewing this thread

>he's never visited his country's capital
>he's never had a steak on the puerto madero
>he's never put a rose on Evita's grave
>laughingwhitepeople.jpg

I really am. I quit my previous job in December and been a bum since and want to remain so for a year or two.

Ambalon said:
It depends, really. If you go into the country, specially zones of high italian/german immigration, it's pretty safe. Downside is that there's not a lot to see, on the human side of things - beautiful places all around, though. If safety is really a concern I'd avoid most large cities, maybe with the exception of São Paulo (which is, surprisingly, one of the safest >1mil places in the country).
So Brasilia is bad too? I'm kind of a fan of modern architecture so the city is obviously on my bucket list.

But all things considered, when even the Brazilians are sending me to Argentina, it seems like Argentina it will be.

Oh, trust me, I'm enough of a **** to win this game. I'd pay Headmaster to stage a robbery in the form of commissioning the translation of all my tomes, that should provide him with a job for a good while.

kurczak said:
So Brasilia is bad too? I'm kind of a fan of modern architecture so the city is obviously on my bucket list.

But all things considered, when even the Brazilians are sending me to Argentina, it seems like Argentina it will be.
Brasilia isn't that bad (the city proper, not the small satellite ones around it). Biggest problem, IMO, is that it's quite far from everything else and it's not like there a lot to see there. I honestly think we Brazilians underestimate our country, in what regards tourism (safety aside).

pls come to Porto Alegre
jk don't, there's nothing to see here

Hardly a significant travel, but I'm staying in London on the 28th with the Girlfriend, just off Old Street station. Probably going out for drinks after with some southerners we know, so can anyone recommend any good bars in Shoreditch?

Almalexia said:
Not to distract from Teo's question, and please do answer that as well, but seeing as I may be going out Texas ways, anyone got any recommendations on where to go? Cities, major must see parks, historical/archaeological sites, etc. I'll also be out in Arizona and New Mexico on my way back from Colorado, so if you have any ideas besides the Grand Canyon I'd love to hear em.
Bromden post from hell since I'm just seeing this, San Antonio is cool for seeing the Alamo but that's it. Tons to do in Austin and it's way more tolerant and great in general than the rest of Texas. Other than that I'd just recommend state parks or visiting the caves and stuff, there's a ton of great nature places depending on where in Texas you're gonna be. If you haven't already gone in the month since you posted this.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Fishy's going to Sweden this summer, which I hope will be nice. Anything I should really try and see?
Try me on.  :fruity:

Try Gothenburg or Stockholm.

The trip to the States was awesome-balls-suckingly awesome! Ask me for the specifics, and if anybody wants an NYC tour guide I could recommend a guy!!  :party:

I hope this thread is the relevant place to post about what I posted about

Back
Top Bottom