The state of the main story quest is quite sad at the later stages

Users who are viewing this thread

RWBY

Regular
So I started a new campaign in 1.5.10 to see how the main story plays out now after over half a year since I last played. To my surprise it was now actually possible to go beyond the conspiracy part, so I tried hard to unify the empire. After I finally managed to conquer 2/3s of all the empire's settlements (north and south), and eradicating the Khuzait because **** these annoying little twats, I was greeted with the unpleasant continuation of the main story quest. No reward at all for accomplishing this feat, no cutscene showing a coronation, no emperor title, no special clan or kingdom benefits, not even the integration of the remaining western empire's settlements and their clans under the one true ruler of the empire. Instead, I was greeted with war declarations from every non-empire faction except for the Vlandians (why didn't they declare war?). These declarations of war came at a very unpleasant time, right after my armies were exhausted after a series of sieges and when I had to stabilize the settlements, so a heads-up warning would have been nice, you know maybe a year in advance before this kind of total war breaks out. The worst part is yet to come, unfortunately. The eradication quests that came with the unification of the empire failed once I started making peace with some of my enemies because it's not really fun having to fight on 4 fronts completely unprepared and surprised. In the current state of the main story it doesn't really make munch sense to bother with it, which is really sad, because you are only punished for continuing it past saving your siblings. First came the conspiracy quests every goddamn 20 days which I stopped bothering with eventually and then after the unification you are punched in the face with a total war period in which the eradication quests fail when you make peace with the corresponding faction. It just isn't fun anymore at this point.

Yes, They called the quests "Destroy (Faction Name)" and after completed the faction still is alive and will not be destroyed and they can declare war after the truce period.

In CK3, the AI never declares a war they can not win. TaleWorlds should learn from Paradox how to make a good AI.

So I started a new campaign in 1.5.10 to see how the main story plays out now after over half a year since I last played. To my surprise it was now actually possible to go beyond the conspiracy part, so I tried hard to unify the empire. After I finally managed to conquer 2/3s of all the empire's settlements (north and south), and eradicating the Khuzait because **** these annoying little twats, I was greeted with the unpleasant continuation of the main story quest. No reward at all for accomplishing this feat, no cutscene showing a coronation, no emperor title, no special clan or kingdom benefits, not even the integration of the remaining western empire's settlements and their clans under the one true ruler of the empire. Instead, I was greeted with war declarations from every non-empire faction except for the Vlandians (why didn't they declare war?). These declarations of war came at a very unpleasant time, right after my armies were exhausted after a series of sieges and when I had to stabilize the settlements, so a heads-up warning would have been nice, you know maybe a year in advance before this kind of total war breaks out. The worst part is yet to come, unfortunately. The eradication quests that came with the unification of the empire failed once I started making peace with some of my enemies because it's not really fun having to fight on 4 fronts completely unprepared and surprised. In the current state of the main story it doesn't really make munch sense to bother with it, which is really sad, because you are only punished for continuing it past saving your siblings. First came the conspiracy quests every goddamn 20 days which I stopped bothering with eventually and then after the unification you are punched in the face with a total war period in which the eradication quests fail when you make peace with the corresponding faction. It just isn't fun anymore at this point.
It seems as you have prepared yourself only for a royal booty kick.

Step 1. Make Friends with everyone you meet.
Step 2. Have a plan to kill all of them
Step 3. "wolo-lo" (Age of Empires reference) your friends to join you
Step 4. Victory

I have issues with the whole main quest line as well in my current game. Rather than go back Azgos (whatever his name), or Istiana after getting some settlements and pushed the kingdom button. I just moved onwards to the western empire and left them with one castle.

When I went back to the dude and assembled the banner to create my non empire faction. I got the assemble the banner quest completed. Short after I had the quest "weaken the empire" auto fail without even start. Short after that I had the "Istiana's plan" fail at 1000/2000" progression without even start. And short after that I had conspiracy quests start pop open. without Istiana's plan even as a ongoing quest as it failed.

Yes, They called the quests "Destroy (Faction Name)" and after completed the faction still is alive and will not be destroyed and they can declare war after the truce period.

In CK3, the AI never declares a war they can not win. TaleWorlds should learn from Paradox how to make a good AI.

This is just not true. I've completed the main quest and got a notification that the faction is destroyed, heck it doesn't even show up on Kingdom Tab anymore.
Regarding your second statement, how is it any good to have a god sent AI ? To me an AI absolutely should make mistakes, otherwise it's just another bot ridiculizing the player because it collects many more informations.

i'm at the part where you have to destroy Conspiracy caravans, i'm not sure if this is new in 1.5.10 but now when you take out a caravan you lose 200 influence and your kingdom automatically declares war on the kingdom that owns the caravan? it's just not worth doing this quest.

i'm at the part where you have to destroy Conspiracy caravans, i'm not sure if this is new in 1.5.10 but now when you take out a caravan you lose 200 influence and your kingdom automatically declares war on the kingdom that owns the caravan? it's just not worth doing this quest.

You sure you attacking the right caravan? The mission will say where the caravan depart from and where the destination is. Best way to intercept them is to move directly to the their destination and hope you reach there before them and then wait for them to arrive, then engage. The caravan is a120 size one, and move at the speed of a jet engine :p It's easy to spot as it got the usual ! quest marker on it.

yeah they say "ok i guess we can stop pretending now" and their troops have the 'conspiracy' naming. i'm on 1.5.10

I first started Bannerlord about a year ago. Within a month I gave up because there was absolutely no bonus to doing the main quest and plenty of penalties. I restarted again a month or two later and since then I've found I can get to where I control about 2/3rds of the map (on 'easy' settings, but not 'easiest'). Then eventually when you run out of influence your stupid lords want to declare war on kingdoms when you are already fighting 2 or 3 kingdoms and you can't stop them. Or you are warring 2 kingdoms, get an advantage on one and your brain-dead lords refuse to accept peace so you can concentrate on the other one. Basically the lords will only accept peace when its not to your empire's advantage. Back to your point though, yes, there is absolutely no incentive to doing the main quest and I have refused to do it for the last 8+ months. Istiana says she be there to help you and she never does anything. If you give the banner to another ruler whose kingdom you are a part of, he/she says its the greatest thing that anyone has ever done for them...but it doesn't improve relations with them or anything...at least thats how it was when I gave up on it.

I knew it was going to be a unfulfilling quest line at release.

When the main quest line starts with a quest to rescue a family that you have never met, from parents you will never meet, born from a place you have never known, I knew whoever is writing this story just really, really, sucks at storytelling.

The only investment I have in the quest is to unclog my journal... The best thing they ever did for the main quest was add a sandbox mode.

Back
Top Bottom