The Smithy (Weapon and Armor Suggestion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tajulek said:
Anyway, I was wondering abour dagger, which will be invisible, but with short lenght. I will kill by one thrust. What do you think about this?
Why? Seriously why?
The dagger assassins have right now can be thrown and it kills with one thrust. Can't you be happy? Or do you feel UP as an assassin vs guard?

Lannistark said:
Recently I've noticed broken dagger kills in two hits... It's that fair for someone who has an OP weapon?
I'd like to suggest weapons to kill in one strike, because i edited ini file and that barely changes anything in server [been testing with a server myself] Seriously, what I hate that happens frequently is discovering an assassin, landindg first hit then getting killed because he turns around fast. Assassins really should kill in one strike, another assassin; unless we talking about Guards, then the damage proportion is fine.
Well, all of the weapons, except the broken dagger, can onehit. Some take a bit skill for that, though.
Assassin Weapons:
- Axe: Onehit
- Dagger: Onehit with thrust and often with throw too
- Pistol: nothing to say
- Sword: Mostly Onehit when hitting the head
- Crossbow: Onehit with Headshot
- Broken Dagger: No onehit, but the ranged weapon assassins have other weapons to onehit. Seems to kill in two hits when both are aimed to the head, otherwise you need around 4-5.
- Mace: Can be onehit when aimed to the head, otherwise often knocks enemies down what counts as a onehit almost.

Guard Weapons:
- Ranged Weapons: Onehit with Headshot
- One Handed Weapons: Onehit when aimed to the head
- Two Handed Weapons: Should be Onehit, but they too often aren't. will be changed in next version.
- Coming soon: Arquebuse/Rifle: Probably onehit on long distances, but really long reload and you need to stay in place.
- Coming Soon: Throwing Weapons: Onehit, but limited range and Ammo (You get 2 throwing weapons, you may refill them, though. You also get a one handed weapon, but no shield.)

splofot said:
Tajulek said:
Anyway, I was wondering abour dagger, which will be invisible, but with short lenght. I will kill by one thrust. What do you think about this?
Why? Seriously why?
The dagger assassins have right now can be thrown and it kills with one thrust. Can't you be happy? Or do you feel UP as an assassin vs guard?
this.

When guards have shield at their back, add posibilty to parry projectiles, because at the moment it just serves as decoration.

This is already included btw. A shield on your back helps against projectiles from behind. (You might have sometimes noticed the "hit shield on back" in Singleplayer, this is shown whenever this happens. But it only reduces the damage and does not completely stop the projectile.

Patta said:
This is already included btw. A shield on your back helps against projectiles from behind. (You might have sometimes noticed the "hit shield on back" in Singleplayer, this is shown whenever this happens. But it only reduces the damage and does not completely stop the projectile.
It doesn't actually, I've tested it before, and came out to the conclusion that it does not reduce the damage.
So, for example: if you throw a dagger on someone's back (with a shield on), he'll lose 50% of his HP, which if I recall correctly, is the same amount of HP you lose without the shield.
This is from the "Asssassin Handbook (A guide to Assassin Hunt)" thread:
Troubles said:

As you can see, this time the dagger hit his back (notice the blood). He lost 50% of his hp. I also asked him to drop the shield, so as to know whether the dagger landed on it or on his back. I can't find the screenshot (I don't know what happened), but it landed on his back.

What you said only works in single-player.

Troubles said:
Patta said:
It doesn't actually, I've tested it before, and came out to the conclusion that it does not reduce the damage.
So, for example: if you throw a dagger on someone's back (with a shield on), he'll lose 50% of his HP, which if I recall correctly, is the same amount of HP you lose without the shield.
This is from the "Asssassin Handbook (A guide to Assassin Hunt)" thread:
Troubles said:

As you can see, this time the dagger hit his back (notice the blood). He lost 50% of his hp. I also asked him to drop the shield, so as to know whether the dagger landed on it or on his back. I can't find the screenshot (I don't know what happened), but it landed on his back.

Yep, I remember you tested them, that is why I posted about this before. The shield on back does not seem to reduce any damage at all whatsoever.

OK, then it does not in Multiplayer. But it does in Singleplayer :wink: The problme is that, at least without WSE, I can only test if someone has a shield in his hands. Not if he has one on his back.

Lannistark said:
You could add this armor too in the nord maps:

highlanderrender2.jpg

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145074.0.html

Chnage the actual (ugly) axe from native for one of those:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,191277.0.html

I just found this OSP:
578d4ce2fa7b.jpg

246251597c02.jpg

76b313e175d6.jpg

Also I found some roman houses and things. Would you like to have these ingame as a new faction?

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. At the moment I'd stick with Calradia too; did you decided yet on adding any more OSPs? What about those buildings, the axes, etc?

I added the buildings but some of them look really crappy ingame, the sarranid style houses are good. They are included already, yes. I am not sure about the roman things either, as the houses look not really good. OK, I won't add them then.

Moments ago, I played as a sword assassin who use an axe against a norse guard who use an axe too. That was really fun, and I got 6 kills while he only got 2 kills from me.

However, the problem is that more than half of the 6 kills I recieved, I got it from the direct combat with him, not the assassination.
:???:
It is not the skill, as I just randomly slashed him when he missed. It is not the ping, as my ping is freaking high...

What I noticed is that the axe guards' slashes are way too slower than axe assassins' slashes. Even I myself think that this may be a little too overpowered.  :shock:
Is this intended ?

Well, the axe is intended to be a bit different from the swords the other guards use, yes. But I never saw any problem with it, I never had the feeling that it was underpowered. I will need to make further tests when my PC works again.

Back
Top Bottom