The South American issue and a pledge for Custom Servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Goyyyio

Sergeant
First of all, let me say that the game has been incredibly playable now, the performance updates have been amazing and the game has never run so well on my computer, props to that. The reason I say playable, its because even after two years, the NA servers still crash (even with 16 people playing) and I as a South American player, I get not only the crashes but the ping, which brings a load of issues when playing (teletransporting here and there, I'm unable to block properly, sometimes my hits dont land and using a spear is literally impossible, since you cant aim at all, imagine using a horse too). Now I would love to play what you want to make of your game, I really do, I actually enjoy the game when its enjoyable and it doesnt explodes in my face, but all these issues I have put stones in the way of my enjoyment, and there are two easy ways to solve this issue, but the thing is - and this is the most frustrating part - you wont do either of those and therefore cut a part of your community's leg with no reason whatsoever.

The first way would be to give us, South America, a server to play. I dont care about Skimrish/Captain mode, really, all we need is a Siege and TDM server to enjoy playing, EU has gotten a fantastic traffic, and there's no doubt in that, in Warband there used to be many players from EU too, it makes sense you give them server support, but the thing is, people still play Warband in South America because we have no choice, and we want to experience this game too. The alternative is playing in NA, which brings all those issues I've already listed, and makes the game less enjoyable, because playing in EU mostly means 350/400 ping. I dare anyone to play with that ping and have a good time (at least a good time trying to have a fight). At this point I really dont understand why there isnt at least one server, not even one. It's been 2 years of early access, I dont know what proof should I give the developers that we want to play this game, I dont think we neither should, because Oceania has a server that its mostly empty from what I see when I play. If traffic is not the issue, if money is not the issue, if servers are not the issue (at least tell me this isnt the issue, or answer with honesty), then what is it? Can we have a developer, a community manager answer this at all? We have a latin american translation, why dont we have a server?

The second way, a way that would benefit the whole community is: Custom Servers. Instead of bothering to give us a server (which you clearly havent) and instead of bothering reading all the hate mail for the lack of good NA servers, you could just give us Custom Servers for good, and the game will grow inmensely. Not only we would host our own communities, but modders will be able to bring us alternative -and highly demanded- modes like Persistent World (and all its variants), cRPG, Full Invasion, etc. Why isnt this a thing already? Why is the big fuzz with having alternatives to your own game modes? Why smaller communities have to suffer by playing on far away servers with high ping, becoming easy kills for low ping players? Its almost as if our frustration was a kink or a joy at this point. I dont even know lmao. The game is getting better but it can be god like with such a simple feature that exist literally in almost every game out there.

Don't expect a reply. You can ask all you want to the devs, they will never state a clear good reason or actually find a solution.
I've had had the same freezes over and over since release almost. Its weird that they dont focus on fixing the game before adding new stuff, I dont see the point. Everytime I open Bannerlord MP I get to play like 30 minutes until it either crashes, freezes, gets overly laggy so I cant play anymore or straight up just closes itself. The game is fun sometimes but this crap happens all the time, you have to be a monk to play this and not get frustrated

writing from northern mexico here, All I can say is hang in there, I know the feeling of empty servers.

I play in NA and get somewhat good player base and sometimes I-m forced to play EU.

Talk with your friends, tell them to tell other friends, get more copies of the game, list the steam usernames, write a letter to them with said list.

Don't expect a reply. You can ask all you want to the devs, they will never state a clear good reason or actually find a solution.
Sad, can we make steam reach out and force them to address the issue?

Spend more money and burden yourself with the upkeep of one more server for perhaps the only South American player? X for doubt

Hmmm.......... Where from south america did you say you were from? Perhaps i can ask my uncle in steam hq to arrange something.
Spend more money and burden yourself with the upkeep
You know if you just want to be a hater just say it man, because you clearly speak from complete ignorance and just want to bait an outraged response or something, good try anyways lmao, SA Warband had a great community and speaking with a lot of friends over there (who obviously own the game) they dont even touch MP for the lack of servers, only a few bother to bear the pain of playing in NA with the lot of horrible people like you xD

In warband the community owned the servers, here, custom servers aren't yet a thing so any server there is is also costing money and sometimes,mostly NA, those servers tend to crash because they go cheap on it. Why add another such provider to the list
Which is why I ask the team to let us make our own custom servers? Have you even read the post at all or you just want to throw shade hahaha. "COSTING MONEY" yeah, servers arent that expensive actually, our servers in SA were all managed by one guy that didnt even played the game, how much can it cost to a videogame company who's job is to provide those servers. Why add another provider to the list? Because people payed money for your game and they deserve an stable gameplay? This argument makes no sense

South America actually had a pretty sizable Warband multiplayer community, it's not absurd to think it would be any different with Bannerlord

If only there were servers

Ironically enough you hear messages of TaleWorlds making double digit investments and yet here we are, begging them for better/more servers :razz:

(y) Servers for South America & South Africa 2022 (y)

Give the world what it needs, give it Bannerlord!
Ultra violence for young, old, brown, yellow, red, green, blue and white!
Bannerlord for all genders (except women of course (J/K))
Bannerlord is salt on the egg, butter on the bread, socks for the feet!
Give them run.

Last edited:
Hmmm, entonces seguimos sin server... vuelvo a mis 2 año mas de exilio, nos vemos en el 2024.

So, still no server... I will back in 2 years folks, cya.

Back
Top Bottom