SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems to suggest that if one were to lose their horse on the battlefield that you can whistle for a nearby horse to come to you.

So the point of it is that you can dismount and fight on foot, then call your horse to you when you need to move faster?
What's the hotkey? I would prefer that cool rallying cry that raises morale like in 1257.

Yep, Antonis is right on all counts.  It is a feature of PBOD, it only works for your own horse, and the hotkey is 'M' (for mount, maybe?).

It's super convenient for moving from one area of fighting to another part of the battlefield.  I play M&B with one hand, so I have to dismount to engage in melee.  Without the whistle mechanic, sometimes the fighting would get too far away and it would all be over before I could get there.

Thanks for including it, Antonis!

Adrale said:
So the point of it is that you can dismount and fight on foot, then call your horse to you when you need to move faster?
What's the hotkey? I would prefer that cool rallying cry that raises morale like in 1257.
^ this, but it would also need like a brief defense and attack boost. Because adrenaline is awesome!

Sumtingwong said:
Adrale said:
^ this, but it would also need like a brief defense and attack boost. Because adrenaline is awesome!

I think it's supposed to boost their fighting ability briefly. To me it just makes for good theatrics when you are outnumbered and and take down a wave of attackers and you and your men are like "Yeaaaahhhhh!!".

Antonis said:
Adrale said:
...when you are outnumbered and and take down a wave of attackers and you and your men are like "Yeaaaahhhhh!!".

That happens only with cheats.  :razz:
Believe it or not i've done it, myself and 276 of my best men with the Floris mod, stood and fought over 1000 of the Vaegirs. It was a battle that would echo through time, and pagan poets would sing of my heathen heroes holding high the old ways, as we marched into the storm.

Well, that can happen, due to the reinforcements. I was talking about single-handedly(as in without anyone else on your side) taking large numbers of enemies. :smile:

Antonis said:
Well, that can happen, due to the reinforcements. I was talking about single-handedly(as in without anyone else on your side) taking large numbers of enemies. :smile:
Man I only lost like 100 something soldiers. All we did literally was charge, and they kept spawning on top of us.....it was brutal!

Oh, no. I won't mod that, sorry. First of all, because it's a DLC from an external team(Brytenwalda team) and I don't know(and don't believe) if I can mod their work. Also, there is no need. The new DLC is all about Vikings, a better mod than all by itself! :smile:

You understand, right?

Antonis said:
Oh, no. I won't mod that, sorry. First of all, because it's a DLC from an external team(Brytenwalda team) and I don't know(and don't believe) if I can mod their work. Also, there is no need. The new DLC is all about Vikings, a better mod than all by itself! :smile:

You understand, right?
I believe he/she does, I saw it a while ago and thought about getting it.

Antonis said:

You understand, right?

Sure man, just wishful thinking on my part. Icarus, don't fly too close to the sun  :wink: .

Ah, no, I'm afraid not. Besides the various things of this mod, I develop a couple of others, besides my real life stuff. In conclusion, I am working on the Sword and the Axe, but slowly.

Back
Top Bottom