The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

Users who are viewing this thread

Delora Filth

Do you want to run this ship?
Marquis
Figured this might be useful. Both for getting general travel advice. Bragging about your awesome vacation, discussing your last business trip etc. And to ask if anybody wants to meet up if you're going to somewhere someone here happens to live.

I for one will probably be in Dublin for a few days between Monday 30th and Thursday 2nd. Never been to Dublin itself, so any advice on what to do is welcome.

Go to a pub and buy Guinness on draft. It's a million times better than canned, bottled or export draft Guinness.

Also, the Zoo is pretty good. Museum is nice, but small and not too extensive.

Me and a group of friends went for a day trip to Dublin - got the plane at 5am or so and got the plane back at 4am the next morning. Was a fun day out.

The archaeology section of the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin is amazing and I highly recommend it, but obviously I'm biased. :razz:
The bog bodies alone are worth the visit.

Nice. Cheers!

Vieira said:
Go to a pub and buy Guinness on draft. It's a million times better than canned, bottled or export draft Guinness.
I know. I have been to Ireland before. Just not Dublin.
Hop on a flight and meet me there!

Sockthrik said:
The archaeology section of the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin is amazing and I highly recommend it, but obviously I'm biased. :razz:
The bog bodies alone are worth the visit.
You trying to make it sound like you are from Dublin but your profile say East Grestin, Arstotzka!
Do not try to fool us woman!

If you're ever in San Diego, the only places worth checking out for a tourist are pretty much Old Town for faux-pas Mexican culture, the Gas Lamp in downtown, and the zoo (of course). La Jolla too.

Stay the **** out of National City and Spring Valley, avoid University Heights, City Heights, and some parts of Normal Heights.

Hillcrest has a prominent LGBT community and has nice places to visit. Pacific Beach has beach blondes. Don't walk around there alone at night though, just to be safe.

La Jolla and Balboa are nice for families.

There's nothing to see south of the Balboa besides Seaworld.

Here's a map of 2012 crime change that has all the neighborhoods I'm talking about.

crimemap020112.jpg

Fun fact: the neighborhood above Carmel Valley in that pic is Rancho Santa Fe, which is where some of the richest people in the world have houses. Bill Gates, Mitt Romney, and other ****tons of politicians/cyberelite/1%rs live there.

Teofish said:
I for one will probably be in Dublin for a few days between Monday 30th and Thursday 2nd. Never been to Dublin itself, so any advice on what to do is welcome.
Here's what you do:  :razz:
http://www.newstalk.com/Looking-for-some-extra-work-Vikings-need-8000-extras-in-Ireland
Dublin

FILMBASE, Curved St, Temple Bar, D2

Tuesday 31st March 2015 between 9.30am -4.30pm

Wednesday 1st April 2015 between 9.30am – 5pm

Vieira said:

WRONG.

IGNORE THIS LOUT TEO; Go to the Guinness storehouse, buy a ticket, go to the Gravity Bar on the 8th floor of the building, exchange your ticket for a pint of Guinness and enjoy it there. Fantastic view over the city. And it's possible someone will give you their ticket for free boozahol.

Dublin is a very nice city and the people are quite friendly too so it's'a nice place to spend a few days. Nearby Howth is a very nice sort-of village where the bored rich dubliners go to live to enjoy the fresh sea air and the mountainy bits. Possibly nothing very interesting for a norwegian but it was nice for a flatlander like myself.

Also, visit the jameson distillery.

And just walk around for a while, you'll run into some nice places.

Adorno said:
Teofish said:
http://www.newstalk.com/Looking-for-some-extra-work-Vikings-need-8000-extras-in-Ireland
Dublin

this

Dryvus said:
Don't ******** go to Paris. Don't ******** go to Paris.

defenately this

There's only a couple reasons to go to Paris and chances are; you can't afford them and you don't know the right people.

This Summer I'm going to stay in Helsinki for three weeks to learn about Finland Swedish. Is there anything I should do whilst there? I want to try the nightlife and maybe catch a concert or two.

Adorno said:
Dublin

I've decided I'm actually going to bloody well do this. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom