SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Sure thing, but I'll need some reference images, because a google search I just made for the term brought me a Sutton-hoo helmet, a murmillo helmet, an armet, a Vendel period helmet, a Coppergate, a Phrygian and Eomer's helmet, for some reason, among other things.  :razz:

I will release it at some point, I hope to have a stable Internet connection at some point.  :roll:
Also, while I tried not to have mythical weapon and armor, I have made a quest to find the sword of a hero, somewhere in the world. The sword is of course not realistic, but I found it a good little detail, I hope the purists will forgive me.  :smile:

Also, I really hope I won't dissapoint the players with the new battle system, as it is quite impossible to go berserk and kill every enemy on your own now, like before. Now, most of the enemies are equal to the player and you can kill ~0-10 enemies per battle, depending on your skill and enemy level and equipment. Also, all bandits will kill you, especially if you don't have men in your party. I found it quite different and amusing, but let's see what the experiment will show.  :grin:

Now that I've had a chance to play this for awhile, there are multiple problem with the quest notes and various dialogs.
When buying beers for my troop, the Tavern Keep says, "captain(Persuasion strength 37:cool:"

When attacked by Steppe Raiders, before the battle the raider says, "The elder of the village of Laperanta asked you to bring them 288 head of cattle." I hadn't spoken to any village elders at this point.

When asking if there were any tournaments soon, the Tournament Master responded, "Tournaments are going to be held at The elder of the village of dyeworks asked you to bring them 268 pecks of grain."
In a different town, the Tournament Master responded, "Tournaments are to be held at The village of the populace is indifferent to you asked you to bring them 292 pecks of grain."

When I did take a "deliver cattle" quest, the notes said, "Given by the Village Elder. He currently commands 37 men of which around -1 are wounded."

When I took a "hunt down the criminal" quest, the notes said, "Given by Berigill Fornjot  asked you to deal with the bandits who are occupying the village and report back to him."

So, it's a bit more interesting to do quests! :razz: Beyond that, I really like the changes. :mrgreen:

Hate to bug :razz: you again, but I can't do the "scout castle/villages" quest. I wander around each one for a full day, but I never get the "village scouted" message. I wanted to make sure you knew about that one. Thanks.

I just wanted to thank you for this awesome mod, the more I play it, the more it is becoming my absolute favorite.

I am anxiously awaiting your next update... In the meantime, I honestly have zero modding experience since goofing around with old games when I was a kid. If, however, there is anything fairly simple that I can do to assist or lighten your load so you can focus on more difficult parts of the mod, I would be happy to volunteer to try to help where I can.

I am a huge history buff with a very broad range of time periods that I have researched and studied as a hobby. Honestly, I would in no way consider myself an expert in this time period, a lot of my previous focus and reading has been either in ancient history, a study of the early crusades (11th-13th centuries) and the colonial and industrial periods in the 17th-19th centuries, among other topics.

I have recently become very interested in this time period now, so if there was either something specific you would like researched or some other task involving writing, proofing or even just specific bug reporting that would assist you, please let me know!

Otherwise, thank you for this awesome mod and I am looking forward to your next installment.

Nate884 said:
Otherwise, thank you for this awesome mod and I am looking forward to your next installment.

Same here! :party:

This is a great little gem that I've been playing nearly since it came out. Both the models and the stability are top notch. I know Mr. Poe doesn't pretend to any great historical accuracy, but it "feels" right for the period. :mrgreen:

@Nate884: Thank you very much for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I am glad you like the mod. Thank you for your help, but to be honest, there isn't much left to do. Some time soon-ish I will release a bug-fixing patch, maybe add some things and that's pretty much it. I will continue working on the mod in a more relaxed, slow pace. I am not going to let it die, since I have grown really fond of it, I don't want to see it abandoned, but frankly, other stuff now "pull" me at their direction. What you and every player(incl. myself) can do is find bugs/typos/other misshapen and report it.  :smile:

@OldGreyBeard: Thank you for your constant and lengthy support, that is appreciated more than anything. As you correctly said, I wasn't aiming specifically for historical accuracy. I was and am interested in an as much as possible realistic world. Not particularly fantasy, but I want to be able to take some liberties also.  :razz:

As for my next projects: well, I do have A LOT in mind. For me, M&B and Warband, in particular is the pinnacle of Sandbox gaming, so even when(and if :ohdear:) Bannerlord appears, I will propbably continue to make mods for Warband, for some time, at least. Now, as for what's next; I started 2 projects and make progress with them slowly but hopefully steadily. One involves 'porting' Rome Total War's time and place (Europe 270BC) in Warband. Most of the coding(about 70%) of this mod has been done, most of the items are gathered, but due to the size of the project(already 22 factions in the mod, with more coming) and the fact I work mostly alone(Lionstrong made many models and ComradeCrimson offered his magnificent voice acting skills, which you have a chance to hear in this mod, too) it will take me some time, even to release an Alpha. Also, I have started another mod for With Fire and Sword game, set in Europe in 1650. This is smaller in scale, but I love it equally. As for my 'dream', I want to make mod about the Hyborian age at some point. I have gathered many resources over the years, but the task is quite big and every time I am overwhelmed and don't start it. Some time, I will find the courage, though.  :smile:

EDIT: The bug with the quest description is fixed, tested and working as intended. I will release a patch soon.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom