Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetschulat

Banned
ragnarr.png
2j69ro5.jpgf
We are now on Steam!

Ragnarr the Worldseeker, son of Björnvarni, was a most fierce warrior. He dared venture to lands unknown; Ragnarr was born in the month of August, the year 989A.D. Ragnarr was born to the great Hirðmann Björnvarni the Dragonhearted and the shield-maiden Eir the Huntress. Björnvarni and Eir grew up together, learned together, fought together and against each other, and for each other. During the battle of Falkenheim (945A.D./Rusmeniy vs. Norðmenn), a battle that bards sung songs of for many generations, Björnvarni was paired with Eir to the center of the shield wall. The two formed the vanguard of the wall. They stood outside of their brothers and sisters and during the charge of the Druzhenik, Björnvarni and Eir successfully held the vanguard and vanquished one-hundred and thirty-three Rusmeniy Druzhenik. The Druzhenik broke, and the shield wall advanced to slaughter those who fell behind the rest. Of the four-hundred and sixty-two Druzhenik that charged, no more than one-hundred managed to escaped with their lives. Björnvarni and Eir stood the vanguard of the Norðmenn shield wall for three days. It wasn't until ten years later, at the siege of Szloboda (955A.D./Rus-Urkanskiy Alliance vs. Norðmenn) that Björnvarni and Eir would be awarded the honors of Thegn in service to their Jarl, Hroskir Bear-Mauled.

Following their appointments to Thegn, Björnvarni and Eir fell in love. The two most honored and revered warriors of the Falklands would give birth to their son, Ragnar, who later would become known as Ragnarr the Worldseeker. Eir was unfortunate to not survive the birth of son Ragnarr, however it is said that her spirit was granted unto Ragnarr, which is why he had the intuition of a shield-maiden, the heart of a warrior, and passion to seek out new lands. Before Ragnarr's first expedition, he gathered a band of his closest friends, and their closest friends. They called themselves "Worldseekers," which would soon be an entitlement of Ragnarr himself. On their first expedition (1014A.D.), they traveled southwest, into the Norman lands. They plundered, pillaged, and destroyed many villages in search of wealth. They returned to their homelands and presented their findings to the now Jarl Olaf. Their plunders were confiscated, and Ragnarr and his men decided to part ways.

Ragnarr reassembled his small army of warriors, shipwrights, hunters, and nomads two years later, including Ragnarr's wife Siggi. During their second expedition (1016A.D.), it would be that many of the men would meet their end, including Ragnarr. They ventured southeast to far away lands only rumored of. Lands of strange people dressed in the hides of foxes, bears, and other wild beasts. The forty-six men, Ragnarr, and Siggi would turn only into twenty-three very changed men, and Siggi. With the loss of Ragnarr to reasons unknown (it is rumored he died of wounds after a battle with the strange people from the southeast), Bjornolfr gathered the remaining men, and they decided to name their band "The sons of Ragnarr" in honor of their fallen fore-father, Ragnarr the Worldseeker. Siggi bore a son of Ragnarr, who she named Ragnarr, as her commemoration to her late husband. Ragnarr the Worldseeker's body was given to the Gods late 1017A.D. Young Ragnarr would grow up to be just like his Father, exploring new worlds, massing great wealth. He took over "The Sons of Ragnarr," and changed the name of the group of now men and women to "The Sons of the Worldseeker." The son, Ragnarr, vanished later in his life, and with him, the story of Ragnarr the Worldseeker ends.

Joining is Easy!
The clan timeframe is during the leadership under Bjornolfr. There is no need for an application process, you just have to say, "I'd like to join." With that said, if you wish to depict a male character, you must use the following name example: (Suggested source for proper names, thanks to Dansk viking)

MaleVikingName_Ragnarsson (Use this link for Male names, if needed: http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter/Viking/viknams3.html#MALE)

... And, a female character, you must use the following name example:

FemaleVikingName_Ragnarsdóttir (Use the link for Female names, if needed: http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter/Viking/viknams3.html#FEMALE)

Brothers and Sisters

vikingrbanner.png

Our banner...
    Brother, Bjornolfr_Ragnarsson (kpetschulat | Steam)
Brother, Loftr_Ragnarsson (lokoout | Steam)
Brother, Sighvatr_Ragnarsson (DarthTaco | Steam)
Brother, Brokkr_Ragnarsson (Ser Brock | Steam)
Brother, Finnr_Ragnarson (nurgle01099 | Steam)
Brother, Gretter_Ragnarsson (Joity |Steam)
Brother, Eirikr_Ragnarsson (Nakamura95 | Steam)
Brother, Diarf_Ragnarsson (Earl_Lemon | Steam)
Brother, Ansgar_Ragnarsson (ThegnAnsgar | Steam)
Brother, Sigvaldi_Ragnarsson (Mr. Wonder | Steam)
herdmann2.png

Hirðmann Björnvarni the Dragonhearted,
Father of Ragnarr the Worldseeker

Total Kinsmen:

10 Brothers, 0 Sisters

Code:
[center][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271791.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vLrOqev.jpg[/IMG][/url][/center]

There are no politics, no trolling, just a group of people who want to have fun. We will be attending the official Vikingr Shieldwall Event hosted on June 2nd.
"First to Fight, First to Die, First to Valhalla... For Ragnarr!"

Good luck and welcome to Víkingr! I'm relieved to see the "Ragnar" bit has nothing to do with the TV series. :razz:

Some small corrections: your tags should be _Ragnarsson and _Ragnarsdóttir.

hrotha said:
Good luck and welcome to Víkingr! I'm relieved to see the "Ragnar" bit has nothing to do with the TV series. :razz:

Thank you, I appreciate it. This is going to be my effort to get the NA community for the mod up and running.

hrotha said:
Some small corrections: your tags should be _Ragnarsson and _Ragnarsdóttir.

Fixed. Thank you so much. My knowledge of these things are kind of small at the moment, but I'm working on it.  :wink:

I want to hand out a warm welcome from a fellow viking and good like with getting the muricans together  :lol:

The Marine Corps picture, the fact you're NA, and the fact this has nothing to do with the Vikings series gives me three good reasons to say "I'd like to join." Wow, that's the easiest application I think I've posted.

Baleigr said:
I want to hand out a warm welcome from a fellow viking and good like with getting the muricans together  :lol:

Thanks, lol. It's going to be tough to get a good NA community going, but I'm going to be talking to the GK admins, and see what they say.

DarthTaco said:
The Marine Corps picture, the fact you're NA, and the fact this has nothing to do with the Vikings series gives me three good reasons to say "I'd like to join." Wow, that's the easiest application I think I've posted.

Well, then I must say, welcome Brother Kinsman. Unfortunately, I do not know a name for you, please PM your name you'll use? Be sure to simply add _Ragnarsson or _Ragnarsdottir depending on male or female at the end of your name!

DarthTaco said:
Ah, sorry I forgot my name. Kind of dumb of me really, I'll be using the name Sighvatr Ragnarsson.

Welcome, Brother! I'm happy to see this is getting attention. I really want to get the NA community going. I often see lots of NA players on the one EU server.

Brock is old German, it's close enough to Norse. :razz: He couldn't figure out a name, so he used Brock, the name he goes in a lot of places. I suggested names to him, but he couldn't make up his mind. So, I told him Brock is okay, for now.

Are you sure of that? As far as I know it's originally a nickname derived from Old English broc, "badger", which is of Celtic origin (cf. Old Irish brocc, Welsh broch). This word was also borrowed into Old Norse as brokkr. Incidentally, Brokkr is also the name of a dwarf in the Prose Edda, but this latter use is unrelated to broc and Brock. In any case, it's not really a suitable name, although I suppose if he really wants to keep it, Brokkr as a nickname meaning "badger" wouldn't be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom