The spy arresting quest

Users who are viewing this thread

pchalk

Regular
ok ive taken up the spy arresting quest and this is the second time Im doing it. The first time i found that blue colored 8 man army with the unremarkable townsman. When i engaged them i knocked them all out none died. I went back to the king and i couldnt finish the quest which means there was more to do. I didnt really know what to look for so i gave up the quest.

Now i taken it up and found the same blue colored party, havnt engaged them yet, and i was wondering if someone knew what to do?

Hmm, when I did it I fought the party, knocked them out. And then there was one person left and I knocked him out too, so I had two guys and when I went back to the king he paid me full and I was done.

So maybe it was jut a bug the first time, but I fought two different battles, one with 8, another with just one guy.

I think the worst part of that quest is haing to find the damn spy he like never leaves the city and I can never find him. It was only y stupid dumb luck 2 weeks later I bumped into him by Sungetche castle GOD.

Zantalos said:
Hmm, when I did it I fought the party, knocked them out. And then there was one person left and I knocked him out too, so I had two guys and when I went back to the king he paid me full and I was done.

So maybe it was jut a bug the first time, but I fought two different battles, one with 8, another with just one guy.

I think the worst part of that quest is haing to find the damn spy he like never leaves the city and I can never find him. It was only y stupid dumb luck 2 weeks later I bumped into him by Sungetche castle GOD.

**** two weeks, i definately dont have the patience for that one. well thats the problem tho i only got the eight i never found the other guy. Is there anything distinctive about the other guy on the map?

It appears that sometimes the ordinary guy that travels to the group will try to merge with that party on the world map, but he just disappears instead. Seems like a bug.

I didn't even know he was there, I just fought the first group of people. Then the one guy came out of nowhere and instantly appeared on the minimap right next to me. He was also labeled blue and stuff but he was practically right on top of me after the battle was over so it didn't really matter, he was like a gimmie.

Yeah two weeks I started the quest and waited for a couple days by the city, but I got bored and blew it off to do my own thing and I just happened to stumble into them just standing around like 2 weeks later

hmm i would suggest then to the developers to maybe shorten the time on that and then fix that potential bug with the diappearing dude but thanks for the help guys cuz i think i wouldv just given the quest up after like 3 days tops and ill definately avoid this quest from now on.

Unless it changed in .960, this is how it worked in .953:

You accept the quest and it will show you the main map while time passes.  If you are watching, you'll see the single townsman leave the city.  Note the direction he's going in and follow.

He'll head for a meeting with the small group of men.  Note that if he sees you following him, both he and the other group will make a break for the nearby towns and may therefore get away, making it impossible to finish the quest.

So follow him from a distance until you have sighted both groups and feel you can prevent their escape.  Knock him and the other townsman out and take both back to the quest-giver.

If you only capture one, no success.  If they see you and get away, no success.  Also, in .953 you couldn't abandon the quest that I was aware of, even if one of the  townsmen got away.

As kaeldragor said you need to capture both.

In my game the spy met his master but as they spotted me they separated. I was fast enough to get him as he didn't get far but if you are in a forest it is easy to overlook him. It's also possible that he saw you as you followed him and never met his master.

Back
Top Bottom