SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm, thank you for that. I might have checked the throwing flag in this item, but it is rather strange. Also, I need to redo the weights of the weapons. I am happy with the armor weight, but I now noticed that a short axe couldn't be close to 2kg.  :facepalm:
Fortunately, all these are save-game compatible.

This axe is in start equipment. One-handed axes all are about 0.9-1 kg, or even 0.8 kg if it's short. Two-handed may be about 1-2, not more. Those viking swords, that was in IX century, was about 0,9-1 kg, not more 1,2. Low weight of one-handed waepon due to the fact that weapons needs a lot of swings. Unfortunately, I know nothing about of spears and shields. However, I thought shields should be light too.

I see the lamellar armour with mail in this mod. Well, mail with lamellar cover should be totally best armour. Cause weapon try to penetrate first lamellar then mail, so it's very difficult to hit it, so this is most safety armour. At this mod top body armour about 60-64. So, I thought mail with lamellar should be more safety, about 68-70, cause it's really best armour. Well, it's just must be very very expensive, mooooore 20000. Jarl and konungr just can buy it. Also, I think, it's seems need to do more expensive all metal armour and swords.
But, this is just my view and opinion about viking age in Scandinavia. You can have it's different.

Well, I haven't considered that, to be honest. Sure, with that logic, it is best armor. About metal things, yes, they are more expensive than others, but I am not sure I want to increase the price so much, because then it will force the player to buy just limited variety of items.  :smile:

Companions were made by EternalPaladin, thank her! Also, as mini update, friend HooTmAn send me files with many village scenes that look great and bug-free, also with new map icons, blood textures, horizon texture and such. Amazing. Also, some time, he will upload a Graphics patch for anyone to use, for the mod. I'm guessing for stronger machines.  :smile:

Edgar Allan Poe said:
Companions were made by EternalPaladin, thank her! Also, as mini update, friend HooTmAn send me files with many village scenes that look great and bug-free, also with new map icons, blood textures, horizon texture and such. Amazing. Also, some time, he will upload a Graphics patch for anyone to use, for the mod. I'm guessing for stronger machines.  :smile:

Aw man, can't wait. I love that guy, he makes some really good stuff. Really nice guy too, he's helped me a bunch with ideas and encouragement as I'm starting out on my first mod.

Right now it's just a few exploratory tinkerings with Viking conquest, but what I'd love to do is eventually take that base and drop back about 60-70 years and focus more on the anglo-saxon kingdoms' infighting and the initial norse incursions to the west.

... probably waaay more than I could hope to accomplish on my own, but it's fun to think about...

EternalPaladin did a great job w/ backstory for the companions, so thanks to her - how to convey them, I'm not sure. :facepalm:

Anyway, looking forward to the patch/update. Of course, take you time. Maybe some day reliable internet will crawl its way to your location. :mad:
"Technology: what we got when all we wanted was stuff that works." - Douglas Adams :evil:

@ Nate884 - sounds interesting! Wow, it's a time period I've had an abiding interest in, so keep us posted, and good luck!

HooTmAn's contributions sound awesome.

Your mod is great, i follow it since version 1, hope you still work in the sword and the axe and your other mod fires of war ,
in this particular mod the soldiers of finmark kingdom are so weak , some soldiers have only spear not shield, i hope you update this kingdom :smile:
to be more balanced whit the others kingdoms . Thats is all, sorry for my english jajaja . Saludos desde Chile amigo mio :grin:

Edgar Allan Poe said:
Hello, glad you like the mod. I thought I had balanced the troops.  :facepalm:
Don't worry I will re-make them.

Great to hear that bro ,Bug When you encounter with the belligerent drunk in a tavern is imposible to kill him, the  tavern keeper dont stop to say dont shot  dialogue , I am armed whit a axe xd
it would be good all castles and Cities be like the nord faction of warband
I wait for the new version bro

Yeah, the tavern bug has been reported a couple of posts before. I thought I had solved it, but for some reason, it happens only with an axe, very strange. As for scenes, HooTmAn remade all the villages(as well as the blood particles and a lot of other things. Slowly, I will make all castle scenes for the future.

As for a mod update, all companion dialogs are fixed and tested, at least for the English version of the mod. I changed the lamellar armors, as the suggestion of zagrebin was, re-balanced some items and started working on a new Finmark troop tree, better. Also, disabled the practice fields, because I started moving one of them on the map and then I had an idea to improve practice, which I think you guys will like. So, I disabled them and will enable them when the new thing I prepare is ready.  :smile:

So, been working on the mod, fixing stuff, adding other things and decided to make a face-lifting update, for player and NPC faces. I found a model that I liked, added it, but I forgot to change some values and this happened:
8BA6608CF2943C3CB3ACFE3E13300D59547FAE01

Now, it's all fixed, but I had a short laugh.

Edgar Allan Poe said:
So, been working on the mod, fixing stuff, adding other things and decided to make a face-lifting update, for player and NPC faces. I found a model that I liked, added it, but I forgot to change some values and this happened:

:grin: Looks like me in the morning before coffee! :razz:

Edgar Allan Poe said:

Are you sure you really made a mistake? That face looks plenty lifted to me.

That is awesome. I feel like a new companion should be in the works, I'm sure EternalPaladin can come up with an awesome story and dialogue to match, haha

Back
Top Bottom