Resolved The Spy Party Quest: Spy Appearance Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: In the quest, you have to locate a spy with a specific look among tournament goers, but the spy copies the appearance of an innocent contestant. See image below for specifics. The red circle is the correct spy. I had to kill each contestant and reload until I found the correct one. The spy's appearance clearly does not match the description, because he is bald.
How to Reproduce: I accepted the quest, collected the description from the villagers, and no matter how many times I left the city and re-entered to shuffle their positions, the spy still copied the same innocent contestant's appearance. I have not got the quest a 2nd time, so I don't know if it happens every time. I will update if it ever does.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): The Spy Party, given by Bolat, in the city Makeb.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
kALtT2t.png

Version: e1.0.10

Had that same issue. I thought the 3rd one was my man - assuming by marking they meant scars.

This quest is so annoying I just have a companion do it

The quest has one issue it's basically that if you get the tip about "not bald" it means he is bald.

It is always those 4 contestants. The tips about sword, facial markings and beard are correct. It's just the baldness.

The quest has one issue it's basically that if you get the tip about "not bald" it means he is bald.

It is always those 4 contestants. The tips about sword, facial markings and beard are correct. It's just the baldness.

The issue is that Bold and Confident BOTH have the same exact character map. A sword was not included in my clues, just facial and hair features. If it actually meant that he was bald as you say, then both Bold and Confident match the description, still creating problems. I don't think the issue is in the clues given but in character appearance duplication.

The issue is that Bold and Confident BOTH have the same exact character map. A sword was not included in my clues, just facial and hair features. If it actually meant that he was bald as you say, then both Bold and Confident match the description, still creating problems. I don't think the issue is in the clues given but in character appearance duplication.
Yeah you're right haha but still they always have different weapons. So yeah 50/50 chance :grin:

At one of the spots there are two contenders and one of those always worked for me. had to leave town and go back to make them appear first. I always had at least 3 reloads the first time the quest dropped.. to find this solution..

I posted about this as well last Thursday. I didn't want to be so straight forward with it as I wasn't certain about how spoilers are handled, but here is my post if more information is needed:

[Bug][Quest] The Spy Party- issues and testing

Edit: This was my suggestion for a clue change on another thread in order to get people through:
"Yeah, I saw someone like that poking about the market, asking about emergency supplies and such. Had a wicked-looking ax at his hip that I wouldn't want to be on the other end of."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom