The Stoa, Reference Material, Historical Discussion, item/hairstyle suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for the late reply Antonis, i was away of my pc for the past few days because of a family issue. Yes the phalanx translates as good as anyone could expect of a game. Any more realism and we would become a reenactment group... :razz:

Well, there's only one OSP I know with animations, that of Combat ANimation Enhancement and it didn't contain the animations I wanted. The ones I use, are the native javelin throwing ones. I didn't make them, Taleworlds did, I just edit them a bit, follwoing this tutorial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=88430.0

Also, credits(big time) should go to hoboistice, who gave me the codes for aiming the weapon wherever the player wants.  :smile:

Antonis said:
Well, there's only one OSP I know with animations, that of Combat ANimation Enhancement and it didn't contain the animations I wanted. The ones I use, are the native javelin throwing ones. I didn't make them, Taleworlds did, I just edit them a bit, follwoing this tutorial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=88430.0

Also, credits(big time) should go to hoboistice, who gave me the codes for aiming the weapon wherever the player wants.  :smile:

I am using the two-way spear animation along with the Combat Animation Enhancements.  The spears work fine but I don't like some of the other animations in the pack.  They also seem to have interfered with the key commands for spear bracing and shield bash although I didn't change anything with the controls. 

Well, you can always use your own animations or replace some of them with others you want. As I have said before(I think), you're welcome to use my animations, if you want. Also, Fladin who makes the Tohlobaria mod has made some outstanding animations for spears. I don't know if he wants to let other modders use them, but I find them exquisite. And he's a great fellow, you can ask, even just for advice and such.  :smile:

Thank you for your kind words  :oops:
Only,  I have any merit in animations in my mod, I just import some OSP, like everyone
Of course, i always follow this topic ( at least to  spy on what do the "concurrency"  :twisted:)

Since you talk about the subject, the two most beautiful  overhead spear animations i have seen  are that one made by Antonis and the other is from Rome At War, both mods are great and  I always play them in parallel, considering Fires of War as the East Front (against Rome) and RAW 2.5  as the Western Front (against persia)
still dreaming of the union of these two mods  :grin:

Is this your overhead attack animation ?  attacks_new

on the other hand, if you have RAW 2.5  mod, rg_cifre_spear_overhead is their overhead spear animation (very fluide and effective), but I think  not osp

Sorry for the off topic

Antonis,
I assume you had to make some entries into module_animations.py.  If so, would you be willing to share that info?  My animations work fine, but I would be interested in trying out the original warband animations with the overhand and underhand spear thrusts added.

Redleg said:
Antonis,
I assume you had to make some entries into module_animations.py.  If so, would you be willing to share that info?  My animations work fine, but I would be interested in trying out the original warband animations with the overhand and underhand spear thrusts added.

Yeah, for the spears and the sling animations, I used the module_animations. You are in bad luck, though, because I kinda lost my module files, some time ago. But, here's what I did in detail: When you have the new animations you want, just open the module file and the .brf file, copy the animation name(mine for example is 'attacks_new' and paste it over the spot the native has its animation name. If you want to have both Native and your animations, like a mixture of both, like I have, you can use some of the animations that are not used in Warband, like the muskets that are used in 'With Fire and Sword' and are in the file, for some reason. I can say from personal experience that it is working.  :smile:

Also, if you use other animation slots, don't forget to make the changes accordingly to the items file, for the items you want to use the new animations.

fladin said:
Thank you for your kind words  :oops:
Only,  I have any merit in animations in my mod, I just import some OSP, like everyone
Of course, i always follow this topic ( at least to  spy on what do the "concurrency"  :twisted:)

Since you talk about the subject, the two most beautiful  overhead spear animations i have seen  are that one made by Antonis and the other is from Rome At War, both mods are great and  I always play them in parallel, considering Fires of War as the East Front (against Rome) and RAW 2.5  as the Western Front (against persia)
still dreaming of the union of these two mods  :grin:

Is this your overhead attack animation ?  attacks_new

on the other hand, if you have RAW 2.5  mod, rg_cifre_spear_overhead is their overhead spear animation (very fluide and effective), but I think  not osp

Sorry for the off topic

Eh, I was telling the truth, that spear thrusting animations of yours is the most fluid I have seen, almost real life. Also, the animations for the overhead spears are indeed called attacks_new. As you can see in the .brf file, I have tried a number of animations, but the other ones were a bit off, this is the one I liked the most. Also, as you know, I am working one the union of East and West, but slowly, these days.  :smile:

hi, i found this for spartan hoplite symbols, according to that only non spartan's had the "lamda" symbol.

the elite spartan's accordingly to this start from the second row. i'm a bit confused because
i have seen a lot of sources who say that spartan's had the "L" symbol on their shield.

edit: the first one in the top is a royal emblem, and the next two bodyguard's emblems.

From those(and that's a great image, btw) I have six in the mod. I can make the rest.

Also, about the Λ. In the latr years of the 5th century it was when Spartans adopted it. Until then, they were separated into moras with different emblems, accoing to where they where from, what region, house etc. I just moved the use of that symbol earlier, for gameplay reasons, as it is more recogniable, I hope I am excused.  :smile:

If you mean the battle, the mod takes place 5 years before it. And Thermopylae wasn't a settlement, just the name of the place, there wasn't much sense on putting a village there.  :smile:

Edgar Allan Poe said:
If you mean the battle, the mod takes place 5 years before it. And Thermopylae wasn't a settlement, just the name of the place, there wasn't much sense on putting a village there.  :smile:
haha..right.. Anndddd can you show me the patch of 1.06..if you have one. ??? Best mod actually.  :party:

Edgar Allan Poe said:
Sure! Head over to the Download Links thread here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,326029.0.html and grab it! Keep in mind that there's a bug with scenes, though and I will soon upload the 2.0 patch, so you might want to wait or just playtest 1.06, without investing to much, since 2.0 will need a New game. And thank you!  :smile:
wait, I mean a smaller file tho not a full version.. Cause there's nothing in patch and fixes table.. But appreciate your reply.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom