SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
I don't know how they form in Viking Conquest, I haven't played it.  :razz:
Picture this, you tell your infantry to hold an area, and they stop short of the flag marker by 10 paces and form up left a bit of the position itself. Now also understand that in native and other mods that when you make them stack on you (follow me) you become the center piece, I don't remember if they fixed it or not, but they formed a long line on your side...leaving you as some random on the very end.

The formations work perfectly but those couple things are what -REALLY- killed the immersion of the mod for me.

I only tell you these things because I ****ing love how your mod is going, and want it to be the best it can be. Did we go over freelancer at all?

Aha, I get it. Don't worry, I won't do such a thing. About Freelancer, personally, I don't think I would like to add it to the mod. But I may make a separate download ultimately, for people that want to it.

Antonis said:
Aha, I get it. Don't worry, I won't do such a thing. About Freelancer, personally, I don't think I would like to add it to the mod. But I may make a separate download ultimately, for people that want to it.
Just saying, I would love to fight under Ragnar....but not as a noble or vassal. Helvetti in VC I fight for Bjorn all the time, Our "relation" is maxed.

Sumtingwong, in VC did you ever notice the F2 menu button 'memorise division placement'? Or read the game-concepts section called Division Placement? Worth a look.

kraggrim said:
Sumtingwong, in VC did you ever notice the F2 menu button 'memorise division placement'? Or read the game-concepts section called Division Placement? Worth a look.
I did, but it didn't change anything, for some reason even after using it they still did the default at the start of battle. I eventually just made them use shieldwall at the start of every fight if possible...otherwise "hey guys just uh..rush those swords over there and have fun."

Yeah. The version is finished, only the dialog remained. Our scripter has send me one out of 3 files and since, she didn't contact me again. So, I am doing the other two by myself. But it's going well.  :smile:

I think this describes my excitement about upcoming release of next version :grin:
Gollum-Turkish-President.jpg

Eh, the mod is ready, I will upload it during the weekend. There were some small fixes(which were done), some more testing plus I finished my other mod, Fires of War and worked on 1200( :wink:) this is why I delayed so much, mainly.  :smile:

Alright, as promised, I uploaded the new version. See download link in first post. In time, I will upload more sites to download from and a ModDB link, when I manage to do that, because my Internet is crap.  :smile:

VERSION 3.0 CHANGELOG

- Diplomacy
- Formations
- Beer Drinking
- Hunting
- Foraging skill(more skills to come)
- Lav's companion Overseer
- Ability to sell prisoners to Manhunters
- Lord indictment spiral fixed
- Wife as companion
- Companion as emissary/spy
- Many new items, almost all item categories(helmets, armour, shields) overhauled, edited and changed
- Completely new troops, everyone has been changed, with emphasis on spearmen and axemen and with the thought that only a few could afford mail armour and swords.
- New textures
- A couple of amazing forts to pillage and conquer, made by Dykjozo
- New map icons
- Authentic settlement names, with the help of researchers, I got rid of fictional/modern names

And many more!

Sorry for the delay, but I was involved in a lot of projects, not counting real life stuff.  :smile:

I just noticed you had posted on ModDB.  Am downloading now.  I am glad you were able to add Diplomacy and formations.  Did you have to start from scratch or were you able to recover your module?

Well, we started with a clean Module System, since I lost my old one.  :lol:
And most of the new stuff was added by Theoren, not me, to be honest. I did the 'make-up', the map, the troops and items, the easy stuff. And he did a mighty fine job.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom