The Sons of Ragnarr (VÍKINGAR/NA) "A Casual Clan for Casual Players"

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, a light blue, to give the effect it was painted on with woad... ?

banneriv.png

Color was just paintbucketed over... done quickly.

Maroonish seemed to have done it. Red often does. Quite nice design overall! Don't forget to ponder on adding the normative shields. Outline their shape, and make 'em transparent in some way on parts covering the hull. Heck, even try it in the style of rock carvings! The red would fit in very well in that case.

nurgle01099 said:
sooo, should I throw out the shield, banner, and flag images I made?

Nooo, don't throw them out. Send them to Moeckerkalfie. Even if we don't end up using them, they are still great additions to the mod, and can be added as a donation from you. Jut be sure to tell him what they're for, rather than just shooting him over random banners.  :grin: :grin:

HannesFury said:
Maroonish seemed to have done it.

Lol, yup. It is the best color. Looks like it's painted with blood.

By the way, do you guys want to have a clan night again? Like last night. That was fun!

kpetschulat said:
nurgle01099 said:
North America is a force to be reckoned with!

34600933.jpg
What happened to Canada and Mexico?

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Simple banners work the best...
A rare but all the more wise opinion. Ever so often, less is more.

kpetschulat said:
Quite common back then for banners to have their symbols/insignias painted on.
I have to disagree. Charges were sewn on banners. Of course, fabrics were died but I am not even sure if there was a proper way known of how to paint fabric anyway.

Aklis said:
I like the banner, but it could be sharper. Right now it looks very low-res to me. :smile:
like I said i'm no good with photoshop, the design of the ship banner was does in 10 minutes thats why it looks so low res and a little unfinished if someone could make it look sharper i'd much appreciate it as it would be the quality needed for this mod. It also doesn't help that the drawing was taken from an image of the coin and then filled in with red.

hrotha said:
I wouldn't add more colours but I would consider using different colours, to make it more unique compared to the Erlingr banner.
I thought the exact same thing when making it but i liked the red ship, maybe a different background instead?

nurgle01099 said:
sooo, should I throw out the shield, banner, and flag images I made?
I liked your banner finner I just thought it seemed more like a Goidil banner rather than a Nordmenn one.

kpetschulat said:
By the way, do you guys want to have a clan night again? Like last night. That was fun!
Sorry i wish I could have been here but i was out maybe tomorrow?

Well since ships seem to be the new thing, I took the liberty of Sharpening up Lokoout's ship banner. I retraced the outline and made it more symmetrical, and more straight where it needed to be. I made it look quite nice...

And then I put it on my banner muhahah!

35kl7cy.png

t5honq.png

Look at the difference!

But really, the ship should look better now. The Runes say "Ragnarr" according to a funky website I found, so it is most likely incorrect, I was just having some fun.

I love it finnr, thanks for doing that i suck at anything graphical. the runes according to a book I have should like something like this going based off the futhark :
D1zyAjz.png
the second and fith are the same just to let you know. the name of the runes are Reid, As,Kaun, Naud,As,Reid,Reid the book also shows a rune Hagal:
wHKe035.png]
as a possible replacement for G. again this is all going based off a book and i am not saying it is correct. the kallby runestones have the name ragnarr but i can't find anything that shows the runes very clear

I'd definately recommend using the Younger Futhark ~ 8th to 12th century:
Runen_nordisch.jpg

or the Medieval Futhark ~ 12th century onwards:
Runen_punktiert.jpg

Normally what is written on runestones is: "Raknar" (with the Younger Futhark)

I like the red ship on the blue-green background though.

A small note: You should place the symbol slightly higher for it to show properly on the in game banners... Maybe even scale it down a little.

Alright, I'm on a roll pumping out banners, check these out

25k23aw.png
4g0zs4.jpg
2yvmjx5.png

Tell me which is better, I'll probally add even more banners as the day goes on.

Edit: Three banners in an hour? what am I doing with my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom