SP Antiquity The Song of Taliesin: Wars of The Old North (Closed beta testing - pg 41)

The mod is going to have about 40 hireable heroes. If we recruit most or all of them, there can be a

• Yes

Votes: 134 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 98 42.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I could not do better than a retexture.

outputcopy-6.jpg

it's not bad, but just under the belt you can see another piece of the tunic, that is continuing with the texture of the skirt...don't know if i've explained myself well... :???:

Good work! You can also do another colour version. These screens are from 867 AD mod, but Markus II lost all his mod files, including this tunic.

b2gr5.jpg

b3jx2.jpg

@ CinuzIta: Know what you mean, im not completely done with the texture.

Will also do other patterns and colors.

Kolba shall I add a version with a shirt under, maybe some warpaint on the body?

Kolba shall I add a version with a shirt under, maybe some warpaint on the body?

Version with shirt would be good and also some warpaint for Connaghta mercenaries.

Dark blue/green:

pictishbattlejz4.jpg

scanxr7.jpg

Perhaps you could throw in the odd Christian shape, to boot? Timing's about right. With Christianity in Ireland having taken root it would make sense for the odd cross to pop up.

I was wondering if this mod is out yet?

Also will there be many Scottish [Even thought they wn't knwn as scots.] troops, mercenaries?

@Rath0s: When I saw the reference illustration, and you told me you were going to do that, I was quite impressed.  That would be very challenging to create, getting all those folds textured in like that.  Looking at the illustration, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how it ties up. 

Anyway, good job on the textures, but I hope you're still planning to throw in a lot more wrinkles (don't know if those are finished textures).  Plus, if you can sort out how that thing is done up in the illustration and texture it that way (i.e. tied around the waste and held with a pin) you'll be an inspiration to our entire organization.  If not, I don't in the least blame you  :razz: 

mac said:

Also will there be many Scottish [Even thought they wn't knwn as scots.] troops, mercenaries?

It's not out yet, and the Dal Riadan Scots are a faction, so there should be plenty of troops for them, as well as some Irish (Scotti) mercenaries. There is also a Pictish faction if that's what you meant.

Narf of Picklestink said:
@Rath0s: When I saw the reference illustration, and you told me you were going to do that, I was quite impressed.  That would be very challenging to create, getting all those folds textured in like that.  Looking at the illustration, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how it ties up. 

Anyway, good job on the textures, but I hope you're still planning to throw in a lot more wrinkles (don't know if those are finished textures).  Plus, if you can sort out how that thing is done up in the illustration and texture it that way (i.e. tied around the waste and held with a pin) you'll be an inspiration to our entire organization.  If not, I don't in the least blame you  :razz:

I might as well remodel that model, thinner, it looks so clumpy and fat. Then I will make a new texture, not using the native backround texture.
I had a terrible headache last day, so I couldnt get anythig done.

mac said:

As Spongly said, we already have kingdom of Dal Riada and many Irish mercenaries (coming from Ulaidh and Leinster plus mercenaries common in all the Ireland).

We are now in need of ideas for quests. Post here, if you have some suggestions:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,77395.0.html

Spongly said:
mac said:

It's not out yet, and the Dal Riadan Scots are a faction, so there should be plenty of troops for them, as well as some Irish (Scotti) mercenaries. There is also a Pictish faction if that's what you meant.

Thanks. Irish are nothing like scots in any way. Much shorter, and o different nationalities.

Can't wait for the mod to come out.

mac

Assuming this mod is pre-Viking/pre c. 790 AD:

Irish are nothing like Scots?! During this time period (pre Viking) they most certainly were extremely similar. The Scots get their name from the Irish tribe that first settled there, the Scotti (of which I happen to be a descendant ... McCollums being members of the larger Scot tribe ... Children of Columbanus who first brought Christianity to Ireland, our homeland is Poltallach).

It was all the northman blood [there was the Romano-Brit too] that would eventually make the Scottish Scots as much Celt as Scandinavian. This is not to say that the Scandinavians didn't add to the Irish gene pool considerably (consider Dublin and the many Fitz-this and Fitz-that), however, this too would happen later.

Just wondering will you have more control of your men. So that you can give better battle formation and be able to give better surprise to your enemy. Such as being able to do kind of a fight like on Age of Empires, then you can get  back into the fight like normal in Mount and Blade stile?

mac

AnimusVirtus said:
Assuming this mod is pre-Viking/pre c. 790 AD:

Irish are nothing like Scots?! During this time period (pre Viking) they most certainly were extremely similar. The Scots get their name from the Irish tribe that first settled there, the Scotti (of which I happen to be a descendant ... McCollums being members of the larger Scot tribe ... Children of Columbanus who first brought Christianity to Ireland, our homeland is Poltallach).

Okay Viking for starters is a modern name for the Dans, Scandinavians. Which are reported as more of the early settlers of the scottish side of the country. More due to the fact that is was less marsh land and Forrest like middle and lower England.

As for the Irish there is a few reports I have read of them coming from island, and all over. But from the history I have read, and from being a full Blooded Mackintosh, second line from the the royal blood line from the Mackintosh clan, that they had been in Scotland for a very long time, and more descendants of the roaming Dans. Namely because they Ireland was settled from more of the flemish tribes.

It was all the northman blood [there was the Romano-Brit too] that would eventually make the Scottish Scots as much Celt as Scandinavian. This is not to say that the Scandinavians didn't add to the Irish gene pool considerably (consider Dublin and the many Fitz-this and Fitz-that), however, this too would happen later.

Reading through all the history I can of back then, it is much more danish blood lines, mix win with existing tribes which made the Scotts. because A the romans never really went more than half way up England. B the scotts on the whole kept to them selves till latter on in years to come.

mac

Back
Top Bottom