The Smithy (Weapon and Armor Suggestion)

Users who are viewing this thread

But then this is your personal problem. no one who I spoke with had this problem with assassins with pistol. Simply because they have to come close to you or be extremely lucky.

Patta said:
But then this is your personal problem. no one who I spoke with had this problem with assassins with pistol. Simply because they have to come close to you or be extremely lucky.

With town guard with shield, it goes through my shield and takes half my hp so if I manage to kill the guy

The next shot will kill me unless I drop my shield and  try to weave and crap

Yea, the problem is that I can't change anything to that. It is Warband. If a weapon does more damage than a shield has HP, this sometimes happens.

Patta said:

I agree. People keep complaining that they are overpowered & cowardish (especially me:grin:), but there are a few big cons with pistols.

Cons:
There are two ways to fire your shot:
1) You go close, in that case, if you miss, which is usually a at least 30% possibility, you're screwed. You can stand a chance against an archer guard, but boys with big toys will probably just rape you.
YOU'RE PROBABLY SCREWED
2)You fire from afar. 90% chance of UTTER FAILURE. And, you've been spotted.
You can try to run from the guys and change clothes, but chances are their archers have found you and fire off their arrows.
You shall then have to face heavy infantry with your butterknife.
YOU'RE PROBABLY SCREWED
You have a small DAGGER, you need to hit the others like 4 times.
YOU'RE PROBABLY SCREWED
You have a loud inaccurate gun that spazzes out every time townsfolk run into you, so you often stand far away from the others just to be able to aim.
YOU'RE PROBABLY SCREWED
Your gun makes more noise than G. W. Bush having a lolgasm.
YOU'RE PROBABLY SCREWED

Is it possible to enable a "Backstab" mode for daggers that is slow, and only over-heads? It'd be nice for sneak attacks, and people of the shadows.

~Representing the Guild

Nerf the dagger. 1shot almost (the majority) everytime. + 2 throws that also almost kill you.

It have short range, yes, but it's still too fast for that much damage, if you run up to someone without a shield they are screwed.

Yea, it is a bit fast but everything else is totally fine. I will reduce speed a bit, but not more. Dagger is intended to be very deadly and fast as Guards always have more range (even the dagger of the ranged weapon guards has more range)

Is it possible to make the dagger have more trusting damage for the certain 1 hit kill ?

Dagger is very deadly as it is, it does 1 trust kill almost everytime. However, the problem is, when you get in to the fight, the dagger trust are not accurate. When I stab people while fighting them, it make sounds like it is a blunt weapon, and it didn't do any damage at all.

Could you add pilgrim clothing as well as hoods, like the pilgrim and black hood? You see, I recently shut down my assassins guild over in PW because it took so much organization, and I'd like to reopen a branch of it here. Excellent opportunity for a larger player base, by the way.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Could you add pilgrim clothing as well as hoods, like the pilgrim and black hood? You see, I recently shut down my assassins guild over in PW because it took so much organization, and I'd like to reopen a branch of it here. Excellent opportunity for a larger player base, by the way.

There already is a pilgrimish robe. Go to the Sarranid TDM map, the wooden bridge on the left from the guard spawn. Seems close enough.
It's not like we have enough assassin guilds already...

If you want, you can for sure reopen your gang here, no Problem.But why do you want pilgrim clothes? They don't fit to the town walkers and if your Clan Members only run around with this armor, everyone know who they are :wink:

You've probably heard this one before but ninjas didn't wear the famous black outfit and masks, they wore whatever the townspeople did, they sometimes even cross-dressed.

hatimkh said:
You've probably heard this one before but ninjas didn't wear the famous black outfit and masks, they wore whatever the townspeople did, they sometimes even cross-dressed.
Or they wore the armor of the local soldiers they were attempting to kill. But we're not dealing with ninjas here though, an assassin is something different.

splofot said:
hatimkh said:
Or they wore the armor of the local soldiers they were attempting to kill. But we're not dealing with ninjas here though, an assassin is something different.

The point still stands though, if you want to be stealthy wearing your own special uniforms is not the way to do it. Assassin is also a very loose term, anyone hired to kill is an assassin.

Patta said:
If you want, you can for sure reopen your gang here, no Problem.But why do you want pilgrim clothes? They don't fit to the town walkers and if your Clan Members only run around with this armor, everyone know who they are :wink:

Well, in some cities in Europe there were holy places that pilgrims would flock to, like Canterbury, Jerusalem, Rome, etc.

Back
Top Bottom