The Stories of Calradia (Storytopic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
This is a roleplay/story thread. The story is started, see what will happen. everyone is allowed to answer, but I will delete Posts containing too much off topic things or senseless posts.

As he walked through the streets of Dhirim, looking for a man named "Antonio", a Rhodokian velvet trader, a man asked his name.

"My name is none of your bussiness." He said, annoyed.
"But please sir, I insist." The man begged.
"I'm a trader. That is all you should know." He turned around and continued his way through the streets. He thought that Antonio could have lost the way to their appointment, because he was at least 1 hour overdue.

"I think I'll go check at the town gates to see wethe..." Nothing anymore.

The assassin walked away like if nothing had happened, and blended into the crowd.

Someone continue on this story :smile: Who is the killed merchant? Who murdered him? Why was he killed?

As he maneuvered the streets of Rivacheg he spotted his a man in a quite fine, fur inlaid coat. This man was his target.

"Are you Avgoric?" He asked.
"Why exactly would you want to know?" The man answered.
"Because it is coming." He said.
"What are you talking about?" The man said.

As Avgoric turned to walk away, he felt a pain in his back. He reached behind, and found a knife protruding from in between his shoulder blades, and a cool knife blade slid against his throat. As Avgoric laid dying, the last thing he saw was a hooded face staring him in the eyes.

The Assassin calmly walked into the crowd never to be seen again, as the guards went to see to the fallen man.

Three Days Later
As the Assassin was sitting in his room in the Silver Blood Inn, he overheard about a man talking of his adventuring days, and something involving an arrow. The man complaining of his days of adventure walked up the stairs, and to the Assassin's room.

"I hear you make people disappear?" The once adventurer said.

The man was a large man, muscular in build, with a thick messy mop of dark hair, and a long thick braided beard, as well as heavily drunk.

"Indeed I may, but keep you're voice down. That's all I need is those guards on me." The Assassin responded.
"Well, can we find a more private place?" The ex-adventurer said.
"Aye, but not hear, meet me in the left alley in exactly five minuets" The Assassin responded.
"Aye I can." The once adventurer said.
Five Minuets Later
"Is this the right spot?" The ex adventurer yelled aloud.
"Yes...yes it is..." The Assassin responded, as he crept from the shadows.
"Well let's get this underway," The ex adventurer said "this man...he always uses a bow, and seems to target knees of us adventurers, leaving most of us as blasted city guards!"
"What does this man look like?" The Assassin asked.
"Well...er...we really don't know." The ex adventurer stated.
"Then you are of no use, and know my face..." The Assassin said.
"But wait...where is this going! You can't kill me!" The ex adventurer stated.

The Assassin remained silent, and still, as the ex adventurer charged.

"Ungh..." was all the ex adventurer could get out before he slipped to the ground, a knife sticking out of his stomach.

"I have no intention of killing you...you just won't be able to see me again." The Assassin cooly said as he slid the knife out of his victims body, and quickly gouged both eyes of his victim out, muffling the screams with a rag with some a strange Khergit poison that would knock the victim unconscious.

Days later, the guards found the Assassins most recent victim in the alley, stomach stitched, with the rag still tied in his mouth, eyes missing, but alive. The assassin watched this all go on from a nearby roof top, as his fellow brothers...his fellow assassins...reap havoc on the guards. The Assassin hopped off the roof, walked down the street into another alley, and met with the man.

"It is done. They are dead. You will hear of no talk about arrows and guards knees." The Assassin said.
"Good...good...you've saved many people the torture of their constant moaning." The Man replied.
"Aye I h..." Was all The Assassin could get out.

He looked down and saw a knife protruding from his stomach, the hilt in The Man's hand.

"You're services are through." The Man said, as he smirked.

To be continued...

Romy was sitting in his chamber in the barracks. Soon, it would be his turn to go out on patrol with his men. He was frightened. Even though he was of noble birth, he was forced to join the guards by his parents so he could later rise high on the military ladder. He was appointed as the commander of a 4 man patrol, since the last captan was killed in his very own chambers. The streets were not safe anymore. The count, Alejandro di Errechio, kept hiring more and more guards to replace the dead ones, desperately trying to protect his goods, stolen from the Greek. He knew that the fortress would be emptied in mere hours, once the town guard would be no more.
---
Romy was devastated, it was his time to go out on patrol. His squad was suppost to have another 2 hours resting time, but the last patrol was killed within an hour. He gathered his men. They looked him in the eyes, poor, hungry men, forced to leave their farms to protect a city cursed by the demons, hated by God. They knew. Never again were they to see their wives and children, who would soon die of starvation. Romy wished that he could have said something to encourage his men, but there was nothing to be said. He nod his head towards the big gates, and started walking. His men followed him, sadly facing the ground.
---
They had only been walking around the streets for a few minutes, when Romy saw a dangerous movement. An odd, tiny weapon was pulled out of the haysack of a farmer. Romy had seen this before, it was a tiny cannon, the finger of a demon. No honest man had ever even touched one of these, the assassins surely made them with the help of their foul gods.

"Shields! Left flank!" Romy yelled to his men, who quickly rose their shields on their left side to form a shieldwall. But they were too slow. The man disguised as a farmer had already fired his weapon, and the man next to Romy screamed for one last time, as he fell to the ground. The others were to scared to move, they looked at their commander, hoping he would let them flee, but he had other things in mind. He dropped his heavy Rhodok shield and his cleaver and ran to the farmer as fast as he could. The farmer was stunned, no guard had dared to do this before. He tried to run, but it was too late. He fell to the ground, with his own knife in his throat. Romy grabbed the pistol out of his hands.

"Hurry men, back to the castle! I have his weapon!" he shouted. This would change everything, now that the guards could examine this sorcery, soon all the men would be ready to face the sneaky assassins. Deep inside, Romy felt happy.

Too long?
Also guards should have fireweapons, after all they should be better funded than the assassins.

Roran Hawkins, a lord forced out of his own homeland, finally arrived in a large but neglected town, owned by count Alejandro di Errechio. As he was walking through the streets, he saw one of the farmers dropping on his knees to tie his ankle boots back together, and stand up few moments later again, but now armed with a simple but sharp dagger. He did not know, but his heraldic mail with surcoat, sporting his banner, 2 roses on a red and a white field, looked almost the same as the guard's uniform.

The suspicious farmer blended into the crowd again, escaping Roran's sight. Mere moments later, sooner than he had anticipated, the armed man seemed to appear infront of him, his dagger prepared. He acted swiftly. As the assassin leaped forwards, he reahced for the hand holding the dagger, grabbed it, pushed it away from him and firmly twisted it around. When the man realized this was no poor and weak townguard, he felt what he sowed in his previous victims: Fear. The assassin had to drop his dagger, and followed his arm into the firm grasp Roran held him. Roran hit the man with the hilt of his dagger on the side of his head, and the assassin collapsed infront of him. Before he could take another look at the assailant, a second assassin attacked him. He grabbed a very small and weird-looking crossbow, and pulled the trigger. Roran dropped to the side, and was confused by the loud blast and the cloud of smoke. The assassin, stunned that his victim dodged his only weapon, turned tails and ran.

"It seems they have a little problem in this region."

Jade was on her way to di Errechio's town, Alquio, to sell her father precious wheat and buy some cloth for the money, since the upcoming winter was told to be a cold, merciless snowfest. She had just barely entered the town, when an old man did a walk-by on her. He just walked past, without even looking at her, shot her, and kept on walking. So did the other inhabitants.
Jade was left there, dead, with a hole in her shoulder, in a big pool of blood.

She had forgotten something really important.

There are no female bots...

Back
Top Bottom