The state of multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

KSHMR

Sergeant at Arms
The state of multiplayer for the last few weeks summarized: I couldn't log in for some reason for an entire week and when it finally got fixed I now have error crashes saying that bannerlord needs to close down because of some error.

The state of this game is disappointing and I am pretty sure many people are going to take a break. I for one am bored and tired of trying to fix a game to run properly.

There is a Spanish saying: They all killed her and she died alone

Sometimes one person or one cause is blamed for the damage caused by many, damage that can no longer be remedied. It is used when no one wishes to assume their share of responsibility for some unfortunate event, to the result of which several factors have contributed.

Personally, I gave up on Bannerlord. What I find funny is that, were I to want to play, I wouldn't be able to. The game crashes every time... lol.

Yes. Hope that on release everything will be better, with all your favourite ideas finally in, and then get disappointed again and play Warband :smile:
Problem with bannerlord is that I don't even want to play warband anymore lol.
TW: "I used the mount & blade to kill the mount & blade"

I dont get it
Warband looks horrible but Bannerlord plays horrible.

PD: And sometimes Bannerlord doesn't even plays at all

One question to everyone, is Bannerlord at least performing nice now? I played a 1.4.1 version I had as a backup and its horrible, can't play a siege properly without lags whereas I can play any AAA game in full graphics and no problem!

were I to want to play, I wouldn't be able to. The game crashes every time... lol.
Literally this, I DO want to play this game but besides all the crashes and lags I don't even have a server on my region lol, even though now I expect no one playing to even care to ask for a server in SA, it's waaay too late now.

Last edited:
It's not about the graphics it's about the fact that Warband will die no matter what and that its successor is a pile of **** made by a company who forgot how to do good games.

I hope that modders aren't already as fed up as I am. It's so close to them being able to start making progress but why would they bother with this game. It's just an emotional toilet flushing dreams away. Devs will probably screw over mods on the mp side anyways In favor of their matchmaking/class system.

It's not about the graphics it's about the fact that Warband will die no matter what and that its successor is a pile of **** made by a company who forgot how to do good games.
I would usually disagree that this game has no future but going back to the game I can help but agree this game is bland as heck, the worst part is that I love playing the TDM because it's fun, but the whole skimrish/captain mode is boring and bad to play, we've already complained about the class system enough. This ain't going to change, but Alyss don't worry, the modders will solve this game and soon we will all be back on track, without Taleworlds support but who cares now.

To be honest I actually like old graphics. but anyways its a matter of time before warband dies out basically the cycle of most old games. Hopefully they will actually listen to the playerbase

I would usually disagree that this game has no future but going back to the game I can help but agree this game is bland as heck, the worst part is that I love playing the TDM because it's fun, but the whole skimrish/captain mode is boring and bad to play, we've already complained about the class system enough. This ain't going to change, but Alyss don't worry, the modders will solve this game and soon we will all be back on track, without Taleworlds support but who cares now.
Modders can't save MP until TW actually bothers to release server files. And from what has been said on their discord it's not for a long time.

Modders can't save MP until TW actually bothers to release server files. And from what has been said on their discord it's not for a long time.
Oh, yeah forget about it it's going to be in release probably

+1
Multiplayer will never be fixed until these are released. Any minor patch tweaking combat is kind of a waste of development as there will always be players who are satisfied and upset with the changes. Also, the large events and tournaments that happened in warband that are the reason it stayed alive for so long won't happen without these.

I could easily make the argument that Warband actually has better graphics than Bannerlord. While Bannerlord is certainly prettier and newer, the art style of Warband makes gameplay much more enjoyable.

Character models blend into the background far to easily in Bannerlord, and the lighting is just completely broken. Between visibility being 0 while indoors and the lighting on certain maps being just a complete, overpowering, color hue, Warband is often easier on the eyes.

In Warband it is simply easier to understand what is going on on screen. The character models in Warband have a color contrast and texture quality/makeup that is completely different form the background, creating definition and a better understanding of the 3d space which they occupy.

Here is an excellent example of what I am trying to convey. TF2 is the shining example, but Warband does something very similar, even if its accidental. Bannerlord completely fails at this.

I could easily make the argument that Warband actually has better graphics than Bannerlord. While Bannerlord is certainly prettier and newer, the art style of Warband makes gameplay much more enjoyable.

Character models blend into the background far to easily in Bannerlord, and the lighting is just completely broken. Between visibility being 0 while indoors and the lighting on certain maps being just a complete, overpowering, color hue, Warband is often easier on the eyes.

In Warband it is simply easier to understand what is going on on screen. The character models in Warband have a color contrast and texture quality/makeup that is completely different form the background, creating definition and a better understanding of the 3d space which they occupy.

Here is an excellent example of what I am trying to convey. TF2 is the shining example, but Warband does something very similar, even if its accidental. Bannerlord completely fails at this.

Also most ppl run the game on lowest settings lol

Also most ppl run the game on lowest settings lol

I still run Warband on dx7 to this day despite having no reason to. dx7 with good texture quality creates a very clear and easily discernable gamespace. In bannerlord the more you turn the quality down the mushier everything gets. When the competitive/multiplayer mod comes out I hope that its developers give the artstyle and character contrast a good look.

I still run Warband on dx7 to this day despite having no reason to. dx7 with good texture quality creates a very clear and easily discernable gamespace. In bannerlord the more you turn the quality down the mushier everything gets. When the competitive/multiplayer mod comes out I hope that its developers give the artstyle and character contrast a good look.
The comp mod won't have overdetailed maps so that will already be a +. Less vegetation would help as well.

"There were a lot of intelligent design decisions made"
I think I've found the problem

Back
Top Bottom