SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

NorthWind

Recruit
Best answers
That's good!

Vikings series is good for an action series but it should never be watched as a documentary.

About Finnish shields of the era here's a few pictures and symbols that were used in Finland and were many times shown in shield art.

NorthWind

Recruit
Best answers
My laptop is on it's last legs, not working as it should. Fixing it will be a hell and as costly project
I can post some more pictures for now but no idea for how long. My life situation has become more dire as well, and the forums where i have gotten some of these pictures require an annual membership fee.
my friend who has many these kind of pictures also wants something for his labor and i can't pay for everything.
If that wasn't enough my economical situation has worsened more than i thought, because of higher taxes and fee's that my job requires that i pay.

NorthWind

Recruit
Best answers
What i am proposing next is not a threat nor a demand. I do this because of my love with history in all it's forms as well as Finnish and Scandinavian culture and teaching people. But in order that i can continue delivering the best pictures from "locked" sources and preparing for my laptop's eventual end, as well as to start improving my life situation which is dire, the ability that i can pay for even the essentials has become considerably more uncertain.

I am asking that you, Antonis or (anyone else who likes this mod) pays some moderate amount of money for each picture or a bunch of pictures that i deliver, i hate that i have to ask for this, but even i who does this because of my passion for history or even history-influenced works, has to eat. I am sorry if i have annoyed you with this.

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
Oh. Wow.
Ok, I sympathize with your situation, I really do. But modding is a hobby for me, something I do for fun exclusively. I strongly believe in the saying 'sharing is caring' and that all modding should be free. And while I am thankful for your assistance, I won't really pay for stuff I can find with other means. With more difficulty, perhaps, but yeah.

Just as a sidenote, and please don't view it as rudeness, but if your friend wants to charge you money just to let you look or read some of his books, maybe he's not a real friend. Just saying.

NorthWind

Recruit
Best answers
Yeah my friend can be a jerk, but i understand it somehow, because the book he searched for me from a museum is rare and it took him 2 months to find this specific historical picture book.

I understand that you don't want to pay for this which i consider a sort of a hobby too. I will still try to find appropriate pictures and sources, but i cannot guarantee that i can deliver them with haste because this laptop is really not working with me, and no real money to pay for fixing it when combined with other life problems added it can be hell sometimes, to be blunt.
I am not angry at you, don't worry about this, since i am not demanding a payment. i will continue with this project.

NorthWind

Recruit
Best answers
Well i have managed to borrow my relative's laptop but it's been painful to try to find any pictures, my old laptop gave up the ghost i managed to save some pictures but not all. I can maybe/possibly/hopefully post something this week but no promises cause there is so much to do.

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
Take your time. Remember, it is more important to sort things out for yourself, not to find pictures for a mod! :grin:

NorthWind

Recruit
Best answers
Okay, things are still looking pretty grim, but i have managed to stabilize the situation somewhat, financial situation is still bleak as is the state of my laptop but if i can work things out by Monday there should be some pics i could post though as i have stated i can't guarantee anthing with this machine and other things pressing.